Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
This patch has been amazingly good for my (previously) capped Artificer. I'm not sure how the changes impacted other classes as this is really the only class I play with any regularity, but here's what I've lost and gained:

Lost -
4 points in UMD (via enhancement, mostly throwaways for progression, can still use lvl 6 scrolls with 100% chance of success)

Gained -
Ability to run at full speed while charging my Rune Arm
An Iron Defender that provides me with 8-11 HP of regen every few seconds, is more durable and overall actually worth summoning
Weapon Attachment ability that adds an essentially permanent .5 die to my repeating X-bow damage roll
Three extra uses of Endless Fusillade per rest
6 SP cost Maximized/Empowered/Quickened Blast Rod

Max HP and SP values stayed pretty much the same. What I lost in force and repair spell power from enhancements is more than made up for with boosts via Spellcraft/Repair skills, points in Arcanotechnician tree, and 8 Universal spell power per Rune Arm charge tier. I was getting a bit bored of the game before but the new content plus the above boosts have me loving my Arty all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo

Noricae posted:

This is seriously the best thing ever. Considering I play a lot of the time with a tempest ranger (who is happy to be ungimped) with barb levels, it was a bit lame chugging wayyy behind him. I think I will need to take a look at the dog enhancements some more because I missed a regen skill! And the new enhancement trees made me wish I was a tincan :( Other than wishing I had a level or two of rogue (umd, crossbow, sneak dice) the pass has been great for artificers, agreed. I can't imagine having an unloved artificer alt (?!? does not compute).

Oh, right, the regen is technically a repair-over-time which means if you're a fleshie you won't be able to take advantage of it without Construct Essence. The enhancement is Repair Systems in the Arcanotechnician tree.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
Seconding Ring of the Master Artifice. You can probably knock out the tokens needed in a couple hours and you'll have a very useful BtA ring you can use with all of your robot lives/characters (they only become BTC when upgrading to Tier 3). You'll need 600 tokens each from the non-Epic level 20 versions of Labor Shortage, Dragon's Hoard, and Short Cuts. The only one that's a bit of a pain in the rear end to run solo is Short Cuts, but if you have a decent DPS build and just focus on obtaining your quota while ignoring the optionals it is doable and should only take 3-4 runs.

• Locked thread