Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The best one is blank. Blew my mind as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You can go to any of the paths right away, but they're hidden fairly well.

I'm pretty sure there is one you can't do until your second playthrough, but it's the only one.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Hey guys we finally did that re-take. I'm probably going to have some guests for the alternate paths since I feel the group itself has already said most of the stuff they have to say about Wario Land 2.

First up with guesting is Skippy Granola

Treasure/Map Progress

Also:

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 17, 2014

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
If you haven't beaten the game already it takes at least 30 seconds of just sitting there asleep to trigger that path. I think it's pretty neat that they at least let you access these secret levels right off the bat, though.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
The red thing looks like a Daruma Doll or something. I don't know it's a mess of pixels, I'm not even sure what half the other stuff is. Most of this stuff doesn't seem like treasure but knowing Wario he'll get a good price for it some how.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Since Future Friend said that the credits are different, but didn't say how, the difference is that since different paths end earlier than other ones, Wario traverses less terrain in the credits.

Except for the path off the first level, since he's already in bed back asleep by the time credits roll.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

FutureFriend posted:

Hey guys we finally did that re-take. I'm probably going to have some guests for the alternate paths since I feel the group itself has already said most of the stuff they have to say about Wario Land 2.

First up with guesting is Skippy Granola

Even though it isn't relevant yet, have fun with the Ruins, yo.
But yeah, the final boss for that path just was hard as balls for me. Dunno why, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doc Brown didn't sell Plutonium to the Libyans, he stole it from them to power the flux capacitor. Duh.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

evilspacehopper posted:

The red thing looks like a Daruma Doll

Yeah, I think it's that since I remember seeing that thing pop up lots of times in the franchise.

Bruceski posted:

Doc Brown didn't sell Plutonium to the Libyans, he stole it from them to power the flux capacitor. Duh.

Sure whatever, that's totally what he wants you to believe.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

FutureFriend posted:

Sure whatever, that's totally what he wants you to believe.

They only gave it to him because he said he'd make a nuclear bomb out of it. As for when he didn't, well, that's what the VW van full of assault rifles and RPG's was for.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

On a very special episode of the Wario LP:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

On a very special episode of the Wario LP:

I can't believe you just left that Jade Skull sitting there. C'mon FutureFriend, step up your game. This is just embarrassing.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
I don't normally get mad at you for being bad at games but jesus loving christ use the sidewalks what is wrong with you.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Mr DJB posted:

I don't normally get mad at you for being bad at games but jesus loving christ use the sidewalks what is wrong with you.

...Wrong thread? :v:

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Mr DJB posted:

Normally that's the best strategy, but walking in the road gets you bonus points; if you can avoid the cars, that is.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
What's the best foot order to use? L R L R L R seems to work okay, but I hear the speedrunners have a more efficient method.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ponzicar posted:

What's the best foot order to use? L R L R L R seems to work okay, but I hear the speedrunners have a more efficient method.

It's called arm pumping, look it up.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ponzicar posted:

I think they just do it faster. Maybe lean forward, deliberately going off balance.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
QWOP with farty GameBoy music.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Serious talk: is Wario Walking really some sort of precursor to all the useless smartphone apps you see these days?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Serious talk: is Wario Walking really some sort of precursor to all the useless smartphone apps you see these days?

It's some sort of tech demo, I believe.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TheMcD posted:

It's some sort of tech demo, I believe.

The only info I could find was kind of vague but yeah it's a tech demo made to showcase how you can get lots of movement on the screen without straining the CPU.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?
Future gently caress, I can't believe you're telling me how to spend MY money!

http://www.patreon.com/user?u=123787

I'll show you what fore, ya dingbat!

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

More like PRESENT WARIO!

Back me up guys!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TheJayOfSpade posted:

More like PRESENT WARIO!

Back me up guys!

Yeah, right. Fight the power. :geno:

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Hey Jay, FutureFriend is producing these 22 Years of Wario videos for nothing, so the least we can do is help pay his LP wages!

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Mr DJB posted:

Hey Jay, FutureFriend is producing these 22 Years of Wario videos for nothing, so the least we can do is help pay his LP wages!

Don't give me that poo poo! He's got a house on the moon! Or if canon is to be believed a very sizable mansion on Earth!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mr DJB posted:

I agree, every single video game he's ever paid for is now a valid LP expense, and as such, he deserves all the money possible for this LP!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's interesting and completely fitting that Wario unlocks a new path through the game by being lazy.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

We couldn't find Holidae and Loon, but gently caress it it's been like a month since I updated so here's a new Wario Land 2 update:

Treasure/Map Progress

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

For the next path, you're going to show off the technically optional boss, right?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

For the next path, you're going to show off the technically optional boss, right?

Oh yeah, of course. There is absolutely no reason I shouldn't show off.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It just dawned on me, when you get to Warioware Smooth Moves you're going to have to use a webcam to show us you playing. Maybe also for twisted.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
A giant ugly beast like Wario doing a Sailor Moon transformation?

This is probably the closest you're going to get in terms of 'giant uggo does Sailor Moon'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlH8PTijzA

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I made a thing and I'm not sure why.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again. And FutureFriend will be in that room playing Wario forever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question.

Will you be playing Wario's story in Dr. Mario 64. It's really well done and expands on Wario's character greatly and isn't really dumb.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Question.

Will you be playing Wario's story in Dr. Mario 64. It's really well done and expands on Wario's character greatly and isn't really dumb.

I will always use a chance to discover the psychological profile of Wario.

Might cover it in a bonus video sometimes.

TheMcD posted:

I made a thing and I'm not sure why.

It is a great and beautiful thing. I've shown it to Emcee and he constantly lives in terror now.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again. And FutureFriend will be in that room playing Wario forever.

a hundred years of wario dot com

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Wario's underground train has some killer tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzfdtStX3qk

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wario is so rich he has his own subway.

• Locked thread