Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Flipswitch posted:

That's a woman u misogynistic piece of poo poo

Also karaukuri own hard

Huh. Never noticed the midriff before. I hate that sentence and that thought process. It's still the worst model in the range.

Lemy Caution posted:

Speaking of Karakuri does anyone know of any good conversions or fittingly weeb 28mm robots that fit JSA's aesthetic?

Geisha looks not required, perhaps not even deisred.

I literally just painted up some Odalisques this month for such a purpose. I'm a terrible painter so they suck, but all you'd really need to do is figure out a JSA-appropriate color scheme, then draw some hexes and robo-face-panel lines in with a finepoint marker.

And yeah, the thread title isn't so great for a couple of reasons. It'd be swell if it got changed to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I will never reveal the Yu Jing secret.

This thread is Bob from Accounting.

Too Much Ghost in the Shell.

A Maggie who won't steal your milk.

Aleph Is For Weenies

Deus Won't

Combat Heels and Anime

Unconscious Level 3

Homeric Heroes and Catgirls

Brazilians! In! Spaaaaace!

Jumping to your death for points

Exrah Appreciation Station

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

Do you have pics of your robo-Odalisques? A friend is interested in the same thing now I've mentioned it to him, and would like to see what you did.

Sure, but treat these as a cautionary tale as to what not to do, rather than an example of a successful product.

I like the Odalisques for this in particular because they've got a lot of cruft around their joints, so if you're better than I am with a pen or a brush, you can make them look pretty robotic. They've also all got a huge gauntlet thing on their right arms, which is prime robot territory.

Very, very strongly consider something aside from white for the skin parts. It looks bad without being sufficiently alien. I'm contemplating giving these a really thin blue or purple wash.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Lookin' good, but no Nomad TAG is complete without racing stripes.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'd play Biotechvore over Rescue any day of the week.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

This is stupid, but I'm not gonna pretend that all the Haqq players suddenly losing Tarik isn't incredibly funny.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Pierzak posted:

I'm not gonna cry over losing stupid Fatality L2, but banning a character so soon after releasing the Beyond box he's in probably isn't the best idea.

Don't get me wrong, this whole thing is brain dead in the extreme. I'm just salty because I've been crit to death an awful lot.

I wonder what the turnaround time is on a single mini for CB. Having a limited edition mini for the winning faction, like an alt character sculpt, available until the Interplanetario would be a way better reward and wouldn't actively screw so much of your player base.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Kusanagi should probably be wiped altogether and Bakunin given a fresh hero, since JSA's got Literally Major Kusanagi nowadays.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I will fight anyone who hates on the Appleseed setup. They work like this.

The Geckos are almost literally the Guges, with a little editing to avoid copyright issues.

Hell, if CB's gonna give us the comic book Nomads, we may as well get a Deunan and a S5 Briareos knockoff while we're at it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Quoting for a new page, and also because these look pretty good.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Special camo models. They can jump in trash cans and disguise themselves. Gives 'em IMP-1.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

I see no tactical rock on the bottom one, which is the primary identifier of an Infinity model :colbert:

Well-sculpted, supple buttocks underneath the tabbard flap that you will have to glue on.

"have to"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

It's not as bad as most of the hardcore MO players, at least. Mostly.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

hey, I was told of some local dude that painted swastikas on Corregidor models, no one is safe

what the fuuuuuck

Flipswitch posted:

Is this the white supremist deus vult types? I don't venture into the PanO forum much, or 4chan. I assume that's where they breed.

Yeah, imagine those dudes who play 40k who are really enthusiastic about screaming "heresy" and murdering people, only mapped onto a thing from real life, and also did you know about some poo poo I made up about the Crusades because Kingdom of Heaven is my jack-off material?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

What in particular is giving you trouble?

For your first couple of lists, I suggest looking at the mission you're going to play, figuring out what you need to do to either win points or prevent your opponent from doing the same.

For example -

If I'm playing Supplies, I'll often take a bike or two if I have access to them. I'll then take an ARO piece or two to cover my box-grabber and to hopefully keep the other army off my stuff. Next step is to think about what my opponent will do similarly, so I might take a minelayer to stop them from grabbing boxes and a sniper to kill off their ARO guys.

A lot of this stuff will vary based on your army or your local meta, of course, but you can usually adapt the idea pretty easily.

• Locked thread