Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007
I've always imagined American promotion-relegation being done on a regional basis--say have your top two divisions split along East-West lines, promote the 2nd Division East/West winners and relegate the bottom of 1st Division East/West. Maybe even extend it another division or two and split it into four regions, with E1 and E2 winners playing to move up. Only way it could work IMO.

AceFace905 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

Akileese posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrlqL2vmGA

I feel like I really need to start watching Keith Olbermann's show now.
It's basically the same format he had for Countdown--complete with Worst Person in the (Sports) World--but without the countdown format. It's so much more watchable (and I generally agreed with Olbermann's MSNBC rants). Tennis is throwing the broadcast schedule off though; usually the live broadcast is at 11 with a rebroadcast immediately afterward, but the last couple nights it's been shuffled over to ESPNNews. My DVR is turning into Olbermann Roulette, trying to figure out which of the five recordings labeled "Olbermann" is actually Keith :v:

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

MourningView posted:

Reece Davis is extremely good at his job and deserves a lot better than what they've saddled him with. In general I think college football is the thing ESPN handles the best (and they're much better at it than any of their competitors), but May and Holtz are probably the worst parts of it.
In The System College Gameday is basically presented as the best thing about college football (that and the rise of Ziggy Ansah), and a lot of the credit goes to how good Rece Davis is at his job.

AceFace905 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 3, 2013

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

MourningView posted:

He's not on college gameday so that's pretty impressive! I assume they were talking about Chris Fowler, who is also really good at his job.
My bad :v:

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Up here between Weirton/Steubenville and Wheeling we get all the Pittsburgh channels but while Root Sports and PCNC are in the actual cable listings, all the network stations are back in the 190s and 200s. Odd considering for years you could pick up Steubenville's WTOV-9 in Pittsburgh on channel 9.

Huntington is really weird too. Maybe it was just the hotel we stayed at, but we got Root Sports but not Cincy or Columbus, which it's closer to.
Might be the hotel, I lived there for years and basic cable had FSN Pitt and Ohio. But obviously it's been a while since I checked if I'm calling it FSN Pittsburgh :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007
WGN and Harry Caray are why I will visit Wrigley Field at some point before I drop dead. Shame to hear :smith: