Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I figure this is probably the place to most likely have someone in my situation, so I'll ask here. I have only been in the AF for a little over four years but I am getting medically retired (as a SSgt without having to go to ALS) due to heart surgery. The AF gave me 60% and the VA gave me 70%, but that is pretty much all I know about this.

My main question is, do I get any retirement pay in addition to the disability pay? I'm not expecting it at all, I would just like to know. Do I have pretty much every benefit of an actual 20 year retiree like Tricare, BX and commissary access, space a travel, etc? Does my wife get Tricare for life, as well? When the hell am I supposed to find this stuff out? My last day before PTDY and terminal leave is 6 Feb and I feel like I still don't know poo poo.

No one seems to know anything and every briefing I go to about retirement they just tell me that they don't deal with whatever questions I happen to have at that time. The best was the mandatory retirement briefing that only went over the survivor benefits plan (which, as I understand it, comes out of your retirement pay) couldn't tell me if I was even going to be getting retirement pay to have a survivor benefit plan attached to, but said I had to make a decision to sign up for it or not before my final out...wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread