Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We thought that we had harnessed the power of twerking but it was too much for us to control and now it is destroying us. We were meddling with butt wiggles that white man was never meant to wield and it has doomed us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

^^this lead me to this (start at 1:40) vv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHi-DJS3a-U

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

She twerked so bad, man.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We thought that we had harnessed the power of twerking but it was too much for us to control and now it is destroying us. We were meddling with butt wiggles that white man was never meant to wield and it has doomed us all.

****Lab Report #122-T****

Lab Subject: WG-14
Base Subject Wiggluino level prior to test : Minimal.

Subject showed surprising promise with regards to cellular acceptance of Werkitite implants, but in practice the subject noted feelings of discomfort and rising heat in the implants even though monitoring equipment suggested normalcy. The test proceeded as normal until Wiggluino radiation shot up rapidly, far beyond levels previously observed in this lab, this proved too much for the subject. They lost their balance and fell onto the floor, Lab tech Williams tried to help, against standard lab protocol and the direction of his superiors, just as the Werkitite implants triggered a Wiggluino cascade. This caused the implants to first burst into flames then violently explode, taking the subject's life and causing burns to one side of Lab tech Williams' face. As such the subject died and Williams was sent to the infirmary. Test area was cleansed as per protocol. No other observations of note.

****End Report****

sixide
Oct 25, 2004
It's almost like some people have never been on fire before. It ain't that hard lady, you just put the goddamn fire out before it turns into a hospital trip.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

"This video is short, and we're 10 seconds in and nothing is happening, what can go wrong?"

:stare:

:catstare:

I really hope her roommate had the presence of mind to cover her in blankets as soon as the screen blacked out . . . :ohdear:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sixide posted:

It's almost like some people have never been on fire before. It ain't that hard lady, you just put the goddamn fire out before it turns into a hospital trip.

It's even worse for her since it looked like synthetic workout pants in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwPXEw8ew9o

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

It's even worse for her since it looked like synthetic workout pants in the video.

This is the dumbest thing. LOOK AT THOSE FIRE TEMPERATURES.

also

LOOK AT HOW FAST THAT BURNS *it goes out*

sixide
Oct 25, 2004
There are dangerous flammable synthetic clothes, but that shirt certainly wasn't one of them.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

rcman50166 posted:

also

Depends on the application. The worst part about the synthetic shirt is that it turns into molten goo when it gets hot enough, which turns your "oh poo poo I got burned" into something even more exciting.

I think the real issue with that video is that if he REALLY wants to reach this audience, he needs to show us some MERINO WOOL CLOTHING that you can look absolutely fabulous twerking in. :colbert:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zarin posted:

Depends on the application. The worst part about the synthetic shirt is that it turns into molten goo when it gets hot enough, which turns your "oh poo poo I got burned" into something even more exciting.

I think the real issue with that video is that if he REALLY wants to reach this audience, he needs to show us some MERINO WOOL CLOTHING that you can look absolutely fabulous twerking in. :colbert:

As long as it is form fitting and you have a shapely bottom it is perfect for twerking. Twerking is not overparticular in what it makes look fabulous, except for Miley Cyrus, she is ratchet.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Next white people craze: lighting yourself on fire while twerking. I'll bring it up at the next Purity Council. Let's do this, people!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Next white people craze: lighting yourself on fire while twerking. I'll bring it up at the next Purity Council. Let's do this, people!

Do the kids do the firetwerking at those rainbow parties?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pvt.Scott posted:

Next white people craze: lighting yourself on fire while twerking.

Next? Pffft, get with the times, gramps. Firetwerking is so last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxppm8c1Slw

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's just that Miley seems so sad. It's almost as if she knows that she has no talent and that this is what she has to do to stay relevant in some way. In a sense, she's right. Actually, she probably hasn't been more right about anything in her entire life. At a certain point someone with any self awareness should build an understanding of what fame is and how it can responsibly be harnessed and utilized to one's advantage, if that person is smart.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Animated for his and her pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiYyYjemKs

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

rcman50166 posted:

also

This guy's audience/customers are soldiers and security contractors, people who have to worry about being hit with sparks, high-temperature debris, incendiary rounds, or explosions that could ignite clothes. The worry about synthetic fabric igniting very quickly and melting to goop is a legitimate one.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

This is one of the best internet CG videos I have seen in a long time. This is up there with Rolleyes ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA )

Alan Smithee, did you create this? And if so, what software did you use? I like the "cartoon" effect that sells it. I needed this to kickstart my day, thank you.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

this is amazing

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Marenghi posted:

White women should just give up twerking. Nothing good comes of it.

I dunno, the first 10 seconds was actually pretty sexy. Once it gets to the rapid jiggling she lost me. Still, the end was worth it.

