Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Well, for the past 5+ years Phil Simms' only contribution was to throw unnecessary shade toward Boomer.
The bit grew old the first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does NBC still own Roundball Rock

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does NBC still own Roundball Rock

No, Fox got the rights in 2018 and uses it for college basketball.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I think Fox owns it now. Not that I give a poo poo, I'm blaring that at my memorial regardless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want NBC anywhere near sports

any of em

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

They gutted TNT/TBS besides sports. If they lose sports they might as well just shut those networks down.

Each Impractical Joker gets their own show

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

fartknocker posted:

No, Fox got the rights in 2018 and uses it for college basketball.

They used it on AEW last year a few times. So maybe you can just buy the rights as long as it’s not for similar things?

I’m sure there’s a number NBC can offer fox for the song that is both significant and minuscule on a 2.5b deal.

Since the official lyrics are property of SNL they can just use that version maybe.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
John Tesh licenses the music to whoever wants it. I know NBC uses it for Olympic basketball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most important thing is that we got roundball rock highlights over regular season northwestern-nebraska games

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

FlamingLiberal posted:

They gutted TNT/TBS besides sports. If they lose sports they might as well just shut those networks down.

Seinfeld and Law & Order reruns and LOTR marathons are more than enough to sustain a cable channel

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NBC is only going to buy the rights to the NBA and Roundball Rock once they've confirmed that the Bulls are BACK

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Seinfeld and Law & Order reruns and LOTR marathons are more than enough to sustain a cable channel
Or people can just subscribe to Peacock

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joking aside, they lost the syndication rights to both those shows years ago. They haven't had Law & Order since 2019, and Seinfeld moved to Comedy Central on Cable/Netflix for streaming back in 2021.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Take the MTV path and run Impractical Jokers for all but eight hours of the week.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Tony Khan gonna need to book 3 more hours a week with a broken freakin neck then.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Tony Khan sells a Meltzer driver at the NFL Draft, compares himself to Pepsi & WWE to Harvey Weinstein on the NFL Network and Patrick Mahomes gives his Super Bowl rings to Logan Paul as part of a assault on Jey Uso.

This sounds straight out of Mad Libs but this has all happened in the last week. We are now living in interesting times

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Zaslav after gutting movies and tv is moving to sports.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1785424389967597922

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Inside the NBA on NBC preceded with Roundball Rock is something I could definitely live with.

Please not Amazon.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

Inside the NBA on NBC preceded with Roundball Rock is something I could definitely live with.

Please not Amazon.

If its NBC it'll mostly be on peacock

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

If its NBC it'll mostly be on peacock
Well...I know that!

If NBC gets the rights I'm holding off on how I feel about it until we see what or how much they put behind the Peacock streaming paywall.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
In relation to the thread title, Comcast pulled the Bally Sports channels yesterday. Apparently, part of the issue is Comcast wants to move it to a higher cable tier, although if you try to go to one of the channels, it displays a message right now that starts off with "The owner of Bally Sports is in bankruptcy proceedings".

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I hope the fight between Comcast and Bailey's ends in mutual destruction.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lockback posted:

I'm just glad it started the day after the Panthers-Lightning series ended.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Round Mound of Roundball Rock

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lockback posted:

Why the Irish cream liqueur hate?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why the Irish cream liqueur hate?

That was an autocorrect but also I'm lactose intolerant and a fan of cocktails so Bailey's can go too

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

fartknocker posted:

I'm just glad it started the day after the Panthers-Lightning series ended.

Wouldn't that just mean you'd just catch the national feed instead?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agwrbo0Vbrc

I was looking up old NBA on NBC intros. We all love Roundball Rock...but this intro also uses the loving Terminator 2 theme! We need to use that more!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe instead of showing a whole basketball game nbc can show highlights after a human interest piece interview with a player.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SBJ/status/1786125145880326314

not really surprised, he is a turner lifer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

It's not inconcievable that he could do the once-a-week NBA schedule that's he's doing now, along with his other Turner stuff. I imagine it would be dependent on who gets the rights and where the studio show is filmed from, NBC is probably New York or LA, Amazon might be more open to staying in Atlanta if they want the whole Inside crew.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

What would Ernie do for TNT if they don't have the NBA?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

Ernie Johnson is #AllElite

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lockback posted:

Pivot to hockey

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lockback posted:

MLB, Golf stuff, NCAA Tournament. He's got enough cache to call his shot basically.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
He does MLB stuff already so probably more of it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

Ernie Johnson is #AllElite

It wouldn't be official until we get the "Evil Uno is now coworkers with..." tweet as well

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/dpshow/status/1786414796503478575?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

https://theathletic.com/5470044/2024/05/03/nfl-total-access-canceled-michael-irvin/

Michael Irvin out at NFL Network; NFL Total Access is ending; GMFB moving to LA with only 1/4 current hosts having committed to the new location