Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

sildenafil posted:

So who here runs the @awfulannouncing account? :colbert:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
God if it's Smoltz he'll never go away. At least you could probably force Verducci to duck out of the booth by lighting a match near his hair

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Badfinger posted:

I meant to ask how he's in the running for consideration. His stuff has never trended towards analysis, it's more reporting and public interest stuff.

Verducci's been doing color on MLB Network game broadcasts for the last year or so and I think even did some color work for FOX this year, he's definitely trying to get in a booth somewhere.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Crazy Ted posted:

They trashed the living poo poo out of E-Sports the other night so they're all okay by me.

I saw a clip of this, it was pretty embarrassing for everyone in the room. You can make fun of the e-sports crowd for a lot of things, but clumsily musing how many of the players go to Star Trek conventions just reveals how exceptionally old and/or whitebread you are

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
The more you actually examine most TV personalities, actors, and etc the more you realize that they are actually people, sometimes really cool people, and a lot of the problems you have with their work are the result of the dreaded Media Executive

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
"most"

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Crazy Ted posted:

No because if that was the case there'd be a paternity lawsuit.

The gently caress is this

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

MourningView posted:

A joke playing off how "drilled" can mean multiple things. Some people even use as slang for....*hushed tones* sex

Thanks for explaining the unfunny joke that had already been done once upthread, MorningView, but I was actually asking more about the paternity lawsuit part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

MourningView posted:

Well sex is where babies come from.

I don't think it was the world's funniest joke but it doesn't really seem worth making a stink about.

I just wanted to know if it was just a bad joke, or a bad joke and also a supposed ref to something previous about Pam Oliver

Robnoxious posted:

Keerist Crion,

You must be a blast in social settings.

I do alright for myself, though part of that has to do with not hanging out with dudes who tell really lovely jokes

Crion fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 15, 2014