Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

fatherboxx posted:

The current ISS starter that was released in 2016 is the second incarnation and has 3 new Combi Rifle models. The ones in the separate box are way older and are all special weapons profiles - Control Device, Hacker, Spitfire and Multi Sniper Rifle. It is somewhat unusual, because the new Moderators for Bakunin were released not far from the new starter and Yu Jing got new Zhanshi SWC box, despite having zero use for them.

The new resculpts of the Celestial Guard SWC box have been announced to come out this year.

Can't come out soon enough, my Celestial Guard link teams have a couple members who look suspiciously like Zhangying agents.

It's a safe bet those Zhanshi will end up being the Invincible Army's cheerleader troops, and the Hac Tao hacker + HMG pack on an AVA 1 unit in vanilla YJ makes me think IA will be the next sectoral after Tunguska.

How the hell anyone expects an army composed almost entirely of heavy infantry will function is beyond me, but Military Orders exist so whoooooo knoooows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Quoting for a new page, and also because these look pretty good.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i actually really like the frying pan rocket launcher guy.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The models look great, really tight on the theme of robot samurai. Might grab a box eventually to go with all my traitors.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

why did they just put an 25mm base on their heads?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Special camo models. They can jump in trash cans and disguise themselves. Gives 'em IMP-1.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Yeah, i think the models are generally awesome, solid poses and cool robo-samurai style on top of the beefy Hi look which is always good. That one frying pan head is terrible though, the other two are way better.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
The JSA asthetic is too fuckin' odd. Their visors are in the font middle of a pancake strapped to their head. Like, the shikami was cool and stylistic, this is too much.

(I'm gonna wind up hate-buying them, I can feel it)

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
People are already leaving off the flags, I'm sure a legoman head will be a fine replacement.

Edit: I take it the blue dots are for 'eyes'?

Cassa fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 11, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Alokgen posted:

why did they just put an 25mm base on their heads?
Fuckin racist scum out out out

He's got a handy wok for a fry up if him and the lads get hungry at least

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawUi9s3ENE

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I want to start playing this game now that I have my models, and I want to buy a rulebook because it's nicer to play with a book (in my opinion).

Which book should I get? Infinity 3rd Edition or Human Sphere N3?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
3rd Edition, Human Sphere N3 is an expansion.

Or print out the digital rulebook.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone used Senor massacre yet in Aristeia? he seems a tad fragile.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

a7m2 posted:

I want to start playing this game now that I have my models, and I want to buy a rulebook because it's nicer to play with a book (in my opinion).

Which book should I get? Infinity 3rd Edition or Human Sphere N3?

If you want the rules, you'll need both. The N3 is the base rule book, and HS is an expansion that pretty much everyone uses (running Fireteams for example). If you want hard copy, I'd get the main rules first and use the PDFs of the others (HS and ITS rules) to be going along with - and get HS if you find you need it.

You'll also get the background fluff in the printed books, that isn't in the free downloads.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Spikes my freshly painted Haramaki Zensenbutai into the dirt.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So looking for Marauder box replacements, I dig the official models but I don't wanna fill out a link team by scouring eBay and I dig the Spetsnaz look over the heavy armoured plate. As such I've been looking at Spectre Miniatures' line of stuff, particularly their GRU Spetsnaz.

Since the shield guy is impossible to find on ebay for less than 400% markup, definitely getting this fellow at least.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

New Mormaer: https://mayacast.com/2018/04/13/mayacast-infinity-preview-caledonian-mormaer/

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

hey great another sculpt for a model not worth its points

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

ow that belt feed

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

one of the boys asked if it was a T2 HMG and I think I had a stroke

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Hipster Occultist posted:

hey great another sculpt for a model not worth its points

In what way? 1W is a bummer but otherwise.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It hasnt got camo so he won't take it.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
T2 HMG.. hah. Hah

:stonklol:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
My local group is doing a 150pt starter league this week.

Is it possible to do 150pts of USAriadna and not just be terrible? The Lieutenant choices really suck!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

My local group is doing a 150pt starter league this week.

Is it possible to do 150pts of USAriadna and not just be terrible? The Lieutenant choices really suck!
yeah just play better and crit more.

I suck at writing lists
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

8 2
GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
GRUNT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(this list is terrible)

I suck at writing lists

GROUP 1 8 2 1
ROSIE Light Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Heavy Pistols, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)

2 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army
(this is even worse)

With 150pts though, everyone is hamstrung like this, though some factions can worm their way out of like like Bakunin, at least you're all on a relatively lovely playing field.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 13, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Deploy second with 6x inferior infiltrating grunts is an option.

FORWARD UNTO THEIR DEPLOYMENT

9 1 1
MARAUDER Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Cassa fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 14, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
a starter league, better make everyone STARTer to hate me but running 6 cuntgrunts!

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

a starter league, better make everyone STARTer to hate me but running 6 cuntgrunts!

Getting your link team melted/shotgunned by an infiltrating Grunt is a rite of passage for any Infinity player; better they learn spacing sooner rather than later.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Cassa posted:

In what way? 1W is a bummer but otherwise.

If I'm playing Caledonia a Grey is better for cheaper and slides into my main 5-man link. In Vanilla he competes with Vet Kazaks, Tankhunters, and Spetznaz, all of which are better. Only the Vet Kazak is more expensive, but he is much more survivable and ignores LoL.

As it stands the moramer isn't garbage, just not worth taking over other options. Give him NWI and we'll talk.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cassa posted:

Deploy second with 6x inferior infiltrating grunts is an option.

