Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I live right up next to a really great stretch of New England forest and have a ton of diverse birds at our feeder and in the woods beyond. I am also a fairly decent amateur woodworker and I think it would be fun to build and put up some birdhouses on the property.

What I'd like to know are if there are any good resources for optimal sizes/dimensions for birdhouses for different types of birds along with advice on where to place them to be most likely to be used? I don't care about these being ornamental or interesting looking per se, just more looking for some set of parameters of "you have wood thrushes and they want something roughly this size mounted this height and away from x,y,z etc if possible. Any info out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU