Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I think Flint's plan also hinged on the Man 'o War not being a normal Man 'o War, but instead being the Urca, which I assume would have had at least a couple of the guns removed to make room or weight available for gold? As I recall, he was decided at the last moment the ship they wound up attacking was the Urca, and was pretty obviously proven wrong on that as well. Might the plan have worked against the real Urca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Alchenar posted:

No, the whole thing with him announcing he was carrying Tobacco was him gambling that the ship was looking for the Urca and that he was therefore right about it being around. He wanted to take on a real Man 'o War and it was a really dumb idea.

That's right, I forgot about the tobacco ploy. That. . . was a dumb move, attacking the other ship. Made for a drat good moment though!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mans posted:

Vane also looks weird as gently caress. It's like every day was chest and back day and he kept forgetting about working on his legs.

edit: he's a very pretty boy, to be fair.

Apparently his workout routine is running a half marathon daily, stopping along the way to periodically do a fuckton of pull-ups, and it kind of shows; someone posted an article about it a while back.

• Locked thread