Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006
Gnomes look pretty weak, not sure if I can justify the AP spend on what looks like a mostly shuffled around halfling tree with some SLA's.

+4 dodge and 3 dodge cap/max dex is ok.
Hammer profs right off the bat as well as +1 competence to critical range for light hammer/pick/mace/crossbow/repeater and short bow/sword. Would be good if the imp crit nerf didn't bury hammers but may still be alright for artis and rogues.
Color spray is garbage, silence, daze and/or blind for 10 secs.
Boulder toss is also garbage, 20d4 with a ref save against int +20.
For the dragonmark you get enchant weapon, symbol of flame and a symbol of stun that uses illusion for a DC and will saves.

Edit: Past life is 3 MRR for the passive and +5 acid spell power and +1 illusion per stack of the active. I miss read how it worked on the TR screen.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Past life is actually +3 MRR per stack for the passive and +5 acid spell power and +1 illusion DC per stack for the active. The TR screen was worded different but once you TR that's what you have.

Guess next life will be deep gnome warlock and then the one after too.

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Yeah that's what I said above! It's a pretty solid past life, just sucks having to play a gnome =-p

You kept editing though so I missed it :/

MRR is getting pretty crazy, I thought the 100 cap from light armour and 50 from robes would last a while but it's getting pretty blown out. Like 38 from the newish armour, 18 from PLs, 2 from tome and you're at 58 before even looking at whatever you get from your trees, shields, insightful, quality or mythic.

Oh and gnomes look awesome so I don't get the problem, if the Iconic was a rogue or monk it'd easily be my new favourite race.

Woden
May 6, 2006
So the anniversary freebie box lets you pick from a list of raid items plus some junk, all BTC. Here's the list:

mantle or the worldshaper
voice of the master
minos legends
some tome of legends turn ins
quorforged docent of battle
eardweller

hellfire crossbow
kundarak delving boots
7 finger gloves, shining crescents, chattering ring, belt of brute strength
chaosblade, marilith chain
gauntlets of eternity, madstone bootsring of lies
tharnes goggles, leviks defender
litany of the dead, staff of the petitioner, unwavering ardency, quiver of alacrity
antipode, balizadre, celestia, cleaver, needle, pinion, sireth
tovens hammer
epic helm of the red dragon
divine vengence

All one per character and since it's a turn in guessing you can't sit on it forever unlike the old boxes.

There's also one grindy quest with a similar setup to how mabar was, level 30 items need 200 widgets and you only get 8 per run maximum. No explorer killing needed, only the one widget and only the one quest it seems. here is a link to the new loot, think there'll be more but so far looks mostly skippable.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Only items I don't have from that list are: hellfire crossbow, staff of the petitioner, unwavering ardency, 7 finger gloves, chattering ring or tovens hammer. Hmmm, maybe go for the gloves even though I'm pretty much done with low level heroics? IDK.

Oh yeah, there was a bug with quivers in that you could craft a BTA arrow, put it in the quiver which would then make the quiver BTA. So you may be able to roll up an alt and steal its quiver, still need an Abbot seal for the upgrade to striding though.

Woden fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 21, 2016

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'm guessing all the items are their normal variant unless specified otherwise. Which is why at least half of the items there are pretty pointless.

Yeah, it's the normal hellfire xbow that drops like 10 times every chrono run. The wiki is slowly filling in all the data.

Woden
May 6, 2006

quote:

I've just double-checked with QA on this and here's the lowdown: Any existing character that logs in when the event is active following the release of Update 30 will get a 10th anniversary token, which can be redeemed through an NPC in House Phiarlan for one of the anniversary items. Additionally, any new character created during the time the event is active will get a token when they log into the game world for the first time. Once the event is no longer active, characters will no longer receive tokens when they log in, and the NPC will not be available.

Hope they didn't mess up and put any good BTA or unbound loot in that list. :catstare:

Also looks like we all get a free character slot, pretty nifty.

Woden
May 6, 2006
U30 is the 29th.

They've also turned on almost every event, bonus, added all the store rares and added double bonus points right now.

quote:

Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:

+30% Guild Renown
+5% XP bonus per Party Member
Double Mysterious Remnants
+1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
+20% Challenge Rewards
+10% Heroic and Epic XP

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Don't be like me and spend your token. They're adding a couple more things shortly.

quote:

A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I'm so indecisive, I wish they'd let me keep this ticket and have it work forever like the raid boxes and other cakes. :/

Robe of ice:

Other cool thing about cosmetics is you can craft on 10 fire or cold resistance onto some of them. Hopefully it works for this cosmetic but not sure, personally I'm never giving up my ragged rags.

Woden
May 6, 2006
All boring but needed changes.

I think they dropped Anauroch in part because of all the duping--it was supposed to be a companion raid for the fire peaks/shadow dragon raids, expanding on that crafting-- and in part because of the mixed response to those two dragon raids.

Woden
May 6, 2006
It's a pretty good grab bag of random stuff, there's the saves thing, some sneak dice, an aura that debuffs enemies and some SLAs like cause serious wounds, command undead(?), bless and the like.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Agreed, it's also a huge PITA trying to figure out what gear to slot where with all these new effects that do the same thing on gear with a shitload of different mutations.

Haven't played in ~4 months but none of these changes make me want to come back.

Woden
May 6, 2006
New race in the works. :woop:

quote:

kobold or dragonborn

:yikes:

Woden
May 6, 2006
People have been asking for kobolds on the DDO forums forever, I don't know why but a lot of people over there like them.

Was hoping for Aasimar, Tieflings or maybe even some new warforged like the scout or juggernaut.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Glad to hear they're still planning on doing Tiefling and Aasamir, and that this is just for anniversary fun. I only read the producers letter so missed the actual poll so cheers.

Also more character bank slots, this may actually get me to come back to the game. Deleting raid items isn't fun even if they're junk now, as long as it isn't outrageous I'll gladly pay to hoard.

Game_Whino posted:

drat. Kobold would have been amazing as a playable race, or atleast it would have been fun for the first 7 levels.

-4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution and a small race.

Do you like rays of enfeeblement and walking slow that much?

Woden
May 6, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if a barbarian or whatever out DPSes a monk with wraps now.

At least they fixed stances I guess.

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Yeah, I think anti-exploit was the closest thing they've said. And that since most quests can just be re-run quickly, it's not normally a huge issue. But I agree with you, it's unlikely to exploited in any meaningful way, and a couple minutes is plenty to discourage spamming it.

The 10 minute cooldown stops people from really looking into exploits with it, if it was down to 1-2 mins it'd probably see a bit more action.

With Reaper mode being that tough there's even more reason to look for exploits.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Gammon posted:

Should mention he was level 20, group was 20-23, but only 4 of us and doing EE. I did see some fireballs, but also lots of blue hexes so presumably many saves as well.

Sounds like DC issues, plenty of sorcs I knew wouldn't touch EE instead opting to steamroll EH about as fast as I could run through the dungeon.

Edit: You can build a sorc that can handle EE's but why bother when EH is a joke, only reason to make a EE capable sorc is if you want to keep playing it at end game.

Woden fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Got a guild member that has almost every reincarnation done on multiple characters, he deleted all his sub level 20 gear a while ago since it was useless to him. :xd:

I wish they front loaded like all the other TR types instead of backloading, I'd be down for 10 TR's plus a few extras for specific things but 30 is a bit much.

• Locked thread