Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah, of course. Just post character names here and I or someone else can mail you an invite for the ridiculous buffs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Okay, sent you an invite. It's in the mail when you get off Korthos!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They explicitly said they have no plans to do that right now sadly :(

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Producer's Letter.

• U35 Dragonborn
  • U35 "Several" new adventures
  • U35 New raid
  • U36 Forgotten Realms pack in Stonelands north of Stormhorns, late Spring/early Summer
  • U37/38 Ravenloft expansion, "lots of new content, Sentient Weapons, and other surprises"

So that sounds like a pretty good broad list of things to look forward to. Wish they'd announce what the next new class is, I'll be somewhat disappointed if there isn't one with Ravenloft.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

U34 that comes out sometime this month, probably next week given there's another Lamannia this week, will have Reaper difficulty and the new Champion mods as well as the free Tower of Frost (ML14/28) adventure.

Something that confuses me about the coming Lamannia:

quote:

This preview should contain all previously previewed U34 related additions and changes (with additional fixes and changes) as well as the Reaper Enhancement Trees. Specifics on what the enhancement trees contain will be provided leading up to the preview (likely in Release notes which will be posted as we are opening Lammania or shortly before).

I have no idea what that is, but we should see notes tomorrow when the build goes up. Maybe a way to provide more power growth to make 10 skull not so stupid? Though they've made it clear they want the healing debuff in which will always be a net negative for that mode.

Also who needs the Sheltering Ring anymore.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 23, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

U34 is out now.
  • Tower of Frost - 14/28 Free Dungeon
  • Reaper Difficulty - 1-10 skull options
  • Champion Tier System and thematic templates
  • Bluff scaling has been reduced, so it should be easier to use at the high end
  • Human/Half-Elf boosts no longer have separate cooldowns from other action boosts, no double stacking anymore.
  • Draconic Breath Weapons count as Evocation spells and benefit fully from meta/items/feats/etc for that
  • Hurl Through Hell and Trap the Soul are now blocked by Death Ward. Sadness.

As for the Reaper Enhancements, there's three trees. Tank, Spell, Melee. You earn reaper experience (persisting through reincarnation) when you clear reaper mode dungeons, and the enhancements only work in reaper mode sadly. They're pretty much all just +numbers for their respective role. The tank tree is +8 HP per ability (point spent?) and the other two are +4 HP per. Casting tree has up to +5 casting stat, +4 DC (boost for +3), +5 spell penetration, and a good chunk of extra spell points. Here's hoping the saves/spell resist are balanced around not having points and maxing it out lets you get > 50% success rate.

All in all the trees are what I expected, and it kind of sucks. It provides a progression path, but if the intended progression is slowly working your way up so that Skull 10 feels a lot like Skull 1 with a maxed out tree, then what purpose does it serve as a Super Hardcore Only Challenge Mode like they claimed? It also feels kind of lovely from a progressionist point of view, since you don't really feel the growth except you move to picking a higher skull number every once in awhile. You don't actually get to feel stronger, you just get slightly better drop rates. And if it doesn't provide a meaningful amount of difference in 10 skull, why bother caring about it at all?

The whole system just seems like a really silly solution to a problem that's barely there in the first place. I guess it could provide a fun change of pace for Sub-20 content that's trivial for almost any vet, but I'd be really curious to see how many people clear EE content at 20/25/30, let alone do Reaper mode.

It would have actually been a more interesting system if it provided more granularity for everyone. Hard too trivial, but Elite too irritating/hard is a common complaint. Having a better ability to find challenge without being overwhelmed would be useful for everyone. Whereas trying to create a system that's designed to challenge an extreme minority of the population is largely just a waste of development resources. Especially when those people want challenges that go towards design, not +numbers.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 4, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Oh good, no more getting randomly hosed over at the end of a long dungeon at level because an already hard boss was assigned Champion.

Funny you say that...

Cordovan posted:

It is working as intended that red named-enemies can be Champions on Reaper difficulty, but they should no longer be on Hard or Elite.

:bang:

Also there was a misunderstanding when writing up the Release Notes, and you actually take an experience penalty in Reaper Mode if you're even 1 level above the quest's level on Normal, not 2:

+1: -20%
+2: -50%
+3: -70%
+4: -90%
+5: -95%

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I've seen both Khyber and Ghallanda thrown around as having better Australian populations. I think your best bet is to log on during your primary play time for each server and check the LFG to see how active it looks. But in my quick googling I saw guilds on every server, but none with 2016/2017 post dates so I have no idea which server has an active one now :(

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh man that's a tough one.
Antipode isn't that exciting honestly, it's got 2d6 damage likely but that's not super special. Stunning +10 is nice, but you can get that or close to it from other equipment like rings. I really like Sireth but I'm not sure if staff is really a particularly effective build platform anymore. Handwraps got buffed in some form and I haven't been following closely enough to say if it's mathematically better to go for it :( But it's sure a fun weapon.

Same with Pinion, it's a hell of a bow at 23 and is great to have right away when Epic or Iconic reincarnating, but if you're gonna level on beyond that there's likely better weapons by now (Epic Greensteel at least).

Twilight is cool for a caster, but you'll likely want to keep stacking your spellpower up with better things, and there's a lot more good orbs now.

So I'd lean towards Sireth I guess, maybe poke around to see if there's any recent rogue or monk quarterstaff builds.

My beef with Celestia is that it's really easy to get a +enhancement bonus, or metal bonus from somewhere and wind up making it not break DR anymore. I'm pretty sure even gaining the Magic property is enough to break it's ability to ignore all DR.

[Edit] Hell Balizarde is worth considering too. Good base stats, don't need improved crit feat to take advantage of it, and has lots of extra defensive stats "for free". It's a great Swashbuckling or Rogue weapon.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 21, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Nice, thanks! I saw they were gonna do that "soon", so glad it was only a couple days later.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They got a significant boost with the "new" enhancement trees, since you can get Burning Hands for 2 mana on a 4 second cooldown that takes metamagics for free with only 4 points in the tree for example. And then at level 12 you have Fire(Acid)ball available as an SLA too. It doesn't completely supercede the need to actually cast (nor should it) but it does let you sustain damage for a lot longer, especially in situations where stuff is dying fast enough that casting a real spell feels like a waste.

It seems like that guy was operating off old advice where you just wanted to Firewall or Acid Rain big groups and otherwise just keep moving or you'd run out of mana. I don't know about anomaly, but he sure wasn't playing remotely optimally.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

U35 should be going up on Lamannia later today. With a new raid + two quests, Dragonborn, and apparently racial reincarnation. Whatever that is. All they've said is that it's similar to TRing, and there will be racial past lives (with no credit for past lives done already of course).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They also buffed the racial trees a decent bit it seems like.
Total stat bonuses for 2 to all races: +2 con, +2 int, +2 dex, +2 cha, +1 str, +1 wisdom
So you get almost a Completionists feat worth of stat bonuses for 20 more past lives (as well as +1 to some skills, who cares) without eating up a feat slot. That could let you qualify for some feats and make some weider builds I guess, but yeah it's not exactly enticing if you're not full on past lives already.
Racial also means going back to level 1 instead of 15 of course. So hooray for having to craft more newbie gear for the pre-raid gear levels I guess. Not we're likely to ever bother.

These seems like very good changes

quote:

• Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.
  • The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI. (Note: This is very likely NOT going live until after U35.)

As for the inventory thing, it's a Known Issue:
Racial Reincarnation currently preserves items in your inventory and does not create a TR Cache. (Meant to mimic a Heroic True but currently mimics a Lesser)

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 7, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They do warn you of that on their official guide for it and on the unofficial wiki... but that's real lovely and they should list the restrictions out in the UI. They could have easily put the list of poo poo to worry about on the Confirm screen.

So hopefully you get that back sooner rather than later and that you can find some groups!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Looks okay to me! Throwing Weapons main problem has always been their lack of good weapons and scaling from what I remember. Lots of things just didn't apply to them but I think most of those have gotten fixed/changed these days. I don't think it would be better than a bow build but nothing jumps out at me as terrible or anything!

