Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006

Noricae posted:

What is a good use for Protection from Evil (Magic Circle) especially?
It stops you from getting dominated/commanded, command can be bad when the mob spams it and is fairly common in GH and other areas so good to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Wow din't realize those Ottos boxes were so expensive, ~$30 to make getting +10 hp or whatever take one day instead of 3-4 is insane.

Really glad sagas are back, end game is really quiet on Cannith. Log in, see no raids or EEs happening do my DD and log out has been my routine for the last few weeks. Could do some EHs but don't need xp and the loot sucks, could try and form a raid but too lazy and trying to get people to do EEs is iffy as most of my friends are not on or doing TR stuff.

Still not sure which tomes to go for in Mabar, +6 str is probably the best bet long term as OC is such a strong feat that you'll want on almost any melee build and +5 cha for the other I guess as I have eaten +4 con/dex, +5 int and who cares about wisdom? Right now I'm a str dumped rogue so the str tome is kinda useless though and more dex/con is always nice, tough call.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I usually start with 13 dex on str based TWF builds so ISA(kinda weak anyway) and CA are kind of non factors, speccing in ranged is seeming more necessary now than ever before though so may have to rethink things. Also dex to-hit and damage is everywhere so looking more viable. Always going to be some form of melee though so don't really care about caster stats.

Brownview posted:

Could you give me the cliffnotes on super efficient leveling?
Find opener for Shadow Crypt, farm the first optional a million times. Get your diplo/bluff to decentish levels and do the same in Crucible. If you have a couple of good TR buddies the opts in wiz king are great too, just do the quest right up until you need to grab the macguffin, recall and restart. Optionals only scale after you complete the quest now.

Other than that kind of stupidity, drinking an xp pot and doing the good xp/min quests EHHN seems like a good way to go and if you're taking a break for the day you can do EHH, then the next day do HHN or something like that.

I honestly hate grinding the same stuff over and over though, so usually take a week or so and just do most quests in the game once and done on elite.

Woden
May 6, 2006
If someone in your group has the quest and doesn't complete it you can farm it indefinitely. The other way is what's called window farming, someone opens up the the enter quest box while there are people still inside after completing, they recall, you enter and it's a new instance. No need to run back to the quest giver just in and out.

Mr Cow solos though, for efficient TR zerging 2-4 man seems optimal(4 for bloody crypt, 3 wiz king, etc.). Any more than that and scaling really starts to screw you over and less means more time fart arseing about backtracking, breaking boxes or struggling to pull levers while on orange DA or whatever.

Woden fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 22, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
If you have at least one monk level you can do crucible in about 45 seconds, it's how I leveled up all those crappy EDs and also melted my brain. Hotbar a stance(air/fire/water), open up the recall notification, hit stance change and then the recall button straight after. Instant recall.

Woden
May 6, 2006
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-19-patch-2

Looks like they nixed the +6 tome from Mabar, so just 1 +5 of your choice. Didn't really want to grind it anyway, so not really complaining.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Hmm this sucks, can't open the ddo store to buy a key. Just causes the game to hang. Not sure how much longer this preview will go for either.

Edit had a key but the dude wont check bags for them, and we wipe anyway. So insanely laggy.

Woden fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 25, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Sagas are closed again, wasn't fixing them supposed to be part of U19.2? Back to everyone running EH zergs I guess. :(

Also not sure why you wouldn't do mabar for a tome, it doesn't take long and people in chat will tell you when it's about to open so no need to waste time farming kills if you don't feel like it. Only bad thing about it is they still haven't fixed the raid lag, so it'll be pretty random in getting the signets.

Using named armours for cosmetics will be awesome as I really like the look of their older stuff like necropolis/von/etc much more than the newer stuff. I knew I kept that null cloth robe through TRs for a reason, shame I can't get my starter rags back though.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Still need to buy the monster manuals, they're pretty fun and I love seeing mob HP. The thing I'm curious about though is does it only start tracking monsters after you buy it or has it been tracking ever since release, so can I buy it now and have say all the beholder stuff unlocked?

