Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Note to little kids everywhere: If you put your month-old white chocolate easter bunny in a frying pan you will not end up with delicious vanilla cream. Even though they're both kind of the same color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

The Door Frame posted:

I learned why people say to wear gloves when preparing habeneros, by taking out my contacts 3 hours and several soap washes later and still managing to burn my eyes. Pasta was good though
This is me roughly 80% of the time that I cook with fresh peppers. In 20 years I'll either have burned my eyes right out of their sockets or built up an immunity.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

Curry powder is a traditional part of Northern European cooking (UK, Germany, Scaninavia, the Netherlands).

It has nothing to do with Indian curry dishes. Swedish chicken in curry sauce is boiled chicken in a bechamel seasoned with chicken broth and curry powder. It's an old fashioned dish, the sort of thing a grandma would cook.

The version kids usually get at camp around here has a helpless can of fruit salad dumped on top of it (probably to cut back on the chicken). Groooooooss.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I found a picture of what I was referring to after remembering that it's called Riz Casimir. It's appearantly a Swiss concoction introduced after World War II.

Watery flavorless gravy meets watery flavorless fruit bits and some chicken. The recipe calls for no other spices that curry powder and a little salt.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 7, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I once melted a plastic spatula into a skillet filled with leftover ravioli. Fell asleep on the chair right next to the stove. Threw the whole mess in the trash, then went to bed still hungry, still drunk, and super disappointed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I used to have a roommate that would throw whatever was at hand across the room whenever she'd get mad. Don't loving do this regularly, it's a great way to make everyone in your life hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

pumpinglemma posted:

I can't even see how to do the second one without either lighting the pasta on fire by hand or only adding the water after the pasta has already caught.
tiny pot + way too much gas, my roommate has done this on several occasions.

Either that or the other one where she just forgets about her pasta or rice until the water has boiled away and the pot has to be taken outside and shot.