Were you able to get your stuff back by the way?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The only UI modding you can do is EQ style texture skinning. Nothing functional. They went real lax on modding for AC and took a hard modding stance on this. There is a tab for a list inventory if you don't like the grid style also.

I'll send you an invite later once the servers are back up if someone doesn't beat me to it though!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The core gameplay loop doesn't really change from what you see in the starting area. The areas get prettier, the quests get longer (until you know them generally) and the stories get better in some places though (like Harbinger of Madness)! End game there is two-group raiding to do (12 people) but it's not required. You can instead do reincarnation to make your character more powerful in small incremental ways.

Being mid-high level is a lot more fun than low levels though, since you've got access to more of your class abilities/enhancements and if you're reincarnating your fancy named items/raid gear from past lives.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 10, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There's no real limit to guild size, just post a character name here and someone will invite you! Guild activity is very low as discussed before, but the buffs are really nice!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Mailed you invites to both characters!

As a general rule enhancements stack unless they specify a bonus type or being mutually exclusive. So yeah they'll stack.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Upcoming Artificer/Battle Engineer changes.

quote:

Base class:
  • Rune Arm cooldown is improved by 30%. (This is the improvement that Thermal Venting currently gives, which has been removed from the BE tree.)
  • Rune Arm Charge Decay while moving is reduced by 50%. (This is the improvement that Arcane Capacitors currently gives, which has been removed from the BE tree.)
  • There is no longer a penalty to movement speed while charging a Rune Arm.
  • Artificers now get Warhammer and Light Hammer proficiencies.
  • Improved Critical: Bludgeoning has been added to the Arti class feat list.
  • Artificer Admixture spells now fire straight down if the caster has themself hard-targeted. (This will essentially deploy it on you... assuming you're standing on solid ground.)
Rune Arms:
    (Note: None of this really applies to Knives Eternal, Machinations of Madness, or Whirling Words. They were already doing most of this.)
  • Rune Arm shots now scale with 100% Spell Power. Most were scaling at 50% or 80% previously.
  • Rune Arm weapon imbues now scale with 200% Melee or Ranged power (whichever is higher)
  • Homing on Rune Arms now works at about the same angles you can shoot a crossbow at and still hit your target (roughly 80 degrees). It was previously about 20 degrees for most Rune Arms, meaning you'd be shooting your crossbow and hitting your target, but your Rune Arm shots would just shoot wherever your camera was looking. Long story short, homing should be more reliable now.
  • Cannonball Shot (used by Glass Cannon) now uses homing.

Some pretty solid changes there overall. Triple duration Endless Fusillade too.

quote:

You didn't mention the poor Iron Defenders here, they're still terrible!
Yes, they are. In working on this pass, we did a lot of meetings, research, and discussion about Arti dog and Druid wolf pets - And came to the conclusion that a meaningful pass to improve them (not even including AI changes, just statistic and enhancement based) was going to take twice as long as the Arti pass above, at minimum. It's something we'd love to do someday, as they're a core part of these classes; it's just not in the cards for the moment.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The trip also scales off sunder bonuses too. Which is super nice if it's not a mistake in the text.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Valisti and I are kind in a holding pattern with DDO until the new expansion (details) hit at least. I'm hoping that might be enough to push us to come back, but maybe we're finally just done with it. I don't know. I still think it's a Really Good game, we've just played a ton of it. So it's hard to get pulled back in with reduced time and so many good options.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Cleric Domains. Favored Soul improvements.

There's a lot of domains there that seem great. They've done a really solid job with those.
The Favored Soul improvements seem really good too. Possibly too good. Hard to say. Extra 200 HP at level 20, extra +100 for 30. Seems... pretty loving substantial. Or double that in SP. If you're pure Favored Soul anyways.

Also:

quote:

The current plan is that among the greater body of content coming up in the expansion there are two dungeons where you can specifically enter Castle Ravenloft and experience* story within the castle itself, and a raid where you can enter the castle and experience* story as well.

Sev~

*Warning: may entail horrible fates. The author takes no responsibility for the safety of characters engaging in this activity.

