Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are they actually owning the restaurant, or just getting paid to use their name? The latter is pretty much the only smart option. Although Ditka has a few restaurants in the Chicagoland area that seem to do well. Normal steakhouse, general American food kind of places.
In Kornheiser's case, they actually bought the bar/restaurant and they've changed the name from Chad's (formerly Chadwick's) to Chatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeah, I was listening to that episode and thought the quote sounded strange.

Didn't bother to look it up thought. Kornheiser you lying liar!!!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

T___A posted:

Is that even legal?
In most situations, yes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Countdown until all the on camera talent at ESPN are leggy blondes...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I heard that his wife was actually on her way to trade in their 2003 Lexus SC convertible for a 2017 CT HatchBACKBACKBACKBACKBACK

e: RUMBLIN BUMBLIN CRUMPLIN
I'm chuckled

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

euphronius posted:

It's on in the gym locker room.
Those aren't counted by Nielsen though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

I'd be pissed if I was Tirico. That's some bullshit.
He's not gonna get SNF as long as Al Michaels is around.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

I was mad when he went to NBC because I felt the Tirico/Brown combination was the greatest NBA broadcast duo, and he's basically gone completely from all tennis coverage now too.
Umm Tirico was trash garbage on tennis coverage and I say that as someone who watches like 100 hours of ESPN's coverage of each slam.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Benne posted:

Tirico is also Bob Costas' successor -- he's already taking over the Olympic desk starting with next year's winter games. NBC clearly has big plans for him.

I'm sure he won't complain about slumming it on TNF for a year or two if he gets to be the face of the network in the near future.
I wonder if Tirico thinks, like many, that the NFL has peaked.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tbf it sounds like someone with those views would raise kids like that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Good. I hate Bill Simmons with the fury of a thousand suns.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Between this and Megyn Kelly, I feel like NBC is being sabotaged from the top.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

She's the new Erin Andrews?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Comparing ESPN to BBC coverage of Wimbledon, play-by-play announcers are so loving overrated trash.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was watching US Open tennis.

Because gently caress da Pats

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A journalistic organization that ran this segment for years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JUAYHRK3k&t=17s

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Because the companies are structured similarly with significant overlap, a merger could result in millions in cost-saving cuts that could enhance the bottom line. Learfield and IMG College each employ close to 1,000 people."

Welp, looking like 500 people are gonna need to find a new job.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sports journalism is the biggest scam. The Niners scored 2 fewer offensive points aka the same, but is anyone talking about how their offense is "legit"? :rolleyes:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't ever watched her. Why do we like Katie Nolan?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

She's smart and funny and, like most of the good sports pundits, understands that sports are ridiculous.

On the down side, she is from Boston.
So... female Bill Simmons?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Might as well give her the 6pm Sportscenter slot

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wilbon was not surprised

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tuned into ESPN for 6pm Sportscenter.

Matt Barrie's college Republican face on the screen.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is especially stupid because the only people whining about her Trump comments are literal white supremacists.
Now now, there are valid opinions on both sides.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

$400m is nothing though

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BasicFunk posted:

I hate that Uncle Tom mothefucker.
He makes Uncle Tom look like Malcom X

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

if al gets fired over that i’ll hate the internet so much
Looks like someone doesn't care about women assaulted by Harvey Weinstein! Anyone who mentions his name and does anything but condemn his actions in the same breath should be fired!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

YoutubeTV cancelled Tennis Channel and only gave users 3 hours notice. All recorded content was also removed. Rumors are Sinclair, which owns Tennis Channel and the Fox Sports networks, is going to launch their own streaming service next year.

Considering live news and sports are the main reason why people subscribe to streaming package, I feel like the TV landscape is just going to get worse.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is Stephen A. Smith still popular? Seems like ESPN is living in 2012.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Other than money, why would Rinaldi move to Fox? Does he think he's going to become their Jimmy Roberts or something?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

Oh yeah the event format itself doesn't help but this also smacks so hard of NBC doing that thing they do in the Olympics where they'd rather tell sob stories than show the actual events and the athletes themselves.
I constantly rail against the human interest stories in their Olympics coverage but apparently a lot of the viewing audience actually like them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

the former cbs all access announced some more soccer rights

https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1364703751861280768
Isn't Premiere League going to Peacock?