Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The Prisoner posted:

Well, at least until they actually start doing it and you see "Favorite Band: Nickelback" or some poo poo 18 times in a row.

I was watching it at a sports bar over the weekend and it said some kid's favorite movie was 42. I didn't believe it. The next kid up had Predator. That's my boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Fuel became FS2, I believe.

Yep, same tiering and everything for most cable networks (read: if you don't pay for the super-sports package, you probably don't get it).

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

warheadr posted:

I don't know a whole huge ton about overnights ratings/calculations, even after working in TV for a few years. But I DO know you really don't want a 0.0.

It happens: http://deadspin.com/espn-news-and-nba-tv-both-aired-shows-two-weeks-ago-tha-452317414

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

zakharov posted:

*Jaws music plays*

Thank you baby Jesus for letting MLB.tv not be blacked out by Fox next year.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

axeil posted:

Wait really? There's not going to be any blackouts on MLB.tv next year? Please tell me this is true.

Blackouts, yes, no national blackouts on Saturday afternoon, though.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hockles posted:

Why NBC Sports is not airing the Olympics 24/7 is beyond me. Live or tape delay, I don't care. I shouldn't turn there and see Shark Hunters or auto auctions marathons.

My guess is that since NBCSN didn't exist when they secured the rights for these Olympics, there are limits to what they can show? I don't know. Spitballin'.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Anybody investigated 120 Sports at all? Here's a sample video: http://www.120sports.com/video/v82270974/kobe-the-recruiter

Not a strong look having Ovie Mughelli comment on basketball, but they've hired a bunch of analysts, apparently.

One of the radio guys here (Laurence Holmes) that I enjoy pimps it some, so I assume he does work on it, but other than that, this is the first I've heard of it. I thought it was a more local thing because he's literally the only person I've seen post about it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

FuzzySkinner posted:

So, I guess now.nfl.com is going to be a thing.

Do you think this will be anything worth a drat?

NFL does most of their online media stuff through MLBAM, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Those Patrick/Olbermann, Eisen/Scott Sportscenters were a cultural touchstone. Any of those last three will just crush me.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

sitting through 45 minutes of sportscenter to see a 30 second Cubs highlight

If they showed anything at all past the box score. THE WORST DAYS.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did anyone see ESPN trying to promote/push "Cricket" the other day?

I don't see how they figure there's going to be an audience for this. This is not to say that there isn't, and that the game itself isn't perhaps interesting if you're a fan. But I kind of fail to see how it would be unappealing to not only Americans...but to even countries like Canada or other countries as well.

I understand why Soccer has a global appeal, and why it gets coverage. The game is very much translatable, and in fact a global phenomena. Stuff like the Premier League, World Cup, and UEFA? Definitely worthy of being promoted, and of being followed by anyone.

Cricket? I just don't see it being a "thing" over here.

ESPN3 has a cricket package, that's why they were suddenly making everyone aware of it.

Also, cricket is awesome. Everyone should watch cricket.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
In "poo poo only Chicago people care about", the Bulls and Sox are moving radio broadcasts to AM 890 (huh), and supposedly the Cubs are going to the Score as a result, which...the Cubs on the Score is just loving bizarre, right?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
http://deadspin.com/the-pitcher-who-couldnt-lose-1736262596

A Good Article about Bronson Arroyo.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Crazy Ted posted:

Calling the Monday Night Football opener in 2022 will be the new SPORT-BOT 9000, live in-studio featuring the digitized voice of Keith Jackson.

Unironically into this if it gets us Vin Scully.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MikeCrotch posted:

Man, is there any other team on the planet that their one MOMENT OF GLORY more than the Bears? Talking to Liverpool fans comes close but at least they won a bunch of stuff back in the day, not just one title.

'72 Dolphins?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Crazy Ted posted:

Sorry but the only food I think of when seeing Stephen A. Smith is CHEEZ DOODLES

Crab rangoon.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Steve Howe? 80s baseball? Cocaine? 30 for 30 on the Bees, please. http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/09/16/bad-news-bees-san-jose-mike-norris-steve-howe

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

fishing with the fam posted:

Any other Chicago listeners confused by whatever the gently caress 670 the score is doing?

Confused isn't the word - giving an old white dude his four hundredth chance over a black man is pretty status quo for any industry on Earth.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re on AM radio?

I imagine all the major metro teams are, because their broadcast range is incredible. WGN radio helped the Cubs reach as far as they did - I could listen to them in northern WI on vacation. And you could supposedly hear them in FL and CO on good nights.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

please do yourself a solid and Do Not Read The Replies(tm)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

fartknocker posted:

No Sexy Rexy, not interested.

*extremely Jeff Joniak and Tom Thayer screaming together voice* MIKE BROWN

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

Saddam Hussein is determined to get his hands on a nuclear bomb. He is so determined that he has made repeated covert attempts to acquire high-specification aluminum tubes from 11 different countries, even after inspections resumed, as there's a drive into deep left field.

I'm loving it

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only good sports radio program in chicago was the doug and ob show after a brutal primetime bears loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwj5R1JUT8

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Akileese posted:

I wonder if Comcast just cuts out the middle man and buys WWE eventually. It would be cheaper than constantly having to pay rights fees in the long run.

SAG-AFTRA just smiled and they don't know why.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

May you have the confidence of a mediocre white man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DJExile posted:

hashtag synergy

People really seemed to like that Nickelodeon broadcast, how can we gently caress that up???