Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Well, I decided to look at all my old characters. Bortalina was easy to fix, but the others, :psyduck:

List of things to unfuck if I ever get around to it:
1 Fighter/13 Rogue/6 Monk (Level numbers probably off somewhat, I made it a year ago and it wasn't finished) - Was originally going to be a strength-based quarterstaff build focused on cleaving. Now I have no idea what the gently caress.
2 Fighter/18 Cleric - Also not finished, but the free hearts will mean I have an opportunity to unfuck him, as he was a two-handed fighting battle cleric.
2 Monk/18 FvS - Half-elf with scimitars. Will probably just make it a casting FvS and be done with it.
20 Monk - Was going to be a wisdom based Shintao monk with assloads of AC. No idea how to go about this now. Probably not going all-in on Shintao anymore though, since the only things I liked in it were the DR bypasses and we're not locked into a single tree anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Now, all they need to do is make a level 28 version of the Robe of Shadows and I will be living in that graveyard for the duration of the event.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I never did get my level 24 robe anyway, so I still have to do that.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Brownview posted:

Hello goons. I'd like some advice on how to play a wizard. This is a first life character and I have zero experience with content higher level than Delera's so I'll be feeling my way through instances and don't have plat or equipment saved up.

I have leveled my guy to 10 and am still swinging a +1 screaming/bleeding greatsword and get the impression I should have transitioned to spell-slinging awhile ago. I keep hearing that the pale master tree is the way to go but the spell-like abilities of archmage seem appealing. Could anyone share what they would be doing with their wizard at this level, combat, enhancements and equipment-wise? If I should be crafting some equipment, would anyone be willing to help me out if they have an abundance of resources? Thanks!

It's simpler than you think it is. Slot in Firewall or Ice Storm, round up a bunch of enemies at once, and cast it. Watch them all die horribly. Firewall is probably the more effective of the two at that level. Make sure you have an item that boosts the spellpower of the element of the spell you're going to use, as well.

• Locked thread