Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

HClChicken posted:

Recently moved into a state that has many breed specific legislation. We have a dog that has been tested to have amstaff and german pointer. One thing about her is that people notice the bully traits (square face, tail, body shape). In addition she has very bully breed personally, very protective over her family and very loyal. The apartment we just moved into has BSL and doesn't apply because she's almost a mutt per the DNA testing we want to CYA.

She's gone through dog training, and we are doing more dog training to convert her to an apartment mindset instead of living in a house with a big back yard. Trying to teach her to not bark. Earlier today she was surrounded by a few dogs and she got very scared. She put her tail between her legs and then started barking at them. She didn't bite or hurt the other dogs but the owner of the three dogs started berating my wife "you are a bad person, you pot smoker, bad dog owner.." etc. Now we are both scared that because she looks like a bully and certain parts of Colorado are well known for stealing dogs and euthanize them without owner notification we are going to lose our dog because of bias.

That being said, this is my dog and this is the dog that I was really worried about while deployed. It really saddened me when I saw she was depressed and morose while I was gone. I really don't know what would happen if I lost my dog and so far I've read that you can get them certified as service/ companion animals and bypass this BSL. What type of information do you have for this process. I really don't want to lose my dog.

Hey, so, Colorado resident who owns a big dog aggressive psycho dog here. I have no idea where you got this information from, but it is certainly wrong as hell. People own all sorts of dogs here and they aren't getting stolen from them and euthanized randomly. I don't have the effort to fully deconstruct this post (although I probably should), but I guess the answer to your question is "uhhh, what the gently caress are you talking about".

edit: Here's a list of BSL in Colorado:

http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-colorado.php

It isn't followed at all. It isn't state-wide. It doesn't exist where you live. And more importantly, it doesn't allow the stealing and euthanizing of random dogs.

Captain Amerikkka fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread