Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

From what I know it’s mostly the former. Skip’s tweet about Damar Hamlin seemed to be the breaking point. They apparently hashed it out a bit off-air and that helped but it may have been a “too little too late” thing for Shannon.

I thought the breaking point was this:

https://youtu.be/wrH_pRSYAkQ?si=L8I6HmvI4vOl6B5v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The American Dream posted:

How are those networks not fighting over the other 4 games. Like what the hell else is cbs sports showing that night?

Lifetime should just show up with a bid for those 4 games and simulcast the Ballys Indiana feed.

It doesn’t work that way. WB (who own lifetime) or any other network can’t just throw out offers when CBS, ABC, and their other broadcasters have exclusive rights with the league, or at least right of first refusal. TNT and discovery+ also have rights and are probably working out where those other games might go or any competition it might be up against.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 11, 2024

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the wnba press release was here

https://www.wnba.com/news/2024-regular-season-schedule-release

raise your hand if you know that cbs, amazon and ion airs games

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

DJExile posted:

It doesn’t work that way. WB (who own lifetime) or any other network can’t just throw out offers when CBS, ABC, and their other broadcasters have exclusive rights with the league, or at least right of first refusal. TNT and discovery+ also have rights and are probably working out where those other games might go or any competition it might be up against.

Is WBD really putting WNBA games on Discovery+??

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I didn’t think Discovery+ existed anymore. I thought it was all rolled into the Max app.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Is WBD really putting WNBA games on Discovery+??

I was mistakenly reading a release for UK and Ireland markets where apparently the playoff games are being simulcasted on both, not Discovery+ exclusively.

WNBA posted:

TNT Sports and the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) today announced a multi-year collaboration to air WNBA games in the UK and Ireland, re-affirming TNT Sports’ commitment to women’s sport and strengthening its basketball offering.

Fans will be able to watch at least 16 regular-season WNBA games each season live and on-demand via TNT Sports and discovery+ as the 12 teams battle it out for the WNBA Championship.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Mahoning posted:

I didn’t think Discovery+ existed anymore. I thought it was all rolled into the Max app.

It's separate still, but all of their programming is rolled up into max. I don't know who is out there still subscribing to only Discovery+ though

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Vertical Lime posted:

the wnba press release was here

https://www.wnba.com/news/2024-regular-season-schedule-release

raise your hand if you know that cbs, amazon and ion airs games

i only didn't know about ion because i don't know what ion is.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

It's when an atom loses or gains one or more electrons and thus has a non-neutral charge.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kibner posted:

One of those channels that constantly shows marathons of SVU, Chicago P.D., Bones, Criminal Minds, and such all day every day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pretty sure I’ve seen Ion in OTA listings.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

EL BROMANCE posted:

Pretty sure I’ve seen Ion in OTA listings.

Yeah, they're available OTA as a digital subchannel.

For those who remember PAX from the late 90s/early 00s, Ion is what they rebranded to 15~ years ago.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Formula One fandom is about posting with your friends during the week about stupid drama, and occasionally a race happens. Then when the race is over you can get back to the enjoyable part of being a fan.

This isn't a "it was better when they had real fans" because I'm not even an F1 fan but it is a bit disheartening how they went full influencer mode on how they promote F1 in the United States. I just happen to see it passively but a lot of stuff is just "celebs in the paddock!" and not really anything of substance about a given race.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Sharting Bumble's gridwalk has been a thing since at least he started doing commentary in the early 2000s, and it's almost always been the most cringeworthy part of the pre-race

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It'd be better if it felt like a sincere bit, but it's just a man being clueless about famous people. He really needs a straight man to play that off of, but that's not how grid walk reporters operate.

Makes me wonder whose buried bodies he knows about.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/thatdanhasty/status/1778452903935590883

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

hah, that's cute :kimchi:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ohnohedidnt24/status/1778639705958986006

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Lol, that's another great call by Harlan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What really puts this on another level is that he never breaks his cadence or his tone, like at this point he just accepts that weird poo poo is going to happen and he'll call it as easily as he would anything else.

A professional if ever there was one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

Lol, that's another great call by Harlan

I think Harlan is the best in the business right now but he's the absolute GOAT of dumb, ancillary bullshit

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think Harlan is the best in the business right now but he's the absolute GOAT of dumb, ancillary bullshit
You have no idea how spoiled Minnesota kids were growing up with him calling Timberwolves games, even when they sucked.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

You have no idea how spoiled Minnesota kids were growing up with him calling Timberwolves games, even when they sucked.

Timberwolves have had a great run of announcers and color guys.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kevin Harlan is a national treasure.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Crazy Ted posted:

Chiefs games from 1985–1993 were fantastic to listen to, especially when on I-80 traversing Nebraska.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

I knew Kevin and Tom Hanneman really well growing up and being around the wolves a lot. I remember them both being really genuine when talking to teenage me. Saw Kevin a few times after he moved on from the wolves and he always said hi to me by name. RIP Tom.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1779701478372053375

fuckin lmao

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/andrewmarchand/status/1779958488900235667?s=46

https://x.com/andrewmarchand/status/1779975413269184906?s=46

:xie:

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

As far as I'm concerned he should be best remembered for the "Rick Camp" game from his Braves days in the 1980s.