Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Yo I got my super cool retirement brief today and no matter how I phrased the question I have no idea what the lady was talking about.

Basically this is what was explained to me: Ten days before your retirement date your pay gets stopped and you are no longer under the control of DFAS Indianapolis, instead you are under DFAS Cleveland (lol browns) so there is a little bit of a gap between payments. At least that's how I understood it.

My retirement date is May 4. Will I receive my pay on May 1st? I would think so since my LES will come out before the ten days begins, but I'm just curious.

I'm also curious if I'm understanding this correctly or if I'm just a loving idiot.

Also I'm watching Get Rich or Die Tryin' with 50 Cent and there's a naked prison orgy shower scene if you guys are into that type of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Were you the guy who always wondered why he wasn't tasked out to do anything and would ask your squad leader about it?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Does the VA give a poo poo about weed

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When reading my retiree account statement on mypay, I don't have anything under the eras but I have a stub under my annual or changed retiree account statement. Is that where my stubs will be going?

And why is it $300 less than I was told? Because I wasn't actually out til the 4th?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
On ebenefits Does the amount that it shows I'm supposed to get paid on the 1st reflect back pay as well?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
You don't get any more money than what the disability percentage entitles you to, and its very rare that you can double dip, but you'll always get the higher amount. I believe a retiree ID entitles you to base access and the PX but I would rather get the clap than step foot on a mil post again so I'm not 100% sure.

Cole fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 21, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Bank info got stolen. Got a new bank account. Who do I contact about disability payments that might already be processed and going to that account?

This also applies to the GI bill.

Cole fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

It is already processed to go into the previous account. Changing my bank info won't retroactively change a direct deposit that is already processed.

I'm on hold with the VA education dept right now and have been for 15 minutes.

I've also been staring at 'please wait...' for the same amount of time on the VA chat website thing too.

• Locked thread