This seems like a good way to go. Still wish they'd never added two group raid content in DDO, but at least an iconic part of the expansion won't be stuck behind a raid.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 5, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Nice! I upgraded the Shrine to the Devourer for some more acid/cold buffs, and the guild storage incase we ever actually store more than a couple items in there :cheeky:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Ravenloft is going to be U37 unless their point release with Domains and such balloons into big enough to be a full Update.
"While we don't have an announced date for Ravenloft, we are hoping to get it out later this year.". All we know, as far as I can tell, is that it's 10/30+. You'll be able to start a character right at level 10 to jump into the content there. Barovia wilderness area. The Castle stuff I posted above where the story won't be locked behind a raid only. Sentient weapons.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

xZAOx posted:

4. I've seen some videos where people have like 6+ full hotbars, triggering my EQ2 PTSD. Then some where it looks much more streamlined. Can anyone tell me which classes / builds skew towards a more lean loadout? What to definitely stay away from?

6. Once you get into it, is it pretty obvious which quest packs you should buy? I'd hate to drop points/cash on a quest pack to find that it's below my level or only good for a couple of hours of gameplay before it's time to move on.

7. VIP downgrade link says if you make a monk or warforged race character during VIP, you'll lose access if you let VIP fall off. Any other classes or races subject to that too?

8. Speaking of classes - anything notable about, if I'm interesting in grouping with folks, classes to lean towards or avoid? Typical "tanks/healers always in demand"? If so, can they solo reasonably well if needed?

9. What classes do people think are just flat out fun, and which are just flat out boring or tedious? (Keeping in mind my aversion to a billion hotbars hehe)

EDIT: 10. Is there any mentoring / auto-scaling or anything, so that people of different levels can play together?

4) Casters are going to be the main killer here. Your hotbars will grow in size as your levels and capabilities do though.

You can see here about 4 bars worth of spells and spell like abilities. A bar with swap equipment and scrolls. A bar with potions (not as important as it used to be). And another bar with metamagics and another with more infrequent swap stuff (vertical bar). Early on you're not going to have a lot of that stuff, but as you go you'll get those spells/abilities and want easy access to them. Gear wise you can get away with a lot fewer swaps than I have, but they're useful.

6) This guide isn't fully up to date, but my skimming it seems to say it's got the right idea. The OP there is still around, so you could also maybe PM them if needed. The expansion pack thing is really good advice though. Especially because you'll need to buy those as VIP anyways. So buying those will extend your time to decide which path you want to go down. Since going half VIP half permanent purchases is kind of not a great idea.

7) Monk, Druid, Warlock, Warforged, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Gnome, Dragonborn are given for free to VIP and must be purchased if you lose VIP.

8) I'd say a healer is probably always in demand, but most questing doesn't really need any specific group composition. Maybe traps for some specific sections of the game on Elite, but the vast majority of those can just be skipped too. Tanks are only a thing in high end raiding for the most part. If you really like the game you'll probably end up reincarnating into lots of different classes anyways, I wouldn't sweat group viability much.

9) Warlocks are super loving fun, even if they got a bit of a Heroic levels nerf recently. I haven't leveled one since then, but the numbers make it look like they went from Ridiculous to just Great. Again, as show in my shot you do wind up with a lot of abilities, but you could throw your buffs on a bar you page to when needed I guess (except for short term ones like Displacement).

Paladin or Monk might be an okay middle ground with enough abilities to Do Stuff, but not a crazy amount. Fighter/Rogue are going to have a lot less buttons to hit, but with their Enhancement Trees you can grab a few abilities to make things more interesting than just auto attacking and Boosting occasionally.

10) Sadly no. This is one of the hardest parts about getting new people into the game. If someone in the group is 4 or more levels above you, then you take a personal experience penalty on quest completion. Starting at 50%. Only bright side to this is that it doesn't apply at 20+. A level 20 and a level 30 can group for a quest and both get full experience. In fact I don't even think there's a quest level penalty in epic levels. So a level 30 in your level 21 quest won't cause you to get lovely experience either. Though it will stop Bravery Bonus, which isn't a thing you need to worry about on your first life.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Also keep in mind that crit is often king. Scimitar > Longsword for example. But until you're taking your Improved Critical feat at 12, feel free to play around with all the options (and it's by damage type, so you can use good named scimitar or longsword). And named items or good rare rolls will throw best weapon type out the window when you're new especially. It helps to keep a bludgeon and slash/pierce weapon on you too. You don't really need all 3 in general, but having an anti-skeleton weapon is so loving useful. Maul is a fantastic choice, or warhammer for 1h.

For armor you absolutely want Heavy when you can get it (not Medium or Light) because it gives you more PRR which is a fantastic stat as said above. In general you want the highest AC bonus you can get while keeping your dex stat in mind. Which if you're not dual wielding, you shouldn't have much dex. And while dual wield is ideal for a paladin due to the way it interacts with their abilities like Divine Sacrifice, it's not really worth doing when you're new.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 2, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I was being lazy and figured someone else had sent you an invite, sorry. Mailed one to Brumans, just go to a mailbox and use the item there and it'll join you to the guild and you can get fancy airship buffs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Stat items/potions for hitting quest objectives can be helpful, but they're usually just optional things so it's not vital. But if you have the inventory space, feel free to carry some around.

They messed with some of the DCs, but Detect Secret Doors is good. Invisibility can come in super handy (though takes effort to use it and you're in full plate = noisy, so maybe not as good).

This page might come in handy at some point for you.

Good quests around then: The Lost Seekers (aka Waterworks) which you probably did.
The Chamber of Insanity (can be tough though)
The Depths of * in House D (watch out for those ogre triple hits)
Gwylan's Stand in a level or three I've always enjoyed
Tear of Dhakaan the same
The Pit is one you'll either love or hate. It can be confusing and long but once you understand how it works it can be really fast and good experience. Very divisive quest.

This you can sort by level and you can try and see if there's a named bastard sword upgrade for you as you go. Spinal Tap is pretty crazy, but I imagine the drop rate is low as I remember that being a problem with that quest series.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 4, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Correct!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Both, you pretty much pick your end game. Grind out past lives, or grind out end game gear. These days end game gear is all level 29, so there's barely any reason to care about if you're not gonna stay at 30. Their push for more level balanced loot has worsened the divide between TR and not TR for end game sadly. Used to be you could raid and get gear usable for 4+ levels when you TRed, now it's 1.

I imagine a lot of people TRing are not posting groups either, since they don't want to ruin a newbies fun or have a newbie ruin their fun. It's why I highly recommend finding a friend/goon who plays at your time and just chill and play together. Infinitely more fun.

Supposedly the expansion is going to have a focus on making sure there's fun and interesting stuff to do at the level cap, but we'll see. They've been so tight lipped on any of the actual features coming.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Each expansion is separate, though both together cost $50. You buy the Shadowfell Standard Edition ($35) and during checkout you get offered to buy Menace of the Underdark Standard for only $17.49 (instead of $35) for a total of $47.48. That and VIP catches you up on just about everything. Artificer, Favored Soul, and Drow are the only locked things at that point I believe. Which you can either buy or earn in game via the Favor system (sorta kinda rep system). Info stolen from here.

Soloing to cap is no problem at all. Grab a cleric or rogue hireling to help you out, and try and work in some self healing when possible. The chests on the Guild Airship have stacks of healing potions you can snag (post here if they run out, I should be able to refill them in a somewhat timely fashion if others can't/don't). Later on you can Use Magic Devices to Heal scroll depending on your class/stats/build.

Though if you're amenable, xZAOx seems like he could use a leveling buddy if your schedules mesh. It generally makes the game a lot more fun, and he's also new so you guys can get randomly gibbed by traps and beholders together!

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 6, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

More info Soon™.

"Cordovan also announced on the stream that Aasimar and Vistani Knife Fighting will be available in U36 Patch 3, which is expected to hit Lamannia next week."

