Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dutchy posted:

I still don't like Nantz for the most part but going froms Simms to Romo really did a lot for him, he at least sounds alive now

A GOOD color guy does wonders. Madden, Gruden, and Vermeil all come to mind in that area.

This sounds funny but I noticed this weird decline when Gary Danielson and Brent Musburger split in 05 or so. I have no idea why but when they were paired with different partners? It felt off.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of the bad teams are really just bad color guys. Breen is great and Tessitore is pretty good. Harlan is the best in the business but on the NBA he gets saddled with Reggie Miller at the very least.

I always loved Sean McDonough and Spielman but they aren't paired together anymore.

I think this is rather fair.

I feel bad including the NASCAR on FOX crew for example because Mike Joy is a tremendously talented broadcaster. But Fox and them telling Darrell Waltrip to "Redneck it up" does them no favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/1136450316428353536

This is why I hate this crew.

This isn't even a fun anecdote like Bill Walton being his bad rear end self. I would actually LOVE that.

....Not to mention? This is DURING THE NBA FINALS. This isn't some guy cracking jokes during a regular season game between the Memphis Grizzlies and San Antonio Spurs.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Have Doris do play by play for ABC, not the random internet feed

Doris is criminally underused and it's really a joke ESPN -DOESN'T- have her doing color.

I've met people that are traditionally right wing politically that have said she's incredibly knowledgeable about the game and deserves the promotion

Especially with how BAD Van Gundy and Jackson are? It's a joke.