Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I played this was back when they were testing free to play, but never got too into it, besides getting to like... level 13 on a War forged Monk a year or so later when I briefly came back.

Artificer and Druid are new to me, and both seem to get a pet... are either playable as a 'pet class'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Do druids get the cool shapeshifting they get in everything else? And are monks still granting +wis to ac? And if both of these are true can I turn into a bear with wisdom ac?

My favorite build in NWN(The first one) was Monk1/Druid/Shifter 10. Gotta love turning into manticores with 50 ac.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I am downloading the game now for the first time since way back when it went free to play. I don't remember my old account and will be playing free/mostly free at least for awhile. Any advice for a new player?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fenris13 posted:

While the OP is nice and uptodate the most important piece of advice is to plan out your build. Unless you are doing the simplest build possible, i.e. a pure 20 in one class, you will want to know as much about what levels/feats/stats to take and when to take them before you start taking any. Then ideally run your plan by some people with experience and get feedback.

Is it worth buying the 32 pt builds? I am cheap, but 20 dollars is no more than what I spent getting lovely games before. Or can two people (me and a non goon friend) play 28pt characters, earn TP in game to buy adventure packs and manage to get to 1700 favor for our next characters?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 2, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Are pure ranged Arcane Archer Rangers more viable now with the ability to take multiple paths? The build in that path guide takes a ton of melee stuff.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 2, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So, my friend and I decided to roll an Artificer and Ranger respectively, and while he is having the time of his life I am just not feeling strong with ranger. Only got up to level 3, so I was wondering what class pairs well with an artificer, because I can rel level in a few hours tops.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah he spent the cash to buy Warforged. I haven't spent anything, so I will probably just roll a paladin or something.

Edit: Decided to subscribe for a month. Does the Ninja Spy enhancement work for fists with handwraps? I found a post that suggested it does, and if so I would like to go high Dex with 14-16 str instead of pumping Str constantly (for Perfect TWF eventually)

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 2, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I joined the right server and the right channel I think, but it always says there is only one other member of the channel. Do people just not play anymore?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I made a half orc barbarian and since I am not too concerned with maxing out my first character to do raids and will probably just TR it, I will likely just go pure. It is fun to just smash poo poo with power attack.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 4, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gammon posted:

KittyEmpress - that's exactly what I did for my first two lives; played to 20 then TR'ed, because I wanted access to 36 point builds on my third life, and didn't want to gently caress around with characters I knew wouldn't really be viable post-20.

Yeah, I want to get some tomes and stuff and then TR into a druid or something. Druids are badass, but all the builds with them use 34/36 stat builds so :v:

Also, the ship buffs are so great. Me and my friend used the two Level 3 cleric hirelings to solo that 'Extreme' kobold defense quest on elite, and not a single person went down. I can't believe how useful they are, though I guess they will taper off once we get to higher levels

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wanna try this game again. Got to like level 15 on a barbarian once then quit. Druids and Warlocks are my favorite 3.5 classes, so what are the opinions here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I keep wanting to get into this game, but it feels so hard. Everyone is like reincarnated dozens of times and has super strong stuff and I just don't get past level 14ish before burning out.

Do you guys have any advice on how to get over that hump? I like the game itself.

• Locked thread