Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Der Shovel posted:

Exciting news from the world of dodgy Arabic streams, AJS are now actively hunting down people using VPNs / whatnot. A guy on a Finnish forum got his account frozen with the old "too many logins" thing and when he tried to get it unlocked, this is what they replied:

So that's not great.

Agreed, thanks for the headsup.

Had 10 days left - closing it now as it's not worth the risk.

Fun while it lasted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

so what's the best alternative

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
There was this too: http://watch.sportsnet.ca/world/howtosubscribe.jsp

More expensive and less content so uh

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I bet he paid for a year subscription or something daft, too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tetsman posted:

Did he actually request a refund though? Because I'm sure there's no way that'd fly really.

I don't know, but a lot of other people who just asked to get their accounts unlocked are getting the same answer word for word, so I'm guessing someone who doesn't speak English or is just following a script is just pasting a generic "gently caress you" answer to everyone from outside the MENA region.

My second month is almost done and I won't renew, it's been too dicey. I guess I'll look into Premier League Pass or just loving swallow my pride and pay too much money for way worse TV coverage than last season.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

I don't know, but a lot of other people who just asked to get their accounts unlocked are getting the same answer word for word, so I'm guessing someone who doesn't speak English or is just following a script is just pasting a generic "gently caress you" answer to everyone from outside the MENA region.

My second month is almost done and I won't renew, it's been too dicey. I guess I'll look into Premier League Pass or just loving swallow my pride and pay too much money for way worse TV coverage than last season.

Or the other option: Wiziwig and the streams of woe.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jamsta posted:

Or the other option: Wiziwig and the streams of woe.

Yeah. Which is not a terrible option for a United supporter, there always seems to be a really high quality stream available. But I'd gladly pay good cash money for something like we had last season: 5 HD channels which showed all the matches, letting me pick and choose. Then they discontinued it even though they bought the 380 game rights from the premier league.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Come live in sunny Qatar, problem solved

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How plausible is it to use a proxy and borrow a login from an American friend to let you borrow their cable login to watch through NBC Sports?

It's a great service.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Weaponized Cum posted:

How plausible is it to use a proxy and borrow a login from an American friend to let you borrow their cable login to watch through NBC Sports?

It's a great service.

You could only do that if they had a private proxy server running on their home LAN. I believe NBC ties it's subscription to users on it's own network.

However, that's second hand knowledge. Someone else might be able confirm or deny?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jamsta posted:

You could only do that if they had a private proxy server running on their home LAN. I believe NBC ties it's subscription to users on it's own network.

However, that's second hand knowledge. Someone else might be able confirm or deny?

TWC streaming live TV does but I think you can watch NBC from "anywhere" in the states (i.e. work or the park or whatever) but I'm not sure. Might ask my brother stateside and see

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jamsta posted:

No it doesn't do anything like that you just need a login/password. And probably a vpn or dns or whatever that says you are in USA.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

vaginal culture posted:

No it doesn't do anything like that you just need a login/password. And probably a vpn or dns or whatever that says you are in USA.

I'm sure this is it. You need your friends cable account log in and voila, free footy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'm sure this is it. You need your friends cable account log in and voila, free footy.

I can verify, I watched Jozy poo poo it up on my phone over the cellular network and all I needed was my cable login.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Modus Trollens posted:

TWC streaming live TV does but I think you can watch NBC from "anywhere" in the states (i.e. work or the park or whatever) but I'm not sure. Might ask my brother stateside and see

TWC doesn't even get NBC Sports

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

vaginal culture posted:

That's good to hear. How many opens stream can you have open from one account?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Weaponized Cum posted:

It's a great service.

Sure sounds like it. I guess one option would be to find one of my many american friends and talk them into going halfsies on a subscription. They could watch on the telly, I'd watch on the Internet.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Sure sounds like it. I guess one option would be to find one of my many american friends and talk them into going halfsies on a subscription. They could watch on the telly, I'd watch on the Internet.

That. Or if they don't care about football, like in my case, then you're golden. I use my girlfriend's best friend's sister Comcast account for all my on demand/hbogo/NBC Sports needs and it beats paying for it, that's for sure!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jamsta posted:

That's good to hear. How many opens stream can you have open from one account?

I've had 4 matches playing at once, but all on the same IP. I don't know how restrictive it is.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

It's a great service.

Yeah I use Hola and my friend's login/pass. Works a treat.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I signed up to the NZ service last week and it's pretty good. Admittedly I live in New Zealand.