U36.2 came out today, which added Cleric domains and FvS hp/sp specs as well as Charisma OR Wisdom scaling for favored weapon hit/damage and spell DC. The Domains look like a lot of fun. Most of them look like they'd be really solid to use.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So that's a cool piece of expansion art.
On the not cool side, the Halloween event is coming back soon, with upgrades to level 28 and a few new items. However unless things change they're going the stupid rear end WoW (and others) route and making it so any keys (not bought on the store) or ingredients from prior years are no longer usable.

36.3 Preview & Notes.
Iconic Aasamir is the Scourge Ranger variant. +2 wisdom is now the Aasamir stat bonus.
The Knife Fighting tree lets you get centered with Daggers and Throwing Daggers, which is cool. Stack all the Ninja Poison and Knife Bleeds.

Also I have to admit the Reaper's Platemail is cool and I missed that coming in last year. This year we get a red variant as well.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 12, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Ravenloft Pre-Order is up. Release Date is December 5th. Has 3 adventure packs, which is similar to the last two expansions. The first expansion really spoiled us, Shadowfell also felt underwhelming since "all" it had was multiple patches worth of content. Menace had that + new class + huge new feature in epic destinies + epic levels.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I don't see any real reason to go past the basic bundle this time unless you really want the cosmetics. The vampire hunter outfit is cool but otherwise eh.
Knife Fighter will be 500TP or unlockable with Ravenloft favor.
Scourge Aasimar Ranger Iconic Hero will be purchasable with TP later if you really want it.
The weapon aura is one glamered weapon per character, which is meh.
Bottle of Mist is presumably really handy like the Eveningstar key, they haven't commented if it will be favor unlocked or not yet.
+10 shared bank slots is an extra you can't buy elsewhere, but also it's pretty rare to need 200 shared bank slots (max with all upgrades + this).

Fayk posted:

Am I wrong in remembering that back prior to f2p that warforged were standard rather than premium?

I guess at least I still have more than like 2 character slots, in any case.

Warforged were free for subscribing back then and are free for subscribing now.

Also Night Revels is active now until November 5th.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 19, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You wouldn't be able to play a warforged you made pre-F2P without buying it or subscribing though. Just like if you subbed and made a Druid/Warlock and then dropped sub, you'd not be able to log onto that character without resubbing or buying.

There's nothing you need to buy to make a character viable. 32 point can easily be unlocked via favor, and hearts for true reincarnating can be grinded out. And the majority of basic builds will work just fine with 28 point builds. Dual wield builds are a lot harder to pull off without 32-36 point builds. Maybe less so with all the ways to get dex to attack/damage these days.

Lesser Hearts of Wood +X let you respec your build following the exact same class decisions you made, each + of the heart lets you swap one class level. So a 19/1 build could become a 20 build by using a +1 Lesser Heart. +0 just lets you swap stats/skills/feats around. However they're primarily only available via purchase, you can in theory get them as drops but they're super loving rare. Of course True Reincarnating will let you remake your character as a totally new build, with a bonus, at the cost of having to actually grind out the levels again :cheeky:

Feats can be swapped out via Siberys Dragonshard at Fred in House J, you can get a feat respec shard via 75 Agents of Argo favor as well. Or you can do it via astral shards aka paying. Which is really the big one anyways, unless you want to completely change your build which then it's mostly reasonable to pay or TR.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup! It's just the three right now!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah Warlocks are pretty amazing. They're also updating Druids next patch as well as Artificers. So that might be a good magey type to combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Ravenloft is:
  • Two wilderness areas
  • 12 quests
  • Sentient Weapons

The quest levels are:
In the Shadow of the Castle: 4 10/31
The Vampire Hunters: 4 11/31
The Light of the Land 4 12/31s

And then two raids that are just level 32 (Strahd and Baba Lysaga)

I could see that chain easily getting you a couple levels, and it's newer so it's probably more fun (haven't touched Ravenlost yet kind of sadly).

Also the latest patch added 5 14/31 quests (premium pack).

So you should be able to make it through that kind of lovely pre-Attack on Stormreach time without having to rely on Necro too much hopefully. And of course the newer quests have insane loot compared to the old stuff.

• Locked thread