Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
My landlord just switched the internet/tv over from AT&T to Comcast XFINITY. Apparently now I can stream all games live on their site. :)

Still pissed that I wasted money on AJS and Overplay. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Homura posted:

My landlord just switched the internet/tv over from AT&T to Comcast XFINITY. Apparently now I can stream all games live on their site. :)

Welcome to
The future. NBC is killing it. poo poo owns.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

vaginal culture posted:

Welcome to
The future. NBC is killing it. poo poo owns.

It's good to be in the future, sir! :D

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Overplay seems to be working fine today!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

More like Overpay.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

c0burn posted:

Overplay seems to be working fine today!

Yeah, it worked fine for a while yesterday. It'll work until AJS get around to blacklisting their servers and go down again. Rinse and repeat until one side gives up.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
VPN-S's PPTP server is kinda slow in loading pages and the streams don't show up in the best quality, but they work seamlessly anyway. I'd say, for $2 a weekend it's not terrible.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Pst... Hola's working again!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I'm still getting the geoblocked error though.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

tetsman posted:

I'm still getting the geoblocked error though.

I'm watching +3 with Hola/Chrome and it's working fine. Is the Hola flame active with the Egypt flag?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jamsta posted:

I'm watching +3 with Hola/Chrome and it's working fine. Is the Hola flame active with the Egypt flag?

Come on.

E: After switching between the slow and fast servers it started working.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

tetsman posted:

Come on.

Dont take it personally, I'm used to asking people IT professionals obvious questions - it's easy to miss.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I'm still blocked (Hola/Chrome). drat it.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Apparently Hola just released new script for AJS. Haven't tried it yet, but it's out there if anyone wants to test it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

euroboy posted:

Apparently Hola just released new script for AJS. Haven't tried it yet, but it's out there if anyone wants to test it.

Got a link?

E: Duh it was listed as a new server. I'm trying it right now and it seems to work fine. Let's see how long this lasts.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 26, 2013

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Homura posted:

Funny enough, AT&T allows you to stream every game live as well.

(please sign an agreement to allow me to use the BeIN streaming service soon, I want to watch Serie A not endless Ligue 1/La Liga matches dammit)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Troy Queef posted:

(please sign an agreement to allow me to use the BeIN streaming service soon, I want to watch Serie A not endless Ligue 1/La Liga matches dammit)

I didn't realize BEin had a streaming service, and thankfully Fios has deals with everyone now, I just logged in and am looking forward to seeing how well it looks, there are matches at 2. NBC has blow me away in how good a job they've done with the PL, Fox's poo poo poo poo poo poo coverage is a fading nightmare.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of NBC, how have the ratings been for their PL coverage?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Now watching Atletico v Betis on my second monitor, full screen, and slowly chubbing up. Inter v Fiorentina starting at 2:30? I'll have some of that too :D

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

T. Finninho posted:

Now watching Atletico v Betis on my second monitor, full screen, and slowly chubbing up. Inter v Fiorentina starting at 2:30? I'll have some of that too :D

Yeah I get just the main BeIN channel streaming on Comcast, way better quality than the tv broadcast on my cable package. Sadly it doesn't give me the streams for all the other matches not being shown on the primary tv channel, which blows.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

tetsman posted:

Got a link?

E: Duh it was listed as a new server. I'm trying it right now and it seems to work fine. Let's see how long this lasts.

Can't see this at all, just the same 2 servers as normal that are both geo blocked.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I was kind of hoping that with NBC getting all the premier league matches and making them available to stream that the quality of illegal streams might go up since there is actually a decent place get them with English commentary. So poo poo that I can't watch my team on TV/internet most of the time even though I'm in England.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Begall posted:

Can't see this at all, just the same 2 servers as normal that are both geo blocked.

Dunno, the new servers just appeared in the list for me. Maybe it has something to do with Chrome? Try restarting it and rechecking the drop-down list of servers in the popup window.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Our package didn't include NBC sport though :(

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target
Sweet, I'm back in with Hola. It game me a choice of two Eygpt servers so I chose the one that said "Eygpt (fast)" and it worked.

Football is alive to me again.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Geoblocked again.

Headhunter fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 28, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
It keeps geoblocking me until I switch to the server I'm not using, but it's still shaky, so not really recommended.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Anyone else having problems with AJS? I could watch the Spurs game on HD just fine until about 10 minutes ago and now all the streams keep freezing after a minute or two.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Kept freezing for me too until I switched to +10, which strangely still says HD6 in the corner.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Der Shovel posted:

Anyone else having problems with AJS? I could watch the Spurs game on HD just fine until about 10 minutes ago and now all the streams keep freezing after a minute or two.

I can hardly watch one minute without the stream stopping. Egh.

e: looks like some obviously less popular streams don't have that problem, the harlequins saracens rugby match is working seamlessly it seems

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 28, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Again getting the geoblocked error. I have the impression someone made some change either to Hola or to the Al Jazeera page, because whenever I try switching servers instead of opening the page of the specific stream I'm trying to access it sends me back to the main page, where the Global channel works, but if I try rechecking any of the other channels, it just goes geoblocked again.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

I find whatever server I select it fails, until you change back and forth between fast and regular.

About the 3rd time it starts working.

Sounds like a bug in Hola, rather than Al Jazeera

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jamsta posted:

I find whatever server I select it fails, until you change back and forth between fast and regular.

About the 3rd time it starts working.

Sounds like a bug in Hola, rather than Al Jazeera

Yeah I generally do that and it works but right now whenever I switch servers it keeps redirecting me to the main page and then I get the geoblocked error again. I just thought it's weird and I'm not sure who to blame here.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

tetsman posted:

Yeah I generally do that and it works but right now whenever I switch servers it keeps redirecting me to the main page and then I get the geoblocked error again. I just thought it's weird and I'm not sure who to blame here.

Not running any other extensions or scripts which could be causing that, like an auto-reloader?

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

I signed up for a 3 day trial a few weeks ago on https://www.purevpn.com glad I didn't go for longer:

---

Dear customer,

I'm sorry to inform you that due to an incident we had to close your account permanently. We are no longer able to run an anonymization service due to legal issues we are facing.

We had to handover all customer’s information to the authorities unfortunately. They might contact you if they need any details about the case they are working on. The following information was handed over: your name, billing address and phone number provided during purchase and any documents we had on file (for example scan of your ID or driver’s license if you have provided these to our billing department).

We are also sorry we are not able to refund you, however if you wish your money back, please open a dispute on PayPal or file a chargeback with your credit card company. This is the only way we can refund you as our bank account is frozen during this investigation. We recommend you to do this as soon as possible as we can't guarantee all customers will get their money back.

We apologize once more this had to happen.

Yours sincerely,
Uzair Gadit
PureVPN founder

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Al Jaz was still hosed for me yesterday no matter the proxy I selected

RIP August - September 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jamsta posted:

I signed up for a 3 day trial a few weeks ago on https://www.purevpn.com glad I didn't go for longer:

---

Dear customer,

I'm sorry to inform you that due to an incident we had to close your account permanently. We are no longer able to run an anonymization service due to legal issues we are facing.

We had to handover all customer’s information to the authorities unfortunately. They might contact you if they need any details about the case they are working on. The following information was handed over: your name, billing address and phone number provided during purchase and any documents we had on file (for example scan of your ID or driver’s license if you have provided these to our billing department).

We are also sorry we are not able to refund you, however if you wish your money back, please open a dispute on PayPal or file a chargeback with your credit card company. This is the only way we can refund you as our bank account is frozen during this investigation. We recommend you to do this as soon as possible as we can't guarantee all customers will get their money back.

We apologize once more this had to happen.

Yours sincerely,
Uzair Gadit
PureVPN founder

It's fake http://www.purevpn.com/blog/fake-email-to-clients-update-1/

But they did get hacked so

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Yeah either way not a very good service. Performance was poor too.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

beIN online is free for Canadians/anyone who tricks the website until January 6th. Promocode beINCanada.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Exciting news from the world of dodgy Arabic streams, AJS are now actively hunting down people using VPNs / whatnot. A guy on a Finnish forum got his account frozen with the old "too many logins" thing and when he tried to get it unlocked, this is what they replied:

AJS posted:

Dear customer,

Your IP address here refers that you are located outside the MENA region, therefore you are not able to login and watch. moreover, using any VPN system will affect our service and cause continues blocking to the account.

Your account has been violating our service by using different IP addresses within a short period of time and from different countries, which means either sharing your login details with others or using a proxy program/DNStool to relocate your IP address, and by doing so, you are bypassing our security systems. This is considered a major breach to our service as per our guidelines and regulations. Therefore, your refund request has been rejected.

For any further information about our terms of usage please refer to our Terms & Conditions which you accepted when you subscribed to the service -http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Help/issue/Terms-and-Conditions.

So that's not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Did he actually request a refund though? Because I'm sure there's no way that'd fly really.

• Locked thread