Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

MaxPowers posted:

Why the gently caress would they want me to IRR muster in loving oregon when I live east of Seattle in WA? Seriously. This email from my COLLEGE ACCOUNT softly letting them know that " Hey...thats fuckn far and I aint doing it " will be enough to not have them upset at me.
I keep hearing two different sides. 1.) THEY WILL gently caress YOUR rear end in a top hat FOR NOT SHOWING UP. 2.) They dont loving care. Then the :tinfoil:.) They will recall you and stop loss you if you go! :tinfoil:

I went to the last one and it was good info and a quick two hundo for booze. But driving to OR? You are out of your god drat mind MC IRR.

Probably nothing will happen if you don't show, but if you want to be on the safe side call whatever number is on the muster thing and say you're out of state and can't come. Even better, say you're out of the country. I got a muster notice in 2008 while I was in Canada and called the number on the notice and explained to some LT that I was out of the country so I couldn't make it. He said no problem and that was that.

However, I did get IRR recalled a year later so maybe that LT put my name on a list that said "gently caress these no shows, recall immediately". I got snatched up in 2009 when they were apparently hurting for infantry NCOs to fill out natty guard units about to deploy. My recall group even had a marine dude in it and no one could figure out why he was there. The whole IRR thing is one big poo poo show and you never know what could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread