Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Something that niggled me about the book, why did Martian Manhunter die? Couldn't he turn into a woman? He once turned into a Japanese teenage girl so I can't see why he didn't. And Billy Bastion probably could have survived in his Marvel form. Though then we'd have to deal with people wanting his DNA, ew.

The same reason Green Lantern's technology based ring failed in JLA: Act of God, plot necessity. It's a little extra stupid with Martian Manhunter though since he couldn't produce offspring with humans and his survival would have no effect on the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Injustice is basically a Marvel Now book with horrific art.

It's decent enough in the hardcopy but whoever they have hammering out the digital coloring and inking got hired for speed not talent.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

McSpanky posted:

It's Superfriends, it was all Superfriends.

And the over-correction of the Superfriends version. Most revamps of Aquaman have a serious case of the trying too hards which just re-enforces the Superfriends version.

Cyclops suffers the same fate from the X-Men cartoon he's stuck in this perceptual state of rebelling and "being bad-rear end" to try to throw off the Proffers X's boring butt monkey image left over from the show.

It's the kind of thing you can only really "fix" by ignoring and not acknowledging it ever existed.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WickedHate posted:

I think I know what you mean.

The least believable Elseworld/What If? would be a world where every comic writer in existence didn't decide they'd be the one to finally address the issue of Hank hitting Jan.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WickedHate posted:

Cracked wouldn't exist, because what's the point of "top ten weird things you didn't know" when you can look outside your car window everyday and see a flaming skeleton ride by.

Oh God, Valerie. :ohdear:

Actually, now I kind of do want to see a story where Sue confronts TV Tropes dweeps who obsess over her daughter.

"The entire management and user base of the website TV Tropes appear to have suffer simultaneous strokes across the nation today. Reaching out to the renowned Dr. Reed Richards for an explanation he is quoted as saying: "Probably Skrulls or something... excuse me I have to go talk with my wife." Next up an editorial from J.J. Jameson, Spider-Man's clear link to all cases of cancer"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

You set up Bruce to be the do anything it takes solider then at the end after finally he's gone off his nut and butchered a village Clark says "You're the dark side of this war" then Bruce steps out of the shadows and the fight has left craggy furrows in his face.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Urdnot Fire posted:

What If Batman Sucked at Superheroing: and we mean really, really sucked at superheroing?

Cover image, Batman giving that unconcerned "eh, whatca gonna do? poo poo happens." shrug waist deep in a pile of innocent bystander corpses.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The what if was really in spirit of the event "Welp that happened, let's ignore it"

I really should just stop bothering with What If?.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mind Loving Owl posted:

An Injustice Thread: What If We Talked Elseworlds As Well?

It's basically the only elseworlds left unless you count earth2.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I want Injustice to cover the video game plot, they have spun gold out of worse.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Martian Manhunter and Zatanna are DLCead

Martian Manhunter can do the whole scattered to atoms slowly reforming deal and Zatanna is magic, they don't stay dead.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gavok posted:

Yeah, my reaction was to roll my eyes and go, "Typical DC," until seeing the next panel and realizing the aftermath of the attack. That was messed up.

That was my reaction as well Now somebody catches him and he gets to be all angsty and... oh poo poo.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It'd be pretty in character for the other Guardians to just not give a drat. When enough lanterns fall or Ganthet falls the other Guardians are just going to write earth off and pull their forces back.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Before the reboot Barbra refused stuff that would fix her spine believing it wasn't fair for her to get special treatment because of who she was and who she knew.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Except thanks to copyright most people in the Marvel Universe do use Reedows 8 and Stark phones and drive the new Roxxon Hummmer.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Babe Magnet posted:

Well, that solves one mystery.

Yeah and I'm surprised I didn't think of it because it makes a boatload of sense.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Blood got vaporized. Bullock got hit because he was by the doors but we don't know if he died from it yet.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'll never buy that Peter would keep being Spider-Man in an active capacity with a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

That's really what has me worried. This should be poo poo, the whole set up is crap, it is so crap that when people told me it was good I wrote them off as Batman marks drooling over some evil Superman jerk fest. It took me almost a year to even pick it up and I did that as a laugh.

The fact this book wasn't hot garbage is probably in danger of violating some fundamental law of the universe I don't know about. Expecting it to be good after Taylor leaves is like expecting to win the lottery twice on the same day while curing cancer with hugs.

• Locked thread