Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfny
Aug 17, 2008
With the changes to character advancement in Shadowfell would it be worth trying this again if I was put off by how awkward/ungainly character advancement/building felt prior to the new expansion ? I have always found the way advancement/building works in DDO realy off putting for some reason and my returns to the game have not lasted all that long for this reason..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

With the changes to character advancement in Shadowfell would it be worth trying this again if I was put off by how awkward/ungainly character advancement/building felt prior to the new expansion ? I have always found the way advancement/building works in DDO realy off putting for some reason and my returns to the game have not lasted all that long for this reason..

Anyone have any thoughts on this or should I just redownload and try this again and see if it "clicks" with the recant changes ?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Well I get you didn't like character building before, but you're not really clear on why you didn't like it. What was awkward/ungainly? The UI? The mechanics? What part of the mechanics? I mean it's still using the same mechanics at the core. D&D style leveling up, so no mob grinding, not a lot of actual levels, feats, etc. Enhancements got a prettier UI and an overhaul of what each ability does, but it's still the same basic mechanic as before. Epic Destinies give you some good (albeit not unlimited) end game character advance, and added lots of new abilities that are pretty cool, but they're basically Enhancements for Epic Levels mechanically.

Problem is/was with handling of levelling ability's and a general feeling of awkwardness in leveling mechanics overall and burning out on the initial "old world" (Stormreach)content due to trying and failing to "get" the game so often, ive seen the first few days play of the tutorial and stormreach more times then I can count and id never want to see it again tbh.

I did come back for the last expansion and made a Artificer, but just kinda fizzled out.. again due to the already mentioned issues. I did like how I could skip the initial levels and such though with that, and it looks like they are doing the same with these new classes, but seems like id have to put some money down to actuly access them.

Going to reinstall anyway, and i think i may have some TP stashed away to get access to those classes..

mfny fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 22, 2013

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
When using the iconics with their preset paths all I have to manage manually is Enhancements I assume, skills,feats and stats are all taken care of for me based on the path as I level ?

Also, when did they change all the music, its a bit different to the usual fantasy stuff now, especially in taven.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone have some guidance as to what I should be doing Enhancments wise with the Shadar-kai Assassin Iconic with the One With the Shadows preset ? because while a fair amount of it looks fairy common sense, with 15 levels of points to spend in one go im kinda overwhelmed so just need a push in the right direction..

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Tried to jump in on an Assassin Iconic but it just didn't work out all that well so I guess I should do a character the normal/manual way.

Anyone have some guidance as to how to make a Ranger/Artificer that wont suck, from character creation to level 4/7 (Veteran) ?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Fenris13 posted:

For artificer you really wan't to be warforged, For starting stats, you have some wiggle room, but I really prefer 10str 16 dex con int, 6 wis cha as a 28 point build, as a 32 you can go 17 int and 11 str. For skills, max Disable device, search, UMD, repair, and then you can distribute extra points across open locks, spot, concentration, balance, and the 1 point in tumble you need. Feat selection - point blank shot at 1, rapid shot at 3, One of Quicken or Maximize at 4, the other at 6. Alternatively you can take Precice shot and precision at 4 and 6, if you are not interested in the SLA's from the enchantment line, You will want quicken by 8 though, to eventually quicken your repairs.

I dont like the look of Warforged so would Human work or something ? or anyone have similar advice to this for a Ranger ?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Game Version History:
Menace of the Underdark Collector's Edition
Stormreach Standard
Shadowfell Conspiracy CE

With the Above and the purchase of Ravenloft am I up to date expansion wise ?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Who do i contact in game for invite to guild ?

Edit: I'm lost with what i should do re enhancements on this shiny new Iconic Aasimar Level 15 Ranger I just made ...

mfny fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 25, 2017

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Ghosts! posted:

For a guild invite, just post your character name here and someone should mail you an invite.

This guide is pretty good if you want to make a ranged ranger:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/469213-quot-Strimtom-s-Acid-Arrow-quot-Maximum-Bow-DPS-F2P-new-player-Friendly

Unfortunately the starter gear for the Iconic Aasimar does not include a bow and i have no idea where id get one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Character name is: Leashya Kayne

• Locked thread