Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Crazy Ted posted:

Fox Sports 2 shows Aussie Rules Football. It is now the only channel I need.

gently caress yeaaaah, love me some AFL.

They just need a channel dedicated to all codes of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Groucho Marxist posted:

That's why people hate him? Well now Gus Johnson as a soccer announcer rules.

I mute the television every time Gus Johnson commentates on a Champions League game because he is so utterly poo poo at it. I get that it's his thing to raise his voice at every single thing but his style of commentating doesn't work for football at all.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

MourningView posted:

No, it's actually really awesome for football, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTV-uUkXTbw

So if I wanted to be a fantastic commentator all I need to do is orgasm every time an exciting thing happens? For moments like that it is warranted, it was an amazing catch and an improbable circumstance but having the same loving reaction to what should be regarded as a relatively mundane thing gets annoying.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Groucho Marxist posted:

He also has some superpower where the craziest poo poo always happens to the games he calls.

You plebeians and your sports where things happen.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

MourningView posted:

maybe y'all should get a goddamn job instead of watching curling all day

Tell that to me when I'm in my office watching the olympics because I own at my job. :smuggo:

I also can be seen in our break room with the 10-20 other non-american born football fans watching the champions league, it's uh, gotten so bad that management pretty much sent out an email begging us to not make so much noise so that the Americans in the office don't get mad jealous that we're watching football during work hours lol.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Wasn't there a guy on tosh.0 who had pretty terrible sports commentary so he did a web redemption and pulls out "Easy, breezy cover girl." out of no where and Gus Johnson is so taken aback he just stares at him for a few seconds.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Gus Johnson is terrible at football. He just reminds me of a shittier, more banal version of Ray Hudson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgk04dtId7Y

He's so over the top I just can't help but love him. Plus it helps he's a Geordie.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Yeah, he was VERY terrible for the Fedor vs Rogers fight. He kept trying to make it into a human interest story about Rogers instead of just calling the loving fight.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
I suggest you all watch a European broadcast of the NFL sometime, it is loving hilarious the amount of punditry during games. It seriously made me miss commercials.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it's mostly that people with decent opinions on sports generally don't seem to listen to sports talk radio, so the ratings are largely driven by the morons who think like Mark Madden.

This is a bit rich coming from you of all people. You have no decent opinions and you dont listen to sports radio. In fact I think internet nerds in general have the worst sports opinions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would venture to guess there's a significantly large overlap in the internet sports chat trolls and sports talk radio callers venn diagram.

You having a go m8?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

MourningView posted:

are you seriously white knighting sports talk radio

No. I just dont like sportsgenius86.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Fine for content:

Sports radio is actually only good for listening to fans whinge about how shite their team is. I don't think sports radio is inherently wrong or bad. In fact one of the best radio shows in general is the Dan Patrick show. Always funny, always relevant and always willing to talk on more than the token talking points.