Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

GoGoGadget posted:

My main question is, do I get any retirement pay in addition to the disability pay? I'm not expecting it at all, I would just like to know. Do I have pretty much every benefit of an actual 20 year retiree like Tricare, BX and commissary access, space a travel, etc? Does my wife get Tricare for life, as well? When the hell am I supposed to find this stuff out? My last day before PTDY and terminal leave is 6 Feb and I feel like I still don't know poo poo.

No one seems to know anything and every briefing I go to about retirement they just tell me that they don't deal with whatever questions I happen to have at that time. The best was the mandatory retirement briefing that only went over the survivor benefits plan (which, as I understand it, comes out of your retirement pay) couldn't tell me if I was even going to be getting retirement pay to have a survivor benefit plan attached to, but said I had to make a decision to sign up for it or not before my final out...wtf

Okay, so there's 2 ways to get paid both. One, is CRDP, which is if you manage to stick out your 20, and you get medically retired, or you retire and put in for va disability, you can get CRDP (both disability and retirement pay). It happens automatically, but unfortunately is not for you in your case.

The other way is CRSC, which is if whatever disability you have was caused in combat, or in training simulating combat, or by an "instrumentality of war". This means that you pick up your disability, and your retirement percentage from the army pro-rated. If memory serves, it goes like this.

military base pay x 60% x 0.75 = $4,000 (for example)

$4,000 / 20 * years of service = CRSC.

If you didn't get your heart problem in any of the above combat or combat like situations, sorry, but you don't get poo poo in that regards.

There are also things like Individual Unemployable (or something like that) where if you have a single disability rated at 60% or more that makes you unable to engage in meaningful work you can get the unemployable rating and get paid at the 100% rate.

Master Bateman posted:

Yeah apparently you can get a card to go to the px/ class 6 if you are 50% or more. Anyone know how to get that?

Should be the blue retiree card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread