Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MourningView posted:

I think I read the favorite is sean mcdonough, which I object to only because I think he's the best football play by play guy currently working anywhere and I'd much rather have him calling college games. Beyond that I have a hard time believing it's a change that is going to upset that many people.

Gruden is the star of the MNF booth anyway, even though his appeal is completely lost on me.

He is wacky and being a former coach has just enough knowledge to trick you into thinking what he says has any meaning. It's not hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I will never get calling people you have never seen talk out of heavily scripted scenarios smug.

Unless it turns out you know Kenny, which is possible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You made a good choice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is a passion play

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bill has hot takes, but they all involve trades.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Stephen A also made a really good point about NFL players and the anthem today
https://twitter.com/TerryLee__/status/776091711147679744

We've suddenly travelled into some bizarro world.

I like how the girl is desperately trying to end the segment.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

That's not even some like, mind-blowing secret, didn't John McCain shame the NFL into giving that money back?

They seem to start talking about that too before they get cut off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is it possible to determine how many actual people said "nice, imma watch the Belk Bowl" vs waiting rooms, bars, TVs left on, etc

I don't think they care, as it doesn't matter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He is also on record saying that an earlier riot made him hate black people but he claimed he got better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Anytime anything fails people will rush to say that it's the fault of thing they personally disagree with.

Example, the election.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Simplex posted:

Although they don't really talk politics much, if ever, the politics of guys like Bomani, LeBatard, and Kanell are pretty easy to guess if you listened to their shows for more than 15 minutes. I think it's pretty clearly a case of correlation not causation, but two of those guys are sticking around and one is not, so the politics argument is not completely unsubstantiated.

It's unsubstantiated if your proof is two random guys Vs cherry picking one dude out of 80

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Players protesting has nothing to do with the Browns being good or not, so uh what.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

I laughed, but that's definitely not a 'national broadcast' type of joke.

It's not even a very good joke.

It's lame and tasteless a poor combo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Some guy went on a shooting spree during a madden tournament that was streaming.

Apparently you get to see the moment right before someone dies. Like the stream cuts out the second before he is shot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dutchy posted:

I think he means the part about esports being primarily dudes who shoot people

Oh yeah I glossed over that. That’s a weird take

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol that Smith made a good point about the IP conflict, what a world

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

EmotionlessThug posted:

Maybe I'm just being cynical but I think he was trying to say "the HK conflict should be a sacred cow like Palestine so that everyone's scared to criticize China over it" not "while we're talking about HK let's also all go and join Gaza aid flotillas"

lmfao

Oh that is definitely what he means but the fact he even brought it up is something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Basticle posted:

man, what

Maybe he’s anti HK I dunno

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I honestly can’t tell if that is sarcasm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

drat he fuckin trucked her and danielson straight up doesn’t react

He seems to not understand what’s happening despite watching a reply focused on what happened

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lamar Jackson, the first black player to try a play action pass

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Let whoever is hot on nick host it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

I'm not going to search for it, but I vaguely remember there was some kind of predatory scandal there and stuff got cleaned up after that.

I’m not sure what this has to do with my post.

Did they stop airing kids shows

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I prefer him having to constantly being reminded of whose playing and just make up simple knicknames to mask he has no idea what their names are

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lockback posted:

Was it at all entertaining or was it just something happening on TV?

A lot of people may have been watching for a tech failure

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Did anyone miss Greenberg? He was the definition of bland

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

BWV posted:

I think for a lot of ESPN execs the radio shows should just be there to promote ESPN-related content and generate the occasional talking point for the TV shows to pick up on (Mort said X player isn't in his top 5!?). The ideal version of that is Mike/Wingo and Mike/Golic which is basically a 3 hour infomercial selling you ESPN. Obviously the Lebatard Show does not always (or regularly) mesh with this prerogative (which is precisely why it's good).

I mean I don’t see why it has to be Greenberg in particular but Mike & Mike had a clear hook player and none player contrasting each other

I don’t know if that’s still relevant all these years later

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think the biggest problem is Tom Brady is just boring. Even being a Star in the age of the internet Tom is still basically white noise as a person

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Brett Favre does seem like a good choice. Has some name recognition, has an on the field narrative to run with and can just ignore his off the field poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Being popular for a bit of time doesn’t really matter. MJ is still basically as popular as he was the same can not be said of characters like Lance who were more a passing fad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

Jordan absolutely is not as popular today as he was in the 90s.

Nah he is, his name basically still has a reverence you don’t see often for better or worse. He is not popular in the same way but it hasn’t really slacked any like Lance or Tiger

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean an effective vaccine won’t be out for a long, long time unless you decide skipping trials is a great idea

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can understand doing a last dance for Tom, but 9 parts? Not even his fans will sit through that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I feel like the goggly eyes is a bit much

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

See now that would be fun.

This honestly feels lazy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There was a report they were going to give up and pursue like 2032 but as of now they have denied it and are still preparing for it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Isn’t that what happened.

I don’t get what your going for here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

General Dog posted:

What was the racist belief espoused? It seems she was expressing frustration with and questioning the motivations of her bosses, not with her coworkers. The idea that ESPN management might do dumb things doesn’t seem inherently racist or especially controversial.

But she never seems to think her eventual success isn’t the result of the same process. Her hard work just got her there despite not thinking highly of the higher ups

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WOJ trying to help in the dorkiest way possible.

Good for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This seems to be the same thing he already said.

Shittt rear end covering