Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So something came up which I think we've been getting wrong for the past several games. The only terrain-based penalty to BS comes from stuff you're physically up against, correct? For example, if you are shooting up into a building at a model through a narrow window, but the target is not actually up against the window/wall then the it's just distance+camo, etc. modifiers right?

We'd been apparently misinterpreting the rules for cover/low visibility and applying the -3 BS mod against models with and obstructed line of fire, but that were not physically in contact with a piece of cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So it turns out there's going to be an ITS event at Templecon. I'm kind of on the fence about which Corregidor list to take and was looking to get folks' opinion.

Here's my initial idea:

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 0

WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
INTRUDER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 48)
INTRUDER (X Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 52)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (28)
ZONDCAT Electric Pulse.
VORTEX (WIP15, Doctor, CH: Mimetism) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10 | 12XP)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

5.5 SWC | 296 Points

Open with Army 4

A slightly alternate list would be

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 0

WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (22)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)
HELLCAT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Mobile Brigada are arguably not worth their points but from a starter standpoint are very boring for how much they cost. Replace it with an Intruder.

Also, agreed on making of one the Alguaciles the LT. Teach the Nomad player to be a bit cagey with possible LT models.

For 59pts you could replace the Securitate with an Interventor or Custodier and a Sputnik or Zond to emphasize that Nomads often use a "Kitchen Sink" approach to list construction.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Confirmed with TO, its Plastcraft.

Now I have to know, who were you?

Also, in defense of the foremost table, that was before I loaded that sucker up with scatter terrain.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
We ran a local tournament over the weekend and had great turnout for our tiny little local meta. PanO wound up taking the top spots (boooo) but we otherwise had a good mix of factions represented. Our top player basically came asking the question "Dragoe?" and no one could readily come up with an answer. We also had an Avatar stomping around which I didn't expect to see outside of High Tier games. Our FLGS dropped the ball on getting the physical ITS packet and doesn't actually stock Infinity so we came up with some alternate prize support and things went rather well otherwise.

• Locked thread