Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Joe Buck ruins football games. I know this isn't really a controversial statement but he sucks the life out of the most exciting plays and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think I'm in the minority in that I like collinsworth's commentary a lot but I feel like Mike tirico is not going to be a good match with him. Yeah he knows his stuff but al Michaels comes across a bit more good-natured and maybe makes collinsworth a bit more palatable just by being there. Tirico doesn't have that quality; I feel like gruden basically trampled him in the booth. An unchecked collinsworth might be a bit too technical/haughty for your average viewer.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Last nights game completely sucked poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Greg cote kept saying "peanuts" during his back in my day segment today but it sounded like he was saying "penis". It was pretty funny, good radio IMO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He doesn’t get the show

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah. I get that some people want to use sports as an escape from how hosed everything is but it just can’t be that any more, not when the president is injecting himself into sports to throw meat to his bumblefuck base

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I’m sure this is all tied to subscription numbers or whatever but the show didnt get as popular as it has by “sticking to sports”

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
They’re running out of personalities because they keep deciding not to renew their contracts! Nothing this company is doing makes any sense to me!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I kind of stopped listening to lebatard during the start of the pandemic. Just isn’t the same without everyone instudio

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like jim nantz also but Ian eagle is definitely my favorite football announcer at the moment and I would love to see him paired with romo.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like baseball better on the radio even if mike Shannon has alcoholism and dementia.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bill simmons made too much money.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Choosing to pretend that’s a grid of death punishment.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
ESPN’s studio basketball coverage has been really minimal and bad during the playoffs at minimum, I’m curious if they are slashing those segments down partially due to this

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That article is definitely required reading and the only positive takeaways from it are that I have a better opinion of woj and Jalen now.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Rachel Nichols does not come across like she actually likes basketball. She is definitely good at what she does I guess. I don’t have an opinion of Maria Taylor one way or another but espns basketball coverage is wretched especially when you put it next to TNT.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Probably the most important takeaway is that espn loving sucks, which we all already knew

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Can she replace her permanently

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Mark wahlberg?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
People aren’t tuning in for anything they’re doing but live sports and First Take. Stephen A is gonna have a job there until either he gets bored of raking in money hand over fist or strokes out with his final word being “blueberries” as a single crab Rangoon slips from his hand.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
On the bright side I’m sure the thousands of shrugging dipshits saying “well he’s the best at what he does!!!” as a defense of SAS and his ilk are totally gonna stop defending him now

And also on a somewhat related note I am glad Dan Lebatard can’t cut to first take sound any more. Has made the show slightly more listenable

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I thought Malika did a great job especially considered she was thrown on the assignment with basically zero notice. ESPN’s studio show is so terrible in general so I’d be excited to see what some fresh blood would do to help.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It’s been a rough year and half for everyone okay.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Not really. They have been actively bad since like 2016, this most recent season they were just mediocre so possibly on the upswing going forward. Javy Baez strikes out a ton and Detroit is desperate to get back into contention

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That’s why I like listening to it on the radio. It helps that I live in the market for the team I like but still.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I hate sticking up for way too sensitive keben but hot take media sucks butt and should be treated like the embarrassment it is

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bos podcast has been absolutely unbearable lately but generally he’s really great

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
She got banned from GBS too.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Any team outside of GSW/LAL/NYK/BOS doesn’t exist as anything more than an irritating speed bump to espn. Nothing else matters to them, why would they make the effort to get any of that stuff right?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It’s an acquired taste. I was super into it for a while but fell off around the time they left espn. Some of the two main hosts bad tics and impulses have gotten waaaaay worse since they moved to a web only format.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That sucks but it didn’t feel like a great fit from what I saw on socials etc. the pod is still really good when he’s not hitting the usual espn focuses

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My main bball pods are Suns specific but Dunc’d On seems pretty good, I just started listening to that. Idk I feel like a lot of the nba podcasters are more interested in basketball as a spreadsheet than an actual thing to watch and analyze and that poo poo bores me. Maybe I just jumped in on an ep of Dunc’d that isn’t like that so hopefully I’m not barking up the wrong tree there

But if you decide you just want suns info The Timeline is really good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I will take this latest opportunity to once again mention that I have Dick Vitales autograph on a Hooters poster.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Wow he really trampled Dan there didn’t even leave room for a sober plaintive “but stugotz…….”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

mcmagic posted:

Why does LeBatard have like 15 people in the studio with him?

That’s become his whole thing. It’s gotten to the point of being unlistenable at times