Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pestilent Liebe
Jun 17, 2004

The mousy girl screams, "Violence! Violence!"

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm more of a Wildlife photographer than a birder, but a UK goon checking in. I have to say those of you in the New World have it easy; your birds are way less timid.

Ospreys are mostly likely seen 100m on a reserve, and you're not allowed any closer. Our Golden eagles go out of their way to avoid human activity, so if you are lucky enough to see one it'll be a far away speck soaring high above the most remote parts of Scotland. Plus I'm jealous of your wilderness. Living in the south east of England, I basically have access to urban areas, farmland, or carefully managed natures reserves in which you're under strict orders to stay to well-trodden paths.

Not to mention your wolves, coyotes, bears, beavers,.... Our landed gentry shot all of ours.

You guys have some amazing marine birds (my personal fave) and adorable waxwings. Not to mention foxes and pet barn owls!

I went from having easy access to the Salton Sea flyway to not knowing where the gently caress to go other than Central Park in NYC. There is too much people traffic at the park to make it worthwhile. Any remote suggestions?

Also, having just stumbled upon this thread, I remembered how awesome sage grouses are and that amazing "plop" noise they make. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0M8pZnNlnI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU