Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I have mad love for The Justice Riders, a Chuck Dixon story set in the Old West, with Wonder Woman as a frontier lawman (woman), Blue Beetle as a wacky steampunk-style inventor, and Booster Gold as a Maverick-style dandy and professional gambler. It was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Also a great Starman design.

I kind of love that image. Somehow this one flew completely under my radar!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I can't think of a full story, but he did draw a few pages of Judgment Day--a retooling of Youngblood. The scene that sticks out in my mind was the denouement, set in a courtroom with like Shaft and some other dude in suits talking.

No violence. No action. Just two steroid monsters in their Sunday best having a conversation.

Judgment Day is awesome, and I won't hear anyone trashing it. It shouldn't work -- it's a superhero courtroom drama starring members of Youngblood, set in the middle of Moore's glorious Supreme run -- but it's also Moore's attempt to create a rich, detailed, layered mythology and history for Liefeld's Extreme/Maximum/Awesome Comics shared universe, all centered around the murder trial. There are guest artists galore; not just Rob, but also folks like Dan Jurgens, Keith Giffen (doing his best Jack Kirby pastiche), and even the legendary Gil Kane.

Almost all the "new" characters are homages to Golden Age DC and Marvel superheroes and classic pulp fiction characters, not unlike Ellis' Planetary. There was even a tease of Moore relaunching Prophet (yes, THAT Prophet) as a Doc Savage analogue, but nothing ever came of that.

• Locked thread