Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Vertical Lime posted:

Next year they split the baseball regular season rights with regular Fox (and will also probably air some playoff games). And starting in 2015 they get the rights to golf's US Open. There's something Gus can do

Have they specified yet how many games are going to FS1 and how many are going to be on Fox? Is FS1 getting just the Saturday games or do they get any weekday games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It's been a long time since I checked it, but doesn't NFL Network show scores with the audio from the radio broadcasts during the Sunday afternoon games?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Would Fox have any interest/ability to rebrand YES under the Fox Sports banner?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing against Pam Oliver, but I really could do without sideline reporters in general. I don't really think they bring much to the table, personally.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

DJExile posted:

Jim Nantz is the whitest motherfucker in broadcasting. Aikman and Simms basically never know what the gently caress. Buck is just boring and monotone as poo poo.

It's the CBS crew by a loving mile

The time I hate more is the one that is calling whatever game I'm currently watching. I'm praying sometime in the near future Burkhardt and Lynch get the top job on Fox.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahahaha this is amazing.

"YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES A JETS RECEIVER TO GET 157 YARDS????

THREE YEARS!"

I can't stand Francesa, and think his head is usually firmly up his rear end, but he really didn't say anything untrue here.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

AsInHowe posted:

Summerall was either really drunk or really hungover.

Pat Summerall was a legendary drunk who underwent a liver transplant about ten years before he died.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Curt Schilling can't get out of his own way:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/curt-schilling-is-now-sending-e-mails-to-writers-to-question-our-integrity.html

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/an-open-letter-to-curt-schilling-and-another-reply-from-him.html

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/mbzre

Just a reminder that Kenny Mayne is a treasure.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm surprised that none of the networks that broadcast baseball have an unwritten rules analyst.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

exploded mummy posted:

Shawn Michaels was also an egostistical pillhead that once had a match rebooked so he would beat a guy for a title in front of said guy's cancer stricken sister after the guy dedicated the match to her.

In the guy’s hometown, too.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What is ESPN going to talk about now that the Lebron deal is done, Baseball?

They’ll talk baseball if the Mets bring up Tim Tebow.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
TAke a look y’all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

"Is Butterbean okay?" might've been the hardest I've ever laughed in a movie theater.