Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

FuzzySkinner posted:

What's SAS consensus on Little League World Series coverage?

I personally find it really obnoxious and annoying.

I recall once being really annoyed it once overshadowed the opening week of college football once.

If Gary Thorne is calling it, I am watching it no matter what sport it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

MLB did the same thing 2 years ago to the Yankees and Mets by not allowing them to wear NYPD/FDNY caps 10 years after 9/11, and Olbermann ripped them a new rear end in a top hat then as well.

That's a big reason why the camo and America gently caress yeah caps are pretty nauseating to me.

E: Figures that I type that before watching the video.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 18, 2013

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

I miss him doing hockey, but does Gary Thorne ever do football? I know he does baseball and Little League

He's done a few college bowl games for ESPN. Probably the most notable one was the '05 Capital One Bowl with Iowa's last second TD.

And I miss the hell out of him calling hockey, even though I love Doc.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Mornacale posted:

ESPN can never regain my favor until they put roller beach hockey back on at midnight on ESPN2

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

it's blacked out in the Indianapolis area entirely, yes

The Brickyard 400 used to be as well before NBC began covering it in the early 2000s. Didn't hurt attendance at all once the blackout was lifted, and attendance only plummeted after the 2008 shitfest.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

Flea Market Flip, Living Alaska, and Flippin’ RVs

these sound awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

drag racing commentator Steve Evans once heard of a woman's hair catching on fire at an event and offered money to have her run down the track

RIP Steve

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 16, 2019