Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There's so much subtle trolling in the opening from the very first shot.

It's an EXTREMELY 'I learned how to do this from Akiyuki Shinbo!' opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Shimoneta?

I honestly don't know what to expect.

Hopefully not love nectar.

InfinityComplex posted:

Man that intro makes it looks like an old fashion Harem anime. Also no Santa.

edit: I reiterate: That intro and ending makes it look like an old fashion harem anime. Still no Santa.

They've clearly written Santa out in favor of Mizore given Mizore doesn't even show up until like Chapter 90.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I won't back down. ONE OR NONE!!!!

I could never choose just one

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Angry Grimace posted:

They've clearly written Santa out in favor of Mizore
destroy them

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Santa never does anything, and neither does Mizore, but Mizore is related to Ayaka and wants to bone Touta, so I'm guessing that is why they made that choice.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh hey, we're back to what made this thing cool originally: multi-murder fight scenes.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

About goddamn time. This chapter owned

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Was not expecting a The Gamer crossover, but it makes perfect sense. :v:

EDIT: Also it looks like the anime is skipping the mechanic girl too?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 10, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
She's there. In the maid outfit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well it'd been implied he had a respawn ability, but it seems he has the full gamer package.

Too bad this world isn't as accommodating as The Gamer's. :v:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Kyte posted:

Well it'd been implied he had a respawn ability, but it seems he has the full gamer package.

Too bad this world isn't as accommodating as The Gamer's. :v:

Given the videogame power-set, and Kirie already having save points, he probably has something like "lives" or "continues" that let him re-spawn.

Akamatsu continues to provide some of the best fight scenes in current manga. He's amazingly good at conveying super-fast movement without making the action impossible to follow.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just binged through the last ten or so chapters since I hadn't read in a few months.

Kirie getting trolled constantly was good, all the fights are good, finally getting a proper ending to Negima drat near made me cry, and getting back to basics with some ruthless deaths in the middle of combat ala last chapter was good.

Really though I still miss Negima so much. UQ Holder is trying but it's not there yet, and given the flashback is basically spelling out how to beat the big bad in this timeline I'm suspecting that the rest of the series is gonna be heading in that direction so the mythical "character development" I've been craving will seemingly never materialize the way I want it to. Oh well. At least we'll get some good fights before the end.

Also I can't help but notice that because of timeline fuckery, we know who Negi ends up with in timeline A but not timeline UQ, so we technically still don't know who Touta's grandmother/alternate Negibowl winner is.

Seems the anime already has five episodes so I'll check that out sometime this week.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Just binged through the last ten or so chapters since I hadn't read in a few months.

Kirie getting trolled constantly was good, all the fights are good, finally getting a proper ending to Negima drat near made me cry, and getting back to basics with some ruthless deaths in the middle of combat ala last chapter was good.

Really though I still miss Negima so much. UQ Holder is trying but it's not there yet, and given the flashback is basically spelling out how to beat the big bad in this timeline I'm suspecting that the rest of the series is gonna be heading in that direction so the mythical "character development" I've been craving will seemingly never materialize the way I want it to. Oh well. At least we'll get some good fights before the end.

Also I can't help but notice that because of timeline fuckery, we know who Negi ends up with in timeline A but not timeline UQ, so we technically still don't know who Touta's grandmother/alternate Negibowl winner is.

Seems the anime already has five episodes so I'll check that out sometime this week.

It's sort of Asuna. Touta isn't an actual descendent of Negi - he's a clone that was given Asuna's powers.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
This is escalating very quickly and I love it. also holy poo poo, old lady is so broken

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well :rip: that girl. Also yeah, Dana rules.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
...God Dammit Ken

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So is this only on crunchyroll still? Honestly, my interest in UQ Holder might be what gets me to subscribe.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
... okay sure, why not

... OKAY, SURE, WHY NOT

Am I right in thinking this is partly the whole underclass uprising thing that was hinted at waaaaay back in the first mission where they had to protect a church?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, yeah, that happened. Dana is loving rediculous and I loving love it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Immortals being super blase about fighting never gets old.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Immortals fighting is way more fun than regular old fighting.

Shinjobi posted:

So is this only on crunchyroll still? Honestly, my interest in UQ Holder might be what gets me to subscribe.
Well there's always places that :filez: the crunchy release, but yeah nobody else's doing it.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I ignored the laws of perspective." :allears:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dana owns

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

lmao @ Gengoro having "Mario blinks after he is hit and is invincible while blinking" as an ability.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Jinbei, Gengorou, and especially Dana are ridiculously powerful.

It seems with them Touta and the others should easily be able to take out Lifemaker.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I swear, if that hand is doing what I think it's doing...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Are we supposed to recognize that hand?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sorry, what hand?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Is that Cutlass' hand?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PerrineClostermann posted:

I swear, if that hand is doing what I think it's doing...

It totally is.

If they have enough information to discover Kirie's power, then they have enough information to sabotage it. Would make sense to target her in some way, since she's a large part of the reason team Negi didn't instantly win last time. Watch as this whole missile business turns out to be just a distraction.

My question is why didn't they have Tota kiss Kirie and stop time? Get all the time in the world to stop the missile that way.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Being Kirie is suffering

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I really don't see the problem here. Even if the switcheroo has a range of only 350 metres, they used it the chapter before to get the bombs in range of Kuromaru's sword so he could slice 'em up. Can't they do the same? Or have Tota turn on his lightning mode, approach the bomb at lightning speed, and punch through it? There's dozens of scenarios where the bomb doesn't go off.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not too perturbed by it, the bomb they dealt with was intended to be dealt with. I can easily imagine that the second one isn't going to let them do something crazy without a detonation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's probably not going to stick but it'd be kinda awesome if they committed and Cutlass really did eat it

Also reconfirming a Kyrie win yay

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean how could anyone believe anything other than Kirie won like 5 chapters ago

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
With Ken's track record, I think it's fair to worry about it until the series ends.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
post the link

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Inflammatory posted:

post the link

Can't, it's on Crunchy Premium. Unless you go to one of the hosting sites, but that would be :filez:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm still rooting for Yukihime because she's the best, as seen here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Eva is better than Yukihime.

Eva > Kitty > Yukihime :colbert:

• Locked thread