FORWARD UNTO THEIR DEPLOYMENT

9 1 1
MARAUDER Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Leaving aside the dickishness issue, I think it's actually better to use 4 of the hft grunts and put the spare swc into a full link, either 2 snipers or an hmg. Gives you far more options as some models may be good for counter deploying to grunts (cheap high ph and cc warbands) so just in great elevated positions which can't be reached

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Rules question: I have a Lu Dan disguising itself as a Rui Shi or whatever. I run it up to the ZOC of my opponent's TAG or HI or other hackable target and attempt to hack them; does hacking someone through a repeater in Holoecho state reveal the Repeater's model?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

does hacking someone through a repeater in Holoecho state reveal the Repeater's model?

From the Repeater entry of the wiki:

quote:

Repeater + Impersonation or Camouflage and Hiding
Troopers or pieces of Equipment that have Repeater in addition to any Special Skills that allows them to act as Markers instead of figures (Camouflage and Hiding, Impersonation...) reveal themselves automatically if a friendly Hacker attempts to use their Repeater ability.

Hackers cannot use a repeater carried by an enemy trooper in a Marker state.

I would argue that Holoecho is a marker state and thus applies.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holoechoes are a marker state yup

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
So at GenCon last year, fellow Goon selnaric picked up a bunch of terrain from the 4Ground booth, among which was the "game store" building interior. He had just finished assembling it in time for last Friday night's Infinity game. Thus, as a Ghulam trooper busted through a window trying to work his way into a position to put the enemy in a crossfire, he was confronted with an unsuspecting civilian:

"Can I help you, thir?"
"Uh, yeah. Gimme all your bottles of Agrax Earthshade, motherfucker. That poo poo is liquid talent, and I must have it!"

Or alternately...

"Put every copy of Aristeia you have in a bag, hand it over, and nobody gets hurt."

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've not played in forever and I found out my town has an Infinity game day every Sunday. I was thinking of playing some RECON to get the hang of things again. How do people feel about the following list? I've never played Infinity outside my own home with friends, so I'm oblivious to anything meta related and probably really terrible (especially so since it has been nearly a year).

StarCo RECON

SEŅOR MASSACRE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 26)
MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
BRAWLER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

2 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

edit:

I want to play Starco because I love the Mobile Brigada sculpt and drat if Starco doesn't make that look good. I should probably make a second list for missions that rely on pushing buttons but I'm wondering how this one looks.

Main issue is you are only allowed one fireteam at a time. I'm not sure if using command tokens to switch based on necessity / forming a fireteam after the first is destroyed would make it worth bringing two potential teams. Probably?

edit 2: I'd also be up for suggestions on how to build a Onyx RECON force. I'm at a complete loss there.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 15, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Recon is the weird format one right?

Played some Aristeia today and managed to one shot Maximus with some lucky dice. Posted it to the WGC group for those interested.

Laxmee is pure filth and Hannibal while great I think is a bit overrated.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Flipswitch posted:

Played some Aristeia today and managed to one shot Maximus with some lucky dice. Posted it to the WGC group for those interested.

Yeah, Recon has the following list building requirements:

150 points
No named characters over 35 points
max 1 Impetuous (not counting Frenzy)
1 multi-wound model for every three other models
"Only a single Fireteam (Core or Haris or Duo or Triad or Enomotarchos) may be included in the list. It may contain a maximum of 3 members and may not be reformed to more than 3."
1 combat group

Missions are Annihilation, Exfiltrate, Frontline, Seize the Antennas, Smash and Grab, Sweep and Clear.
Map is 24" by 36"

Looking at it again maybe I can't bring two fireteams and just have one running at a time. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

edit: The meetup either does Recon, introductory games, or full 300 points games.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 15, 2018

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Flipswitch posted:

I saw that pic! Did the "hit" and "!" tokens come with the mercenaries box? I've only managed to get in two games, so I'm not planning to buy any of the expansions, but I do like the sound of the "sorcerer" in Smoke and mirrors (it even has a Monty Python reference!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, Recon has the following list building requirements:

150 points
No named characters over 35 points
max 1 Impetuous (not counting Frenzy)
1 multi-wound model for every three other models
"Only a single Fireteam (Core or Haris or Duo or Triad or Enomotarchos) may be included in the list. It may contain a maximum of 3 members and may not be reformed to more than 3."
1 combat group

Missions are Annihilation, Exfiltrate, Frontline, Seize the Antennas, Smash and Grab, Sweep and Clear.
Map is 24" by 36"

Looking at it again maybe I can't bring two fireteams and just have one running at a time. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

edit: The meetup either does Recon, introductory games, or full 300 points games.

I'm not sure, but I think the special Brigada/Massacre/Daktari link requires a full five models, ie it actually is '3 MB + 1 Senor + 1 Daktari'. I know it seems weird, but the rules really are that specific for a lot of special fireteams.

If this Recon format (which I've never played) is aimed at learners or more simple games, I think trying to gain a second back up fireteam might be a bit of an error - even if it's allowed it might leave a bad taste with some of your opponents. Better to take the list building rules in the spirit they're meant and just take a conventional list.

For a small game with those restrictions, I'd advise taking a single 3 man link with a high burst weapon - your main attacking piece. Add a sniper or TR bot if you have enough SWC. That's your overwatch. Throw in a doctor and 1-2 models which either infiltrate or aerial deploy. Then fill the rest with cheerleaders. Gives you a powerful straightforward option, something to pin your opponent down or catch out his shorter-ranged stuff, and the ability to reach forward to his DZ.

• Locked thread