+7 tomes will be the cap for a long time if they go that way as they're planning on stopping at 30 for a while, I really do hope they add at least +6s in though as getting stuff like OC or e toughness is painful on a lot of builds. I generally make builds that need most stats to some degree, so I do feel the pain of not having a full set of +4s let alone +5s but having some tomes in game that aren't in the store is good for the game. People will run stuff to try and get them even after they've gotten all the named items or raid loot from the quests, right now end game is dead because there's nothing to go hunting for.

Woden
May 6, 2006
If whatever build you'd like to play works well as a Drow you can easily unlock them instead of buying 32 point buy. It's what I did starting out, they're pretty good for pallys, rogues or wizards.

If you remember what email you used to sign up with it should be pretty easy to recover your old account, if not just spam them with reset requests from all your email accounts and hope one works.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Pretty sure that wraps and ninja spy thing got nerfed in the latest update, dex to-hit and damage as well as things like sting of the ninja now only work with shurikens, short swords and maybe some other ninja type weapons like kamas. Definitely not wraps.

It's making my next build really hard to figure out now too, should I go dex, str or wis based on a ninja? Short swords or wraps? Plan was 10 monk/6 pally/4 fvs using celestias and farming up some FoT gloves for devotion, swap to wraps and use DM to buff str and maybe do stuns but that sounds like an exercise in annoyance. I guess something like 16/15/15/8/8/16 is probably the way to go, with stunning fist not working with short swords I don't see much appeal in going wis based as the only other thing that's not based on monk level is zen archery. Unless I'm missing something every good wis based attack has monk level augmenting the DC, which sucks.

Looted a pair of EE sipritsight goggles too which I was hoping to make use of, +11 wisdom would have been nice but I guess I'm stuck with some dumb deadly goggles of accuracy instead of some cool named item.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Why 2 cleric if you're only starting with 10 cha? At the very least you should bump it to 13, 1 point in cha = 0.5 str when DM is active so spending 3 points into str while cha is still 1 for 1 seems pointless. If you can swap to Drow instead you'd get a much better stat spread of 16/10/14/10/10/16, I'd probably drop wis to 8 though, skip bluff and max out concentration instead on a build like that personally.

Elswyyr:
They've decided to start doing expansions now and the second one just dropped recently, they're hella expensive but do at least come with some bonuses. Menace of the Underdark was the first and is pretty decent, the key thing from it is the Epic Destinies system. They're basically epic prestiges and are extremely overpowered.

The second expansion Shadowfell Conspiracy was a bit of a dud, 10 quests, no raid and the named items have random mutations on them. It does have the highest level quests in the game ATM though and as part of the sweetener this time they bundled Iconic Heroes. Iconics are new races that you can't tr into yet(will be able to at some point), start at level 15 and are pretty cool. If you're not sure how long you'll stick around and if you don't like TRing you could probably just skip the whole expansion though.

Gianthold went epic and is pretty fun, The Druid's Deep as well as The High Road of Shadows packs were also released in that time frame. Druids Deeps is pretty meh all around, bad xp, expensive and the loot is outdated and as for High Road I skipped it as it's pretty expensive for what you get.

The biggest changes in that time frame have been the addition of Epic Destinies(these are huge for level 20+), cap increase to level 28, enhancement rewrite(lots of winners and losers here, wizards are still very solid though) and the loot.

The loot now is kinda of generic and boring, everything is tiered or on its way to be that way. So get frost weapon that does 1d6 cold dmg at level one, and every 4 levels or so add an extra 1d6. Pretty much everything has or will move to this system, even stuff like keen(weapon crit profile), vorpal, deathblock and the like which don't make much sense were squeezed into it. Items with these new generic suffixes/affixes are also generally better than most named items ATM as with the change came a lot of power creep

Woden
May 6, 2006
There's still some cool loot that's good at end game, and named items are still good at the level you get them. One I really like is Celestia, it's a short sword with bastard sword damage and does light damage instead of slash/pierce/bludgeon. So it breaks every DR unless they have light DR(only a few mobs have this), lightsabres in ddo hell yeah.

Next year the cap will go to 30 and stop there for a while, so things might go back to what they were like when epic first came out. Lots of cool and varied items all of similar power, well that's my hope anyway. So check back again next year I guess. :)

Woden
May 6, 2006
Not sure if the mobs are really out of whack or it's just a combination of other things. GH has giants and stuff so they get lots of HP, Necro 3-4 are filled with undead so no easy crits, similar story in parts of refuge. Mobs are still pretty squishy in some places like Lordsmarch, those quests in the 12 and the Shroud flags.

IQ does feel really out of whack though, same with Kobold/Monastary to some degree, Amrath is kind of ok for what it is but the quests still suck though.

It's also around that level that a Carnifex will no longer one hit kill stuff and mob density ramps back up.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Shame about those IQ quests, the only reason I ever bothered doing IQ2 was so I could farm those. Having to do Titan to unlock crappy XP quests means I'll probably just skip it now and go do Stormhorns or something.

Doesn't small problem give decent xp on heroic, like 15k+? I remember getting a good bump out of it, and if you split up it's pretty fast. Glad to see Wrath and Weap shipment on there, two walk ups I almost never do. The House C stuff better get a massive boost because they're absolutely terrible ATM and I hate them way more than Amrath, probably the most boring chain in the game.

When's update 20 BTW? Usually they're on a schedule right to get stuff out every X months, so will we see it before xmas? Guessing it'll be a small pack without many new features so no need for extended time on Lama.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Oh god it's all hideously confusing.

So I can do an Iconic, start at level 15 and still get the Iconic and heroic PL when I hit 20 or is it 28 for Iconic PLs? Don't understand the starting at level 15 thing at all.

I can use a lesser heart to remove the first level of an Iconic(so start a PDK as a bard or w/e), but what about if I TR into one, still start as a fighter?

All Iconic or Epic PLs have a passive and an active part(toggle), but the actives only stack twice? Don't really understand that example he gave, get +3AC but only +20 fortification.

I get to re do my heroic levels if I just Epic TR to 20, but can I redo alignments, race, class splits, etc? Looks like no, it's basically the free +20 heart again

What happened to 38 point build, how do we get that?looks like it's not happening now, sad panda

Vargouille posted:

Note that Iconic Past Lives are considered their own category in any case, separate from both Heroic and Iconic past lives.
WTF man?

Woden fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 11, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Ah yep, just woke up and meant +0 heart. so no level changes, alignment, race, etc.

What about doing say, start at level 28.
TR as Iconic barb, start at 15 and level to 20 then TR.
Get barb PL and go back to level 1.
Level to 28 again this time grab say wizard PL AND an ED one.
Repeat.

Or do Iconics have to level to 28 to TR or ETR? Doing things that way seem like a fast way to grab PLs for lovely classes, and going back to level 1 isn't a huge deal if you wanted to change class levels and race anyway.

Will probably be better to do the 15-28 run though, as you might actually want Iconic PLs.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Ok thanks guys, now I guess the question is to TR now or just wait.

Still 10 completions away from both CiTW and FoT, only really need the gloves from FoT though and not sure if the 20ths are still bugged and not dropping +5 tomes. I'm level 28 and cap is deader than I ever remember, no one groups with you because of XP scaling and people are still too scared for EEs so can't really do that either. When I leveled up we just did it all on EE and it was pretty fun, they're pretty well balanced for their level you just can't solo as easily as heroic and I guess that's what's scaring people off streaking it to 28 which is a shame.

Hopefully with ETRs coming people will be ok grouping up again, this soloing everything crap on heroic TRs just isn't really fun and feels like a slog.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Sitting at just over 4k favor ATM and there really isn't all that much left if I want 5k.

According to the wiki:

quote:

Currently unachievable, current max 4,928 favor (as of Update 19).
So with the new pack you'll probably be able to just get there if the wiki is right, that means doing Titan on elite, maxing all stars on challenges, elite CiTW, etc. Pretty brutal, guess I'll just wait til after the next expansion before even contemplating it.

Those XP changes are pretty good, was hoping for more but I think what they've done is enough and now it just comes down to how they flatten the curve. After looking at the tables I've got some very mixed feelings, 578k less to cap but also need an extra 90k to get to 11. I really hate low levels as most toons feel the same and I'm really burnt out on GH so spending more time there isn't cool.

So everyone's getting new Pre's except the classes that actually need them(bard/pally), meh. Pretty sweet they're embracing the shield+armour playstyle a lot of arcanes are using though, now it's back to rogues being the squishiest class.

Edit: Oh and glad to see life stealing get nerfed, that poo poo is dumb.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I usually do those House C like a moron, fight all the mobs in that big room so the Titan breaks the door, auto attack afk the pillar thingies, etc. so they take a while and are boring. The Peacemaker boss is still retarded for melees on elite, takes forever and is no fun at all.

Shame there's no tomes, FoT or other raid stuff in that Raiders Chest. Don't really need any CiTW crap and it was the tomes I was screwed out of not weapons. Oh well, free comms I guess.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Back to TR chat for a min, if I'm reading it right it seems that Iconics can still grab a heroic PL. So the only point of starting at level 1 is if you want a non Iconic race or are too cheap to buy the macguffin you need to ITR(Iconic TR). Or I guess you really hate epic and can do 1-20 really fast.

Not sure how favor and flagging will work with ITRs either, ETRs(28-->20) you keep favor/flags but I'm guessing not so for ITRs(28-->15)?

Noricae posted:

That's EITHER if you finished a raid OR did a TR? (Any raid? or Epic raid only)? If heroic that sounds pretty lenient. If epic, then I'd better go TR some people asap.
Any raid except Tempest Spine or Chronoscope apparently.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Mixed feelings about that, guess I'll just wait and see how it goes.

Looks like PDK are an almost straight upgrade to humans and same with bladeforged/warforged so guess it isn't all bad. Really hope we can drop the pre spent first level though, but I guess with only 4 of them it helps with the cost/benefit analysis.

Was hoping they'd use greater tokens of the twelve for ITR/ETRs, but with their huge push into FR and exploitober happening it'll probably be something new. I really loved the old heart mechanic, even if you got no seals/shards/scrolls from the quest you still got some tokens that were always useful. It got me to run plenty of quests with people where I needed nothing at all loot wise as I always wanted more tokens. Something like that again would be rad.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Pure Clerics are still kind of crap IMO, don't worry about spell pen too much as in harder content it wont work no matter how much effort you put into it. Similar thing with spell damage, some of the things you get in EDs help out but the cooldowns on them mean you can't really spam it, so you have to do some meleeing to get by if you don't want to be a healbot with the occasional CC/nuke.

So you kind of want to pick up melee feats as well as caster ones, the good caster feats for a battle cleric are:
Quicken: never fail casting and cast faster, awesome stuff
Emp Heal: more pos spell power, so pretty nice. Think it's the only meta that buffs auras so really should get if you go for radiant aura(you should)
Emp Spell: more spell power is always nice
Maximize: same as above

For melee stuff you have to pick some DPS feats, so TWF, THF, etc. and with all the changes figure out what stat to use for to hit and damage as well. Sounds like you want to go sword(mace) and board with a mace but be wisdom based? I think there are better options personally. Generally speaking 17 cleric levels is all you need so you have 3 levels to play with, well two with PDK. Some good splits pre U19 were 2 monk/fighter/paladin and 1 monk/fighter/wizard, not sure where things are now though. For example 2 wiz could be good for eld knight stuff but haven't really looked at it.

If you're going wis based /2 monk/1 fighter is very solid, wisdom for stunning fist and war priests good melee stuff, Ameliorating Strike and Smite Weakness benefit more from TWF. If you're really set on that mace though I'd recommend taking Shield Mastery and Improved Shield Mastery for the doublestrike and start with something like 15/8/14/10/16/14 for stats.

Woden fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 12, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Max and Empower increase your spell damage for stuff like blade barrier, cometfall and divine punishment, you can toggle them on or off for specific spells too so no need to go all with metas on stuff like heal/mass heal. They also buff your positive energy burst for free as well as some ED abilities, well worth it if you can fit them in.

What about 17 cleric/1 wiz/2 fighter? Wiz gets you a meta feat and some nice little buffs(that you probably will fail half the time because of ASF issues) and an extra 1% doublestrike from EK. So like 11 feats at level 20, not sure if Imp Shield Bash is working yet but it could be cool for this sort of build. Get a bash of 20% +15% from Stalwart +20% from Madstone shield =55%, seems decent on paper.

So maybe:
max, emp, emp heal, quicken = 4
shield mastery, imp shield master, bash? = 3
imp crit bludgeon(works for shields and maces, sweet!), PA = 2

Leaves 2 feats for other stuff you might want, don't know why you're taking extra turns as a feat when you can grab endless turning from RS and get by fine.

Woden fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 13, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
You can get Divine Might on a /2 paladin splash if you're willing to burn a twist of fate for it, so that'd open up other stuff like 12 sorc/6 pally/2 monk or w/e.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Bane of Undeath, tier 1 from US ED gives Turn Undead.

Yeah it's dumb that clerics get DM at level 1 and it only costs 1 AP per tier compared to pallys that need to spend 5AP to open it and then 2 AP per tier, it should be the other way around but what can you do. You can get away with only tier 2 of it if you're strapped for AP, it's fast to cast and with enough cha you shouldn't run out of charges.

So 6 wiz and 2 pally are set right? Guessing AP are looking something like this then:
31+ EK for tensers
11+ AM for SLAs
11+ Bladeforged for recon SLA

So 27 points for other stuff at minimum, if you're taking stunning blow that's another 3 AP in Bladeforged for tactics. Just wanted to get an idea is all, as APs are a pretty relevant resource now so it'd help flesh things out.

Bladesworn is only 24 secs + 6 secs per divine level, so with only 6 pally that's 1 min out of every 10 that it'd be up. Not sure if you can mix and match divine classes to get more out of it either, like would 2 pally + 12 fvs = 108 or 96 secs?

Woden
May 6, 2006
I did a dex acrobat TR without knowing about that cheat, so painful. :(

After trying so many different ways to get a decent Celestia wielding NS I think I'm just going to give up and go 15 mnk/4 fvs/1 fighter PDK and use fists most of the time. Quivering Palm is retardedly good and so is Stunning Fist, could probably fit in Zen Archery too for some weak sauce pew pewing. Saves will kinda suck but meh, one dead/stunned mob every 3 seconds, renew and ~400ish heals coming in every 15secs should mostly cover it.

Really liked the idea of a tanky 10 mnk/6 pally/4 fvs too and might still try it if U20 is too far away or I finally get FoT gloves, but more monk = more better it seems sadly.

Woden
May 6, 2006
We don't know yet, and the Dev's aren't saying. 1.25 Epic TRs per large bag sucks, guessing the drop rates are going to vary wildly.

Comms of Valor are BTC, old Hearts from tokens are BTC and don't stack. Argh, no way to prepare for this change other than prepping a few sagas, hope the saga dudes don't go away again.

Edit: Wow, 17 comms for an EH Web of Chaos / Sschindylryn / Demon Web saga. Hopefully placeholder.

Woden fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 19, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Rolling for stats? If they're only keeping one thing from DnD why the hell would you pick probably the worst thing, would rather they brought back THA0 god drat.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Still no word about the saga grinding, master trollage whoever thought to post that stuff up on a Friday afternoon.

What's a good place to slot masters gift for lowbies? Guessing craftable item.

Woden fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 20, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Comms of valor can only be spent on hearts though right? They're still going to be a PITA to farm in that case, tokens/comms are starting to feel like the old leveling sigils.

Noricae posted:

I wish Bards would get more buffs; it's the second class I really wanted to play but it's so painfully unbalanced to solo with or duo with any other melee.
The biggest issue I had with bards was getting groups on the same page as you. Need to group up for songs, not have retards cleave groups of fascinated mobs etc., once you get it down though I found them to be pretty solid. Similar DPS to a paladin but with better healing, can hold/ottos single mobs for beatdowns and fascinate means you can skip a ton of of tedious monster mashing. Did the enhancement pass wreak them or am I just wearing rose coloured glasses?

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

How so? They're specifically designing them so that you don't have to spend a ton of time to get a Heroic Heart, and Iconics/Epic hearts take a little longer to get (since you spend more time doing Epic Saga capable quests). If you're running on EN only it'll probably feel pretty grindy, but doing EH isn't that hard and EE/TE is viable at 28 if not sooner. Of course it's possible they could gently caress it up and make it so you need to run all EE saga-counting quests 6 times to get a single Iconic Heart, let alone an Epic one, but that doesn't jive with what we've seen of the general design philosophy, they're lovely coders (to be fair to them, they're working on a mess of a codebase that's 10+ years old) not malicious.
When I'm lucky enough to be TRing with guildies we usually do once and done EE while leveling, they're pretty well balanced for group play at level but who knows what epic past lives will do to that. Might be mostly soloable and better xp/min like heroic TRs are now, point is if I have to do more than once and done EEs(like I do for heroic TRs) I wont be happy.

