Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The "Batman is a vampire" trilogy is way better than it has any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
What If: Inferno: Wolverine eats a baby.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
One of my all time favorite What Ifs is What if Wolverine Became Lord of the Vampires?

The X-Men fight Dracula, but lose and get turned into vampires. Wolverine, being Wolverine, resists and kills Dracula:

Logan then himself becomes king of the vampires, slowly turning all the heroes and villains into vampires. Juggernaut takes out Dr. Strange by punching him so hard in the face his neck snaps, and the Eye of Agammotto and his cloak find the only man able to take the vampires down:

Then a bunch of this poo poo happens:

If you haven't read this, pick it up.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
There was this amazingly ridiculous issue of What If that I think was "What if Gambit betrayed the Xmen?"

Gambit leaves the Xmen to steal some box for Sinister. Rogue accidentally kills Gambit then kills Sinister. She then takes the opportunity to look in the secret box that Sinister wanted so badly and is shocked to find:

COMIC BOOKS. MARVEL COMIC BOOKS. In fact, that very issue is the first one to spill out. I have no idea what the gently caress was going on in that issue.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Mind Loving Owl posted:

I liked the idea of Marvel: The End. Basically the idea was to imagine the last stories of various characters, whether ending with their deaths or just their lives as we know them. My favourite was probably The Fantastic Four.

The Punisher one was PERFECT.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Somehow I don't think, "Go Avengers Go!" would have ever caught on.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Gavok posted:

Because they're killing off Uatu and the Age of Ultron What If will probably be dire as hell, here's 20 Uplifting Marvel What If Stories to distract us all.

What would you say is the most depressing What If of all time? I'd probably put Punisher kills Daredevil at the top.

Also, I find it hilarious that if Spiderman kept the extra four arms, they would let him be able to kick both Thanos AND Mephisto's asses. The irony is delicious.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I think one of my favorite's was What if X-Men lost Inferno, its just so stupidly metal.

Also, Wolverine eats a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

TwoPair posted:

e: ^^ beaten :argh:

Due to the requisite Age of Ultron time-whammy that starts every story, Steve Rogers dies during WWII and when his body is recovered it's just a corpse. America goes to poo poo and Tony Stark and the Illuminati are convinced it's because Captain America wasn't around to guide America to greatness. So they convince Frank Castle to become Captain America (Reed makes his own super-soldier serum), and Frank actually does do the job well. So well in fact, that America basically does the 50 State Initiative only with all Captain Americas, and even start sending a couple of international Caps to be diplomatic. Note that this is all played straight without an ounce of cynicism. The story ends with an aged Frank Castle (who has since quit being Cap) teaching a young girl who just worships him how to throw the shield using a trash can lid, then she grows up and joins the Captain Ameri-corps. (You can see in a group shot at the end there's a bunch of other Marvel heroes also all in variations of Cap's costume including Spider-Man (not dead!))

I felt it went down WAY too smoothly. How did Frank kill no one as Cap?

• Locked thread