Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I played this 2 years ago, had a lv 20 Wiz, and I'm thinking of coming back. What's the major changes since then, and how much will it cost me to get the relevant packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Woden posted:

The loot now is kinda of generic and boring, everything is tiered or on its way to be that way. So get frost weapon that does 1d6 cold dmg at level one, and every 4 levels or so add an extra 1d6. Pretty much everything has or will move to this system, even stuff like keen(weapon crit profile), vorpal, deathblock and the like which don't make much sense were squeezed into it. Items with these new generic suffixes/affixes are also generally better than most named items ATM as with the change came a lot of power creep
Wow. Yeah I guess I'm not returning anyway, the cool loot was the thing I enjoyed the most :(

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Man, I haven't played this for like 3 years. I remember my biggest pet peeves being running around to buff yourself on the airship, the fact that I had to do raids a billion times to get anything, and the fact that my chosen class could only get good gear from a holiday event, of all things (Pale Master). How's the game nowadays?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

Two out of three of those issues are resolved, Ship buffs are now amazingly convenient, just one click for all the buffs, and they last 4 hours instead of 1, with the timer pausing outside of quests. Although the robe from mabar is still great for PM's, there are a couple good alternatives to it now, and the prestige changes overall made PM's even better than ever. As far as raid loot goes, that is still a massive massive time sink, 20-40 raid runs to get your raid loot is what is expected. Gotta sell those raid bypass timers.

God dammit. I guess I'll make a new guy and play this again. What's a cool solo dude you can make without being rich as hell? I don't wanna play a PM again unless they've been changed a lot.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Order of Tenbux seems really dead nowadays. Anyone here play in a more active guild, preferrably one with an ok euro population?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Anyone here got some gearing advice for low level WF Arti? Obviously the Blademark's Docent, but I don't remember any of the other good early game things.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is it worth it to buy one of the big DDO store tomes? I see they're on their last day of sale today, and the price is, to put it mildly, high. Is the +5 to all stats worth it, or is it something you should earn ingame?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Woden posted:

Mabar isn't far away, if it's anything like last years you should be able to pull 2-3 +5 tomes.

I thought there was an 1 tome per character limit for those?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Woden posted:

TRing reset that limit as did using any(I think) heart of wood, not sure if eTRs or +0 hearts will do as I used a +1 and just TRed back to level 1 to nab 3 tomes.

Oh drat, guess I should prepare for that!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Believe that's still just Khyber. Could maybe try Psychopathic Saints if you wanna stay on Argo though.

I tried to talk to those guys, but they don't seem to be recruiting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Welp, I think it's about time for my yearly return to this game, followed by quitting for unknown reasons. How's Artificer nowadays?

• Locked thread