Tokens had an opportunity cost with augments, I forgot about the XP tokens from sagas so the same is true of comms when you look at the xp you're losing, guess it should be fine. And what I mean about leveling sigils they were an arbitrary block to get you to buy stuff from the store to allow your character to progress(or go grind), hearts feel the same way. TRing is simple character progression for a lot of people.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah exactly, 1.5k or whatever TP is a lot and I'd never pay it. I do pay for augs and stuff because 150tp or w/e feels like nothing. Guess the bean counters know what they're doing though, because those Ottos boxes and the like seem popular.

Heal scrolls are still uber, they get rid of a ton of bad effects some of which will just eat up a cocoon before it does anything special. Spending SP on heal seems wasteful if you have cocoon and some cures though, when I see myself getting a heal for 4k or the like I just shake my head.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 22, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Mabar is back up and only slightly less laggy than before, guessing it'll get worse as more people get online and hit it.

Lamania is also getting updated ATM, hopefully the loot from the new quests will be up but who knows.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Isn't it 18 AC, +27 at level 30 once maxed out for a total of 45? Very grindy to max out for sure, but that's a pretty big chunk. I sit at around 70 AC and see the occasional misses on EEs, for the the middling EEs +6 +2AC(3 PLs) might actually be better than +3 dodge(3 Shadar-Kai PLs) especially if you get some sort of +x% bonus to AC.

So with Iconics I can only get one stance from any of them? Hmm, not really liking that, thought that Iconics were going to be a new cheap way for Turbine to add new races so once we get like 10 of them the one stance only thing would kind of suck. When you ITR do you get to pick the first level or do we need to burn a +1 heart of wood to change it? Still not sure how that works.

Some new items are up, the new augments look interesting. Blue slot one that has a 2% heal proc on getting hit that also damages enemies and a red aug with addy bypass, Destruction weapon effect and 3d6 rust damage to constructs. I'd have linked the images straight here but SA auto changes image shack to image shanty/barn for some reason.

Woden fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 25, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
18 AC at level 1 and only 27 at level 30 seems kind of broken, why even bother with the scaling AC if it's so tiny?

Really glad there's no +DCs, +spell pen and only +3 saves. The end boss in EE WGU casts flesh to stone with a DC of around 77, that's insane. If they had to re tweak that in 6 months because people who TRed a ton had +15 or w/e to saves that'd bump him into the 90s, and they'd do it the lazy way by just increasing his CL. So more HP, higher saves, better damage etc.

Whatever happened to getting more twists from TRing? Can't seem to find anything about that still being in but probably just missed it.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Awesome, thanks. They also said something about the Karma carrying over if you grab an Iconic PL instead of an Epic PL or was that just about when U20 hits? Hopefully that'd mean if I max out all EDs before U20 I could just bounce between ITRs and ETRs while staying as a LD or whatever I could still grab say 5 arcane EPLs. And for other people it'd mean they could just do a few daily VoN3s and eventually get a divine EPL over a few lives rather than grinding it all in one life, or am I mis-remembering again?

Edit: so many dev posts in the last day it's hard to colate it all in my head.

Woden
May 6, 2006
On Lama it was one +5 tome per life, so shenanigans with hearts could mean more than one per toon but who knows if that made it to live.

Woden
May 6, 2006
It's by sphere not ED, so if you hate LD but are cool with Shadowdancer all is good. You can also just take an Iconic PL instead from what I can tell, so if you do a Shiradi Arti and don't want a Primal PL for whatever reason you can just take the Iconic one instead(only for Iconic races of course).

Edit: If they just add a search field to TR cache all my inventory woes would be gone forever, really really hope they keep it in.

Woden fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Already maxed out character and bank slots, and right on the limit for BTC things again. If another big pack comes out I'm screwed.

Oh and I love those Shadar-Kai dudes, once you get a feel for it they're not so devastating and it'll never not be funny when someone gets torn up by them. Espescially if you sleetstorm/dance them first. Those Howlers though can gently caress right off, spamming stuns a billion times a second until you fail the save then tear you a new one.

• Locked thread