Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My favorite What if is the one where The Silver Surfer agrees to stay in Hell with Mephisto to save one of the fantastic four.

Mephisto thinks this is easy but OH NO!
Silver surfer absolutely becomes the ultimate buddha in Hell and ends up tormenting Mephisto for entirety.

Also I enjoyed the Avengers X JLA crossover event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Has there ever been any what if books from the ultimate universe?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

catlord posted:

Looking at that list of What If? stories, it's kinda amazing how many of the same stories were turned into actual story lines (thematically if not directly).

When you start to run out of ideas always look towards what ifs and steal from their!

Nobody will ever know that ross was already a hulk before!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Anyone know of any Shazam elseworlds?

There was that one that was made by the dude behind the Bone books, but I'm not sure if its elseworld or not.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm surprised we've gone this long without mentioning Superman Red son.

I liked the idea that Luthor built most of Supermans rouges instead of them becoming freak accidents/from space, and the ending was pretty good.

Russian Batman was the best too, Don't know why they kept that costume back in injustice and made a Solomon one instead

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Plus Lex invents his own stuff most of the time, as opposed to an objectivist who bravely pays scientists to do the work. Also here's a game, think up elseworld scenarios for heroes who rarely get them!

What if the flashes rouge gallery swapped with Batmans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Does there happen to be a good website that goes in-depth on the majority of the what ifs? because a lot of the stories i'm hearing in here are fascinating

• Locked thread