Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
So, I recently volunteered and went to Alaska to help out with some disaster relief stuff in an ultra-tiny village on the western coast of AK with Team Rubicon.

TR is a disaster-relief org that's made up almost entirely of vets and fire/ems guys. Unfortunately, after we got to Alaska and had everything ready to go, the mission got scrubbed last minute because of crazy Alaskan weather, but everyone I met there was pretty awesome. They're currently deployed to the Phillipines, and a bunch of other CONUS places.

I realize this sounds cheesy, but it's a great way to meet some cool people, and help out and have a goddamn amazing time. Check it out:

http://teamrubiconusa.org/

e:posted the wrong link, sorry.

invision fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Fixed the link, I don't know what that other site is.

e: Also, I know, "hurr hurr volunteer firefighting", but if you're looking for something to do that's somewhat fulfilling, give being a vollie firefighter/emt a try. Just like the military, there's a lot of idiots and ultra-moto guys that have no reason to be, but there's also a lot of chill dudes that are good at their job. It'll get you out of the house, in shape if you're not a shitlord, and you get to do some cool poo poo that helps people at the end of the day.

invision fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 27, 2013

• Locked thread