Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

The new trees are cool. Lotta options. I might play a bit in between juggling like three other games. :v:

Also, any build suggestions for the new Iconics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Dev U19 builds, note that they're largely not power builds, but they're still some cool ideas.

The people that are getting angry over goofy flavor builds are hilarious. Never change, pubbies.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

So what you're saying is that archers are now legit and viable? Is that what I'm reading? :crossarms:

Because this deeply interests me and I may have to do a Ranger life next.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh I knew about Monkchers, they're neat and I am glad they work but I always had a thing for pure ranged rangers and I am hoping that, specifically, is what became truly viable.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I should clarify when I say 'pure ranged rangers' I don't mean 'pure rangers', I mean 'majority of levels in ranger to take the cool enhancements and is pure ranged' (i.e. no meleeing).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

God all these enhancements look (well, aside from FVS) fantastic and interesting. I don't get how pubbies could cry and whine on the forums. Looking at Barb enhancements now, I don't even know what I want to do. They all look good and fun.

Occult Slayer? Get hosed spell-caster scum. No fun allowed. :reject:

Frenzied Berserker? I cut me and then I cut you. :black101:

Ravager? Well I don't have anything cute for this one but it looks pseudo-tanky as poo poo and you want everyone to punch you.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ravager looks incredibly fun for non-raid stuff. Running around charging into the fray in dungeons and crippling everything by just existing near it.

e: Aura of Fear protects the party too. -2 to all ability scores means everything is doing less damage and has lower DCs.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 21, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

So, it seems that I can completely turn my unloved 20 Artificer into ~anything else I want~ courtesy of the +20 LR (though maybe not a tri-class build). I have zero plans on TRing the character and it was going to sit shelved forever, but this is a chance to make it into an alt I could actually bring to do things.

I'm not sure what to LR him into, though. He's a 32p Human, so I'm trying to think of some moderate to highly effective characters that don't rely on past lives. I considered sorc/wiz but I'm under the impression I'll need PLs if I want to ever dent EE with him. Or I can just not care about EE on him. I mostly just want a dude around that I can do L20+ content on on the side when I don't feel like playing my TR.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cool, thanks. I was fairly sure my options would be cleric or wizard. Some of my Arti's gear will translate well to Wizard too. How viable is AM these days, out of curiosity?

e: vvv Oh yeah I know I'll get from both, I meant the T5s. Thanks. Anoto said I could also go 18/2 wiz/rogue since I won't have tons of spell pen as it is. I might just go pure, however. I can also go Clonk, but I have a Cleric to level anyway.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 22, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Right, going pure wizard. Wasn't there a list of 'spells you should take because the scrolls are loving obnoxious to get'?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks, and one last question. I get 5 bonus wizard feats, 1 human and 7 from 1-20. Going to grab emp/max/quick/SF necro/GSF necro with bonuses. I grabbed IR, Heighten and Spell Pens with the other feats I've had available so far. That leaves 4 free feats. How is Mental Toughness these days now that it offers spell crit? And I guess I can pick up regular Toughness too, although it is far less 'required' given the enhancement changes. It is still basically +2 con though.

e: Skeletal Knight looks neat but I dunno if it'd be worth the investment compared to everything else available. Animate Ally looks kinda gimmicky but hilariously awesome at the same time. I'm not sure on Cloak of Night since it also reduces my incoming self healing.

e2: Okay so I can fill in some of my gear but I have a lot of empty slots and some garbage. Here's what I have:

Minos, Torin's Choker, T3 Spyglass, Vorne's Belt, Magewright's Cloak, 6 int ring, 6 str 25% fort ring, L8 robe of shadow. Goggles/gloves/boots/bracers are empty, as well as my offhand, but I guess I can stick my T1 swashbuckler in there for now for the +2 saves.

What are some easy to pick up things to fill in those slots, and replace the garbage stuff? I should have some Propulsion Boots on another character for that slot.

As for enhancements I'm not sure what to do, there's so many options. :ohdear: Obviously getting the Necro capstone and the suggested SLAs from Archmage.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 22, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I didn't feel monk had THAT many attacks. I mean, poo poo, my Artificer filled nine whole bars. My monk life filled maybe six and a half.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Woden posted:

I have 18 hotbars up on my juggernaut, had 13 on my rog life and 20 as a clonk. Having to manage too many cooldowns or having too many click to hit type abilities(smite, cleave, momentum swing, etc.) is just too much for my aging brain.

Screenshot your UI. I want to see how you manage this feat. Jesus.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 22, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Woden posted:

Forgot to edit out the random peoples names but this was what it was like as a clonk, too lazy to redo hotbars every time I swapped between EDs so there's a lot of redundant stuff(still have rocks from abbot there too :v:).

Melee + caster + multiple viable EDs = too many hotbars basically.

I would break my keyboard in half if I played like this. But I wouldn't play like that because I'd build myself around one ED+twists. I'm lazy in other ways.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

Do druids get the cool shapeshifting they get in everything else? And are monks still granting +wis to ac? And if both of these are true can I turn into a bear with wisdom ac?

My favorite build in NWN(The first one) was Monk1/Druid/Shifter 10. Gotta love turning into manticores with 50 ac.

I preferred turning into 100+ AC Rakshasa with unlimited max/emp ice storms, immunity to L7 and lower spells, absurd saves and SR.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am stuck and I don't know what to do for choices.

Do I drop the emp/max enhancements, change it to quicken and pick up imp. heighten? I could get imp heighten and keep what I have but I'd lose the +1 int from human. Do I have something in the trees that isn't really worth it that I can/should drop and move elsewhere?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I only see enhancements for +3 int when boost is used. I do have the spell power action boost though. What do you think of:

Drop the imp. metamagics and fire shield, pick up +3 int on boost, +10 universal spell power, and Arcane Bolt (another cheap SLA that gives zero fucks about SR and saves)?

It would look like this:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

They do. I can tell you this because I picked up an epic spare hand back during my monk life and fell in love with it. Stunning wraps also apply to both stunning blow and stunning fist.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My monk life I was a half-elf, and when I (some day/year) reach that life again, it will be a half-elf. I really like the options you get from dilettante.

I've heard half-orcs are great too, as well as plain ol' human.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I always end up buying every expansion, coming back for a week or two, and then losing interest for... Some reason. I buy it because I love the game, but I guess I end up wanting to play with people and never being able to catch them on at good times. My gimmicky stick ftr/rog/drd, whom I want to TR the moment it hits 20 (unless it gets better), is 15. Are any of you doing 1-20 jaunts still? If so, could you drop me a PM when you hit 15ish so I could come along for the ride? This current life keeps getting me demoralized and I want to get to like, a Cleric or FVS life.

To think I used to want to Completionist my main. I should've stayed Monk. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Man all this poo poo I read keeps tempting me into coming back but... I just feel like I'm going to end up playing solo half the time again. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mass Hold SLA (Normally a level 9 Sorc/Wiz spell).

:holymoley:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

When are these additions slated for? I might resub and come back for a bit once Wildstar expires and I get bored of Marvel Heroes again.

I really, really want to finish this lovely fighter life and TR out of it asap into a bard, divine caster, or just back to monk and say 'gently caress it never TRing again'.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 21, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Alright, getting this poo poo updated and I'm going to try playing again. :v: Hopefully I can finish off this life and then get rid of it. Still haven't decided if I just want to say 'gently caress completionist' and go back to monk, or level through bard or divine casters.

e: Are any of you still doing 1-20 TRs these days or have I completely missed that ship? I'm strongly considering going bard next life, but if I'm going to have to slog through 1-20 with myself/pubbies I'll probably just do Monk and stop TRing.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 4, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Valisti and I are doing Iconic TRs these days (and Original Sin). 15-28 is so much more fun compared to 1-20. Not really any slower either (plus you get Iconic and Regular past lives). You can TR into an Iconic Race from a normal race as soon as you hit 20 and you'll start at 15 with a normal heart. You'll need to hit 28 and use an Iconic heart to go back to normal or start a new Iconic. If you level up to 28 first you can use Epic heart which takes you down to 20 and then immediately reincarnated with a regular heart, if you logged on during december and got a free one this is a good idea, easy way to grab 3% doublestrike. And with Swashbuckler, bard would probably be a lot of fun.

