Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. The drop rates on knucklebones etc is much better than last year, but the only challenge to mabar remains seeing which server you get assigned for your dragon encounter which determines if you get the 5 minute gently caress you slideshow or actually get to kill it for your scale/signet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

To be fair I'm thinking of swapping necbromancers build around a bit to something more like 12wiz/5monk/3cleric and going down the divine disciple line. I'm not 100% on it yet though. The wizard/cleric mix is a definite you get way too much negative spellpower and negative crit chance from just those 3 levels in divine, not to mention access to heal as a class skill. It's really something I need to sit down and ponder, although its on a back burner for now

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Gammon posted:

Yeah, Necbromancer was the first person I saw doing that. I think he had a 12 Wiz/5 Rogue/3 Monk build. My understanding of it was to spend a lot in Thief-Acrobat to get the tier 5 stuff, 21 point in pale master, and then whatever is left in monk. You can do it using the Shadar-Kai and start at 15 too which is handy.

My build with necbromancer was that class layout. I took vault, quick strikes, and the enhancement that improved your staff crit threat range and multiplier then in henshin mystic I went for lighting the candle and the staff attacks. If I were to do anything I think I might drop the rogue and lose trap skills in favor of tier 5 monk, and replace the rogue with 2 or 3 levels of cleric for the divine disciple tree. You gain a fuckload of negative spellpower and negative spellcrit as well as access to heal as a class skill. The basic tradeoff becomes lose trap skills and UMD (if you dont want to be lawful good and take a boatload of extra evil damage its the only way to use sireth) for actual good self heals. I was rather disappointed with my healing ability on necbromancer myself, but then I didn't really have a bunch of endgame gear to boost it either.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Good opens you up to a ton of spell damage as well, especially in stormhorns/wheloon as those fucks love to cast that unholy smite or whatever its called and while you'll still take damage being neutral its nothing compared to what you will as good. Now on the flipside of that if you don't have UMD some of the caught in the web weapons require good with a 32 UMD DC, so you need to weigh one against the other.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

DemonMage posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for the end fight of Thrill of the Hunt? 300+ damage chain hits on EH will wreck you really fast, especially since the guy starts/stops his chain constantly. Not remotely worth the effort as is.

kite him with ranged, only way I've found. I also agree his damage is COMPLETE horseshit, I could see the 300 as maybe epic elite damage but not ehard(on necbromancer it was hitting me for 498 a tic when I didn't dodge/incorp/blur out of the way) and if you melee you're pretty much guaranteed to take at least 2 tics of it

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

DemonMage posted:

On Druids, the big problem with going animal form is that your scaling is really lovely. You're probably better off going some sort of multiclass elemental THF build in terms of power. Aura of the Sun or whatever is pretty solid AE and not being hampered by the increased cooldown on some of your important spells is pretty nice too. Valisti was pretty unhappy with her druid in the late teens and later epic levels, and if you have access to fully upgraded Sireth or something I can only imagine the power difference in animal vs elemental melee is more skewed towards the latter.

I don't know entirely about the druid damage scaling badly. The doublestrike druid I built a while ago was amazing and it didn't have nearly the gear I needed and the build was not only pre u19 but it also needed some tweaks. With whats available now it could be much much better than it was. That said a good melee druid in animal form is difficult to build well.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Here's an interesting question, if you have one of the old school armor kits on a piece of armor and you use the mirror on it will you get the original appearance or will you get the old school armor kit appearance? IE: you have a drow armor kit on an outfit will you get the original outfit skin or the drow armor kit outfit skin

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I don't think intercession has ever had a save, its just not been chain cast constantly and quells were pretty rare.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Inferno is super easy once you know your way through it. In fact it's one of my go to solo quests in that range

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Heres a screenshot of the lock build I came up with on lamannia, managed to solo EE mentaus for the most part, still need to be careful if you get a bonus damage champion i got 2 shot by a golem that double hit for 385 apiece. Run in divine crusader ED. Bear in mind this is still a work in progress

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Fenris13 posted:

Can you explain this build a little bit? You give up a ton of poo poo by not going 18 or 20 warlock, and I don't see many benefits offered in those altnerante levels. I see you get to use longswords with charisma instead of strength, and you gain 8% spell crit but those are about the only dvantages I see, where as you gave up over 50% eldrich blast damage, which sems kind of huge, not to mention the extra dice and spells. I see almost no bonuses to meleeing either.

Yea I can expand on that a bit, its a melee hybrid build. Medium armor, bastard swords not longswords with single weapon fighting line and an orb offhand, effectively making it a greatsword with 30% haste but no expanded glancing blows. The blasts on a pure lock vs what I have now really wasn't that different. Dont bother with cleave feats you have the enhancements. And what you lose in blasts you more than make up for in melee.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I dunno what the deal is but suddenly DDO is being a bitch, i zoned into the 12 and started getting 12second to 2 minute stutter steps and after logging out/rebooting my router/attempting to log back in I am completely unable to reenter the game

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I like how noone seems to notice the biggest nerf in there. Armor no longer giving MRR, which was specifically added in as a way to stop everyone always splashing rogue/monk for evasion and give a second option to survive retarded spell damage.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Noricae posted:

25ish to 30 felt MUCH faster for me than 20-25 ever did. The latter quests, and stuff like Gianthold (<3 Crucible) have loads more xp (100-110k+ for some, without any pots even) than the low 20s quests did early on. Those lower quests still have the same xp, and the xp needed for 21, 22 etc is higher now, so I'm not sure how tedious leveling is nowadays in the low 20s. High 20s feels significantly better.

For the lower levels stick with doing the EXP heavy quests (spies in the house, wizking, VoN 3 and especially 5 without doing 6 if you can get it) theres a couple others besides the ones I posted but just doing daily EHard/ENorm runs of those will get you through those first 5 really fast.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I've always thought blackguard was a good choice for a classless. I mean traditionally it requires evil but we're never doing that for basically coding/very light roleplay issues with quest dialogue reasons. But it would give options for people who want a charisma to saves and not have to splash paladin or are lawful good exempt because of class selections, could even make that a T5 ability to balance it out.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Hoping for blackguard or atleast blackguard open enhancement tree like harper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I'm still on a fair amount of time, I keep leaving and coming back, but I'm currently on my back phase

• Locked thread