Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Incentive to take the stairs every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Simmons crashes and burns, so this is great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wow, this came out of the blue.

Did they say what happened?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

I love Kornheiser but I'm sick of Wilbon. See: his article that black people don't care about analytics.

WIlbon is bad now and everytime he says "slurpin'" it grosses me out. And he says it all the time now. "Oh everyone is slurpin' on him!"

Yeah, I don't need you telling me how the media is sucking a guy's dick. Thanks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There aren't a lot of good matchups. But the way they broadcast the games is wearing thin on people. The touchdown/extra point/commercial/kickoff/commercial thing is terrible to sit through. Being locked into games that devolve into boring flagfests and not switching to other ones hurts too.

I can't remember the last time the networks cut away from a lopsided or boring game to a more exciting one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Double post. Weird!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All I know is that I want to see more Australian Rules Football on TV at a time I can watch instead of like 4am.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DJExile posted:

Yeah you can tell it caught O'Brien really off guard.

I have a color commentator for a lot of hockey games I call that drops weird poo poo like that to me every once in a while. At one point we were calling a high school game and he talked about knowing one kid's family, and said something to the effect of

"His sister was also a [school] grad and just got married!"
Me; "Oh that's great! congratulations to them"
Him: "Yeah, sure hope it ends better than her first marriage!"
Me: "..."

like, what the gently caress am I meant to say to that :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97E5raJpnG4

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The cover up is the most believable part of that story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She got suspended because of that?

That's loving insane.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I don't know where to put this, but it needs to be seen.

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/921048188726980608

Gandalf the Grey. That was what they called me. I am Gandalf the Wide.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who will be the brave soul that watches ESPN and tells us what they're actually talking about all day?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I doubt we'll see anything on Vince until after he dies. Very few people would be willing to speak up about stuff until then, but afterwards I think they'll feel more able to do so.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wrong thread!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol don't miss that video for the reaction of the lady who was called the name

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bomani is a charismatic guy but everytime I watched that show he came across so stiff and lifeless.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I opened the Max app for the first time in a while last night and hoo boy does it suck now. It's almost completely barebones and finding anything is a pain in the rear end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh my god this is great

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I think I'm a bit of an outlier but I've never loved Nantz. I also don't give two fucks about golf so I have no reverence for him being the voice of the masters or whatever either.

A TRADITION UNLIKE ANY OTHER

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skill competitions are the way to go. Just ditch the games entirely because nobody wants to get injured playing in them. Plus the skill stuff plays to the player's pride and competitive nature while having way less chance of injury

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now time for more old women's basketball players to poo poo on Caitlin Clark for being popular and bringing in viewers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Clark would have to have a Mortal Kombat-like injury or commit some low-grade terrorism to not be drafted first.

Even then the odds are still good in her favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

They gutted TNT/TBS besides sports. If they lose sports they might as well just shut those networks down.

Each Impractical Joker gets their own show