Okay okay so wait, right now I'm a lovely h-orc stickfighter. When I finish the last 4 levels I can TR into Iconic. This will still give me the fighter past life, correct? Then at the end of completionisting when I want to return to being a monk (probably half-elf again), I'd use a regular heart and go back to half-elf and level from 1-28 for the last time? Or am I misunderstanding it all?

Here's the progress I had on my completionist before giving up due to hating this life: Paladin, Monk, and currently 16 on a life that'd give me fighter. So I need everything else.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DemonMage posted:

The heart you use determines your past life gained.
So you hit 20, use a normal heart, gain fighter past life, become an Iconic race and continue TRing.
Everytime you hit 28 and use an Iconic Heart you get an Iconic Past Life and a Heroic Past Life.

Okay cool, so with the 10 lives left (not counting fighter) I'd just run 15-28 as Iconics on all of them and end up with 10 Iconic PLs too. Morning Lord is pretty much the only one I wouldn't stack since I'd rather have the Fort/PRR/Dodge for Monk in the end.

I don't suppose you have specific suggestions on which classes to do with which race? I mean, from a stats and bonuses perspective it isn't hard to figure out, but more that they have those annoying predetermined level 1 classes.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It has been literally two years since I played. Considering throwing a month on and making a warlock, since they're cool and exciting sounding. Is the population active enough or will I be sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for groups like I did last time I played?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It's less about easy soloing and more about soloing being boring/lonely. Pubbies are fine. I just remember struggling at points to find anyone to play with while TRing 2 years ago.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh my god Warlock is rad as gently caress.

Oh my god loot is weird as gently caress, Vorpal and Cursespewers in my rewards from Butcher's Path?

poo poo is cool though.

e: I can't find the npc to take me back to Korthos. I wanted to run through them all for Favor.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 25, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks. Okay, Warlock has convinced me to play for at least a month. It's super fun. Are there items for bonuses to Chaotic spell damage? Are there any specific items I should hunt for while leveling up? Treat me like I am clueless and new because it has been so long.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Is there anything I will give a drat about for my Warlock from Crystal Cove, in the long term? Not that I could really grind a whole lot from it due to low level, but still.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Anything said about adding ddo and lotro to all access? Or are they staying on their own individual subs?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i'm glad you guys maintain the guild for the 1-2 months out of the year i play. salute.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

How's DDO holding up these days? Any neat details on expansion stuff? I always keep wanting to come back and dig in and then I get lonely, but it's a good game regardless.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

2. I think they've made soloing progressively easier between ship buffs, hirelings and general power creep.

4. The last time I played my Artificer, it had an ENORMOUS amount of hotbars. Now, that was my choice. I had a hotbar to drop all my reagents on to track them, I had a hotbar full of individual buffs for each element resist, etc. because you can either A. click the spell for a popup list of them or B. drag each version individually to the bar. It's probably a lot better now? Part of that was my fault moreso than the game's. I do know there were a lot of clickie items with temp buffs in the past, dunno if that has been curbed. Pots too.

5. There are plenty of optional, off the beaten path sort of routes. I don't know about the new content, but there's plenty of older stuff (Tears of Dhakaan comes to mind) where you can do extra things for bonuses.

7. Warlock, maybe something else.

Sorry, can't answer the rest.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Was thinking of grabbing a friend and picking this up again casually. What's the health of the game like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Game_Whino posted:

At 9, run Pit, gwlyan's, Tear, and then whatever you need for the 3BC saga. That'll easily get you into 10 and therefore to Ravenloft

Does Ravenloft provide content for progression up to whatever the current cap was? I ended up getting stuck on TR'd characters around the 10-12 range because I couldn't find groups and I eventually gave up playing. :shobon:

• Locked thread