Downside is that it's only the Premier League but the quality is good and the four games on one screen was a nifty feature for when Liverpool weren't playing. Also, unlike Al Jazeera, there is VOD of all games (although some are only available within 24 hours of a game while most are available indefinitely).

Cost was $150 NZ dollars.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Back to watching pixels on firstrowsports it seems.

I'm a traditionalist anyways, all this VPN jiggery poppery is nonsense.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Trick to getting a decent stream is catching the sopcasts before they get canned (I usually get a few running and switch between them if one is being poo poo) or being one of the 4 people who can get acestream running properly.

Fortunately for me my aljaz sub came up for renewal about the time the hola poo poo started not working.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

greazeball posted:

Yeah I use Hola and my friend's login/pass. Works a treat.

Take not British fellas, phone your American friends and demand for for their cable logins.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I signed up to the NZ service last week and it's pretty good. Admittedly I live in New Zealand.

Downside is that it's only the Premier League but the quality is good and the four games on one screen was a nifty feature for when Liverpool weren't playing. Also, unlike Al Jazeera, there is VOD of all games (although some are only available within 24 hours of a game while most are available indefinitely).

Cost was $150 NZ dollars.

I'm assuming that living in Aus I'd need to use Hola or whatever to sign up? Do they crack down on users outside NZ that you know of, like AJS did/are doing?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

NinjaSteve posted:

I'm assuming that living in Aus I'd need to use Hola or whatever to sign up? Do they crack down on users outside NZ that you know of, like AJS did/are doing?

No idea to be honest.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NinjaSteve posted:

At least not yet, apparently. The troubles with AJS started when pubs and bars started buying subscriptions and just showing the games in public, which drew the Premier League's ire. Let's hope that doesn't happen with PLP.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

BT Sport is on the verge of announcing a £1 billion deal which would end two decades of Champions League football on terrestrial TV, according to a senior source at the broadcaster.

The broadcaster has been in advanced talks with Uefa, and is understood to be close to revealing it has won the right to show Champions League and Europa League matches for the first time from 2015.

A reported three-year deal will be seen as a significant blow to both Sky and ITV, who currently share the rights.

Oh no

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
It has been confirmed. https://twitter.com/btsport/status/399114737335934976

It has been reported that BT has exclusive rights from 2015-2018. In that agreement, that would have to show some free to air matches. BBC and ITV are bidding for highlight rights at the moment.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I like the BT sport coverage and get it free so I'm pretty pleased. Amazed sky let them get it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

psyer posted:

It has been confirmed. https://twitter.com/btsport/status/399114737335934976

It has been reported that BT has exclusive rights from 2015-2018. In that agreement, that would have to show some free to air matches. BBC and ITV are bidding for highlight rights at the moment.

Thank god for this competition which once again is much better for the customer and doesn't mean you'll have to subscribe to more services

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I can confirm that the NBC Live Extra doesn't give two fucks where you log in from as long as its America nor does it care how many people are logged in at once either. I've had 3 or 4 people using mine at the same time in multiple parts of the country and its never seemed to care that multiple people in several states are claiming to be me.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I like the BT sport coverage and get it free so I'm pretty pleased. Amazed sky let them get it.

From what I hear it's more a case of BT paying well over the odds as opposed to SKY "letting them".

I love SKY Sports to bits but it's about time someone made it more interesting.

BT needed this too because it was starting to look like it'd be another ESPN/Setanta.

I predict that SKY will take the rights for most of the big European leagues now.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
So BT have won the rights but some matches still have to be free-to-air? Colour me confused lads.

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

Don't get too excited - BT will show one match per season for each English club for free. And the final.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

gently caress BT Sports. First they take MotoGP, now they're taking Champions League. Why can't they take England internationals as well so I don't have to listen to Clive Tydselely shrieking any more?

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Yeah I was just thinking that the CL situation is poo poo anyway: 1 free-to-air match a week and its on ITV...couldn't get much worse than that, right? gently caress you football.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is anyone still using Al-Jazeera? I closed my sub last month and have heard from local lads that it's actually working decently now. Better quality and less geoblocking. Can anyone comment?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sky's CL coverage is shite anyway so hopefully BT can do it better (and ITV universally awful at everything). Is BT Sport free for all BT customers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

Sky's CL coverage is shite anyway so hopefully BT can do it better (and ITV universally awful at everything). Is BT Sport free for all BT customers?

It's free if you have Infinity I'm not sure if that's the case for regular broadband customers.

Their online streaming is far loving better than ITV's or Sky's though.

• Locked thread