Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ninpo posted:

It's free if you have Infinity I'm not sure if that's the case for regular broadband customers.

Their online streaming is far loving better than ITV's or Sky's though.

ITV streaming is brilliant of course I want to watch an advert every time I reload the page because their lovely video player broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Modus Trollens posted:

ITV streaming is brilliant of course I want to watch an advert every time I reload the page because their lovely video player broke

For three consecutive weeks people trying to get CL coverage has made their site unresponsive, it's laughably poo poo.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Good bit o' bantz there Chilsey

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Is anyone still using Al-Jazeera? I closed my sub last month and have heard from local lads that it's actually working decently now. Better quality and less geoblocking. Can anyone comment?

I wonder if it's working well now because everyone flocked away from their service, possibility mayhaps.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Is anyone still using Al-Jazeera? I closed my sub last month and have heard from local lads that it's actually working decently now. Better quality and less geoblocking. Can anyone comment?

I just took a look and I still get a geoblocked message from their Sports news, so I assume I would get the same from matches if I re-subbed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hallowed Turban posted:

I wonder if it's working well now because everyone flocked away from their service, possibility mayhaps.

Mayhaps. Apparently they upped the bitrate to 4500 or something recently, so that might explain the quality.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Ninpo posted:

It's free if you have Infinity I'm not sure if that's the case for regular broadband customers.

Their online streaming is far loving better than ITV's or Sky's though.

It's free if you've got regular broadband too

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't believe it will stay free long-term for just broadband customers - they want people signed up to BT as their TV provider in the same way they are with Virgin and Sky.

This whole thing will end up with people having to pay full whack for both services if they want European and Premier League football. Or just streaming more than they already do.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

peanut- posted:

I don't believe it will stay free long-term for just broadband customers - they want people signed up to BT as their TV provider in the same way they are with Virgin and Sky.

This whole thing will end up with people having to pay full whack for both services if they want European and Premier League football. Or just streaming more than they already do.

No but you see capitalism creates choice for the consumer leading to better prices and hahahahaha

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

c0burn posted:

No but you see capitalism creates choice for the consumer leading to better prices and hahahahaha

are you suggesting televised sports broadcasting should be nationalised?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I would have no problems at all if the BBC showed all the sport ever.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

JFairfax posted:

I would have no problems at all if the BBC showed all the sport ever.

and what about your freedom to chose

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I will choose to watch in HD free to air or on the iplayer or listen on the radio.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

excuse me lady posted:

are you suggesting televised sports broadcasting should be nationalised?

It already is in Argentina (look up "Futbol Para Todos")

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Michael Ballack, Alexis Lalas, Steve McManaman, Santiago Solari, and Taylor Twellman has been announced as pundits for ESPN USA's coverage of the 2014 World Cup draw and the 2014 World Cup. More pundits will be announced later.

Bob Ley will present the draw for ESPN.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/12/espn-names-first-five-analysts-for-2014-fifa-world-cup-team/

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Looks like FOX will retain the Champions League TV rights for 2015-2018.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/12/06/Media/UEFA-Fox.aspx

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
Here's a (non-exhaustive) rundown of what to expect from the Sportsnet World Online service for any other Canadians who have $23/mo to waste:

-5 EPL matches per week (it seems like the EPL TV rights are split between Sportsnet and TSN)
-All Champions League matches
-All Europa League matches from the group stage on
-Most/all World Cup qualifiers
-Other international stuff like the Confederations Cup
-A random selection of other international friendlies, U20s, U17s, etc...
-A bunch of CONCACAF champions league matches and other assorted CONCACAF stuff
-2 or 3 Scottish Premier League matches per week
-FA cup matches like Port Vale vs. Shortwood United and Oxford United vs. Gateshead (& probably everything from the round of 16 on)
-2 Argentina Primera Division matches per week (hope you like Boca Juniors and River Plate)
-All the big (i.e., worth televising in English) DFB-POKAL and Coupe de France matches
-All regular season matches for MLS powerhouses Vancouver Whitecaps
-And more!

All matches are streamed live and have replays available (with no stupid 3 day, 7 day, 1 month availability restrictions on replays). Also, if you pay $2/mo more you get lots of Rugby, a little Cricket and a live stream of the Sportsnet World channel.

I've been using it since February and overall I'm happy with the service. The biggest downsides are only having half the EPL matches, the schedule not always being up to date (sometimes a match doesn't show up on the schedule until it starts) and some technical issues (bad feed quality, mislabeled matches, replays very occasionally not being available). On the other hand, the stream quality is probably the best I've seen (definitely better than NBC's) and the iPhone/iPad apps are very good. If you're in Canada (or have a good Canadian VPN), and the price doesn't scare you away, I would certainly recommend it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

So... What's the easiest way to watch the 3pm kick offs these days?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Haggis Heed posted:

I've been using AceStream and bloodzeed links from wiziwig, start a stream 10 minutes early and you're golden as long as you follow their guide to increasing ratios.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Haggis Heed posted:

Move outside the UK

Or just find a stream.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Move outside the UK

You can still only watch one match though. Unless you move really, really far away from the UK.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Total Meatlove posted:

I've been using AceStream and bloodzeed links from wiziwig, start a stream 10 minutes early and you're golden as long as you follow their guide to increasing ratios.

Whats this?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

this turns it from unusable poo poo to brilliant

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
ESPN and Martin Tyler has decided to part ways for the 2014 World Cup. And Ian Darke will be the lead commentator for ESPN 2014 World Cup coverage.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/01/espn-martin-tyler-mutually-agree-end-relationship-ahead-2014-fifa-world-cup/
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/01/espn-names-ian-darke-lead-commentator-2014-fifa-world-cup/

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

I don't like this news at all

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Think they can coax Mark Bright to co-host with him?

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Andy Gray will make his return to UK TV tomorrow for Everton's FA Cup match on BT Sport.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10596256/Andy-Gray-to-return-as-commentator-with-BT-Sport.html

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

God I've missed him

E. Is he replacing Owen

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Well that's loving disgusting.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

God I've missed him

E. Is he replacing Owen

BT says it is a one time thing at the moment as he is filling in for Owen.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

DickEmery posted:

Well that's loving disgusting.

Yeah I also think Everton should be kept off our screens

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

psyer posted:

BT says it is a one time thing at the moment as he is filling in for Owen.

We're not sure if the new-found tolerance for homosexuality in football has forced adaptation of other 20th century ideas so we're checking to see what the media reaction is before confirming this.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
People can change, change the channel that is, when Owen commentates

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I had no problem with him on Al Jaz. Yes the man's a piece of poo poo but so is the sport, the government, your boss, etc.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Koesj posted:

I had no problem with him on Al Jaz. Yes the man's a piece of poo poo but so is the sport, the government, your boss, etc.

Poignant, I agree

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Hallowed Turban posted:

Poignant, I agree

It is.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I agree

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Would anybody like to send me PM of a decent site I can watch the Liverpool/Everton game tonight?

I've not used streaming sites for a couple of years so don't really know the good ones anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Certainly, try wiziwig.tv, choose sports, then football, then the game, then the stream

• Locked thread