Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Vertical Lime posted:

that rumored nfl streaming service became official

https://twitter.com/NFLMedia/status/1551554190006054912

Of note, this is phone and tablet only. No tv app, no streaming to TVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
So...I work for DSG and nobody is telling us anything! We'll see what happens in mid-February I guess.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
FWIW, the Fox RSNs were kicked off Dish before Sinclair bought them.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
What gets lost in the "why doesn't the league just start its own network" is that the leagues will then have to produce the games, which they don't want to do.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002

ScooterMcTiny posted:

MLS’ deal with Apple is an interesting testing ground for this. I wonder if any of the other leagues (well I guess just MLB and the NBA) will look at that over the next couple years and think they could also take it on with a single production partner.

MLS is set up differently because most of the teams were already doing their own production. Soccer is a relative low cost production vs MLB/NBA/NHL. The MLS game quantity is way less too.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Good thing I'm out of the office next week (for a job interview)!

https://twitter.com/novy_williams/status/1624158439118344192?s=20

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002

LionYeti posted:

Everyone is saying in the NBA about how the new broadcast deal is going to inject a ton of money into the league but I'm wondering if it actually will, the only place I think of that might be desperate enough to pay huge would be NBC as they don't have a weekly crown jewel thing. If NBC Sports still existed, I'd be more inclined to think so.

Sunday Night Football is a weekly crown jewel thing NBC has.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002

i said "holy poo poo" when i saw that, also RIP nexstar

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002

Mike_V posted:

I'm still not sure why someone like Byron Allen hasn't bought the broadcast rights to HBCU athletics and tried to roll a bunch of stuff up into a Black Culture type streamer

This is exactly what the Grio is.

https://thegrio.com/about/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002

the indiana salesforce