Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It probably helps to have that out there when he's trying to land a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

My read on that diary is that Lady Comstock used to be a really lovely person with a lot of self-loathing, not unlike our friend Booker, and Comstock swept in and said "God loves and forgives you even if you are a terrible person" which helped her on the path to changing herself.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

If you interpret the coordinates as S12 E70 6', it puts them in the Indian Ocean, south of the Maldives.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I don't see the problem, Lin is his surname and Chen is a perfectly masculine given name for a Chinese person.

If it were the other way around it would be pretty feminine, yes.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Once I got the Charge tonic I started playing as if I were a Mass Effect Vanguard. Charge, shotgun to the face, rinse and repeat.

It only gets better when you get the upgrade that recharges your shield when you Charge someone.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Elizabeth is the second coming of Jesus, part of the trinity of the Father, the Daughter, and the Holy Ghost Mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Giggs posted:

I think part of the problem is that the writers left some things ambiguous in order to facilitate engagement, but they left too many significant things either optional or unexplained. If you found every Voxophone, paid attention to all the dialogue, noticed all the nose-bleeding/fuzzy-eyed moments and what caused them etc, the story should make sense. This is not the case. They set up this universe, explained a number of the rules that govern it, but then kinda just worked around them in places.

For instance, why would Chen Lin and those guards at the prison be all kooky from dying in alternate timelines? Everyone must be dead in other simultaneous timelines anyway, yet no one else is phase shifting and waxing philosophical.

I think it's because Elizabeth's tear-hopping there isn't actually traveling between alternate timelines so much as grabbing an alternate timeline and superimposing it on the existing one. That's why you get all the memory fuckery.

• Locked thread