Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Is slicing blow still garbage after all the many patches? Is toughness on everyone still a suggested thing? And with the exotic enhancement system is it feasible to make a single dagger stabby jerk type of rogue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Currently I'm hitting a bug where when I keep trying to make a character it keeps saying "UNKNOWN!" and won't let me log into them. No matter how many times I remake. This is irritating since I have champion status for the stats and start at level 4 as well and I really really would like to try a fresh character with the new enhancements. :sigh:

edit: I fixed it! I just had to totally close the game and re-open it after a reboot, works beautifully now and jesus christ I do not remember early classes being this fun or potent before. :psyduck:

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 20, 2013

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Woden posted:

Monks might be viable but a 12 fighter/6 monk/2 cleric can be centered with an eSoS, gets kensei crit buffs, ki strikes with eSoS, tactics DCs up the wazoo, cha mod to str, tons of feats, etc.

The free hp thing is like +5hp per 5 levels in a class, so you get them at arti level 5, 10, 15, 20. I didn't notice it either but then I didn't really look for it, it might have changed since the beta.

edit: also of note hearts of wood no longer reset 20th lists and instead will give you just normal vendor trash.

How do you stay centered when wielding a greatsword? I skimmed this again and it finally clicked and I kinda want a sword monk. :stare:

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Can...can you multi-class the iconic heroes? :stare:

Because I have the sickest idea for being a purple dragon knight multi-class.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
One thing I don't understand about the new spellpower system though, does it affect wands or other cast on use items? I have made two experimental characters that just stack percentage bonuses to wands and scrolls, and the only difference between one and the other is maximize spell and the class combination (2 wizard and 2 artificer VS 2 arti and 2 bard) and it seems like the first combination does -way- more damage with cold ray wands than the latter, despite the latter having more points in wand and scroll damage. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Is the game situation better on some servers than others? I play on Ghallanda and I have this unwelcome ghost town vibe. The only people I ever see playing are people who are going to stop at level 6 when the "Paywall" feeling kicks in, or people on their 8th life and are rushing through everything and get mad at your lowly first life having trouble keeping up.

Which is awful because I do sincerely like the game and want to keep playing it. :(

• Locked thread