Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Nolan and Beadle should be the hosts of Get Up. Greenberg and Rose are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Papi mispronouncing Pat Mahomes name is never going to get old.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

HQ was apparently filmed with no AC in the building and LeBatard is slowly deteriorating as the snow goes on.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Iger came back out of retirement to stay head of disney so his replacement doesn’t have to be the one labeled as the coronavirus failure. Iger is there now as just a figurehead to deflect criticism from his replacement. Easy to pin the billions of dollars in losses on the guy leaving.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Get Up and First Take are awful and they should ditch both. Lebatard show is fun because it doesn’t take itself seriously, and they should latch onto more shows like that. Not around the clock but they have way too many talking head shows that regurgitate the same poo poo every hour.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

How does one watch this? It’s not on actual tv anymore is it? The Lebatard show is just a dumb rotating graphic daily and I don’t understand why they don’t move that show to a daily zoom or webex to give people more to watch. All the other shows are so much worse and they all have live feeds from their homes.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The one thing FOX did better than the other networks with regards to golf coverage was they showed the most golf on TV. FOX would come on the air early and show almost the entire round. The other networks are stuck in their ancient licencing rights and have specific network start times that are so frustrating.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Timby posted:

Get Gary Thorne out of retirement.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ian Eagle is great, good for him. He's probably one of the hardest working and busiest broadcasters in the business. I can't find the story but a few years ago someone did a story on his weekly schedule and the number of flights he had to take to cover a bunch of different sporting events in a 7 day period and it was completely insane.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

DJExile posted:

Simone is a massive name, yes, but there is no way on the planet NBC would dump a mens major in a playoff. That's absolute bush league poo poo from NBC.

Lexi choked away a 5 stroke lead, NBC had an easy out. Bullshit? Yes.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I stopped watching ESPN almost entirely after LeBatard left. I tuned out of almost all TV after that except live sports.

Speaking of which, how does one watch them live now? Do they have a daily live show somewhere?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

So ESPN is going to be 8 hours of Greenberg, 8 hours of Smith, ATH and PTI full time?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Sterling is a treasure.

https://youtu.be/iIUr_RKzgkQ

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

So Greenberg is gonna do baseball now huh?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

ESPN should cut down to ESPN and ESPN2 and their problems are solved. They have content they probably don’t even know they have at this point.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Worked 4 to Midnight for many years, Somers was a great listen on my hour plus drive home. Always enjoyed him.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Fowler and Herbstreit should really be the full time MNF crew. So much better than the current lineup.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

His on air segments with Sean Salisbury were amazing too. Sean posted a really heartfelt IG post about Clayton, they were really close apparently.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

How is Jim Rome making that much money

Still riding that sweet sweet Chris Everett video for all it’s worth.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1546610992267812865

this is long but worth it for one of the best dumb claims I've heard from a sports radio jock in ages

Watching Don's face get as red as the ESPN logo behind him as he went on and on was amazing.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Stephen A should take a personal hygiene question every show and go off for 90 seconds. That was great.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Peak LeBatard was when it was at the Clevelander and it was Dan and Stu and the shipping container with a single open seat for a guest. And when he would send Chris Cote out to the ocean or they made Dan run down the road. There is just too loving much going on now.

Also, what the gently caress is up with ATH? Other than Plaschke and Blackistone who are these people? Not just today I’ve tried to watch it and the only time I enjoy it is when Emily Kaplan is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

RIP Chris Mortensen.

gently caress Cancer.