Honestly at what point did jiggling cellulose become sexy?

etalian posted:

On top of the open bottle of liquor and in the shot glass next to the open flames.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 8, 2013

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
some of my favs:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Spectacle Rock posted:

This is one of the best internet CG videos I have seen in a long time. This is up there with Rolleyes ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA )

Alan Smithee, did you create this? And if so, what software did you use? I like the "cartoon" effect that sells it. I needed this to kickstart my day, thank you.

Definitely not me. I wish I had such talents. You could probably do it in any 3D software package really. The "cartoon" effect is honestly just a lack of :effort: into making the models/textures. The Low effort look can be done quickly in any program like Maya, 3DS Max, or even the free one Blender really. The body animation is actually not that bad ironically. If I were to venture a guess they used either stock mocap files or something like a kinect which can actually give you decent results. Animating by hand, even something silly like this would be tedious as gently caress. Not to mention they seem to have a decent grasp of camera angles too. Ironically the person who made it probably knows what they are doing. As they say it's easier to break the rules when you know them inside out

If you google or youtube "pre-viz" animation you'll get something that looks not that far off. Production companies use pre-viz as a sort of proof of concept or animated storyboard, so they don't worry about polish. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a pre-viz artist

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 9, 2013

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Fog Tripper posted:

Honestly at what point did jiggling cellulose become sexy?

I think jiggling cellulose can be sexy. :shrug:

The problem is that she doesn't have anything to jiggle.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wizchine posted:

The problem is that she doesn't have anything to jiggle.

Well that explains why she stuck her tongue out so much, I guess. She was jiggling that quite a bit.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Wizchine posted:

I think jiggling cellulose can be sexy. :shrug:

Oh yeah baby jiggle that Cellulose! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECQMXTT_Yms

(humans have cellulite)

Very Nice Eraser
May 28, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

(humans have cellulite)

I prefer a full-bodied cellulose, not a watered-down lite.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Look at MEEEEEEE!

How many times and ways can this girl jump the shark?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

Look at MEEEEEEE!

It is a promo for The Hobbit Part 2.

e: Holy crap she has Chanel logos on all her jewelry. Is she their new spokeswoman or just really into the brand?

Machai fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 9, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Machai posted:

It is a promo for The Hobbit Part 2.

The "little person" to her credit has a nicer rear end than Miley.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Requesting a title change to Which minority will Miley twerk (with) next?

My guess is she twerks with a bunch of gay guys on stage next. That would be great.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Machai posted:

Requesting a title change to Which minority will Miley twerk (with) next?

My guess is she twerks with a bunch of gay guys on stage next. That would be great.

I suspect she is following this thread, so my money is on baboons. Humans are not ground breaking enough.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
[I'm getting a malicious url warning on this, so reupload it using a safe site - a mod]

Justin Bieber spotted

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 10, 2013

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

I suspect she is following this thread, so my money is on baboons. Humans are not ground breaking enough.

maybe some actual bears?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Machai posted:

e: Holy crap she has Chanel logos on all her jewelry. Is she their new spokeswoman or just really into the brand?

Being a rebel doesn't mean you have to give up your corporate sponsoring.

Which is why I think Miley Cyrus actually annoys me. It's like Disneyland revealing a gently caress The Man log float.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

etalian posted:

maybe some actual bears?

Nah, I am thinking baboons. Then she can sit with them and fling feces at concert goers during the encores.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
She even makes sure to use #vintagechanel when posting on twitter

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Fog Tripper posted:

Look at MEEEEEEE!

If you follow the links on this, apparently her new music video has her simulating sex with a wrecking ball, fully naked. And then swinging a sledgehammer, fully naked.

Also she spent *seven hours* in a dutch coffee shop! baby's first Amsterdam trip. (Don't follow the links, gently caress the Mail).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spangly A posted:

If you follow the links on this, apparently her new music video has her simulating sex with a wrecking ball, fully naked. And then swinging a sledgehammer, fully naked.

Also she spent *seven hours* in a dutch coffee shop! baby's first Amsterdam trip. (Don't follow the links, gently caress the Mail).

Howl long until she stars in a B-movie with James Deen?

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

nihil morari posted:

She even makes sure to use #vintagechanel when posting on twitter

She was actually going to be "thrust" back into mainstream fashion/stardom by being on the cover of Vogue magazine. The photos/spread was already taken and done, but then she literally hosed (twerked?) it all away with her video awards performance.

So now she's spent all her money on designer names for nothing. Except to show off while spanking twerking dwarfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

etalian posted:

Howl long until she stars in a B-movie with James Deen?

James Deen is an A-lister in my heart :allears:

• Locked thread